Jump to content

Featured Replies

Nah that's a load of rubbish. Harry Styles IS #1, it's impossible for him not to be.
  • Replies 237
  • Views 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Styles manages it. I have to say 2017 is totally eclipsing 2016 already. 2016 was a total future bass/tropical house nadir where I could barely find even any 8/10s in or out of the chart. Chained to the Rhythm, Green Light, Big For Your Boots, You Don't Know Me and Love (which sadly just missed out on the Top 40) were what 2016 was crying out for. The Sheerapocalypse was horrible, but 2017 is still vastly preferable to it's predecessor. I made an alternative Now 96, which shared about 12 tracks with the official one and it seems 2-17 has give us 30-40 absolutely bangers already. On the indie side of things, loving Circa Waves, The Amazons and The Hunna - today's guitar bands aren't crushed under the weight of hype like they used to be, which helps.

Take That should get a few of their older Albums in the lower reaches of the chart this week after their TV special.

Interesting to see the Amazon movers & shakers chart which has the Albums that have shown the biggest increase in Sales rank in last 24 hours.

7 of their Albums in Top 20 of this chart - highest ranked is Greatest Day Live Album which somehow has shown a 7,270% increase in Sales ( sounds a bit unlikely that as it implies massive Sales but suspect has sold negligible copies so far this year before yesterday).

Edited by timjimlee

Nah that's a load of rubbish. Harry Styles IS #1, it's impossible for him not to be.

 

How can it be impossible he's not no1? Ed has massive streams which account for 80% of single sales in the current climate. Styles isn't top 5 in streaming yet so hopefully he won't be no1.

  • Author
How can it be impossible he's not no1? Ed has massive streams which account for 80% of single sales in the current climate. Styles isn't top 5 in streaming yet so hopefully he won't be no1.

Did you not see the huge lead Harry had on sales on Friday? It's totally impossible for Ed to be ahead of him right now. The article in question was merely speculating...

Take That should get a few of their older Albums in the lower reaches of the chart this week after their TV special.

Interesting to see the Amazon movers & shakers chart which has the Albums that have shown the biggest increase in Sales rank in last 24 hours.

7 of their Albums in Top 20 of this chart - highest ranked is Greatest Day Live Album which somehow has shown a 7,270% increase in Sales ( sounds a bit unlikely that as it implies massive Sales but suspect has sold negligible copies so far this year before yesterday).

The percentage is based on the change in position, not sales. For example, if an album goes from number 2 to number 1, that is a 100% increase.

The percentage is based on the change in position, not sales. For example, if an album goes from number 2 to number 1, that is a 100% increase.

Oh that makes more sense, thanks for the clarification. May not be quite the impact I initially thought then.

Did you not see the huge lead Harry had on sales on Friday? It's totally impossible for Ed to be ahead of him right now. The article in question was merely speculating...

 

No, I didn't see the huge lead but I guess we'll find out later today when we get the midweeks. I'd be surprised if he was no1.

I can't remember the last time opinion was so divided on here as to whether someone definitely will or definitely won't be Number 1 :lol:
I can't remember the last time opinion was so divided on here as to whether someone definitely will or definitely won't be Number 1 :lol:

Yes definitely one of the most eagerly awaited Midweek updates for a while...

Kworb doesn't show any position for Chainsmokers' album on UK iTunes. Is it available at all?

3. The Chainsmokers - Memories..Do Not Open

 

-x-

 

I just don't understand why people think he'll miss #1 :lol: I'm pretty sure he'll open with around 42k, MILES ahead of everyone else.

We shall see later on, I still think Harry is a dead cert for #1, I can't see Ed Sheeran getting another week, unless Clean Bandit get there, its really between those 3 artists.

I think it's going to be really close between the top 3 of 'Signs of The Time', 'Galway Girl' and 'Symphony'. I can see 'Shape Of You' finally falling to #4.

 

Adding together streams and sales, I would say that 'Galway Girl' is probably overall doing the best today. It is at 0.54 of Harry on iTunes and has nearly double the streams and we all know that streams definitely hold the weight over sales in such a scenario; if this is the case Ed is going to be raking up better sales (as in iTunes and streams) for 4 days of the week compared to Harry's 3. Also 'Galway Girl' seems to have closed the sales gap to 'Symphony' slightly on iTunes and is a good bit ahead of 'Symphony' on Spotify, so I would probably guess that together it is ahead of that too today.

 

I'm still thinking Harry will just manage the #1 but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Galway Girl at #1, Harry at #2 and CB stuck at #3 yet again. I'm just readying myself to be disappointed as there is still 4 days left and Harry can still fall a long way in that time.

There really isn't a question of whether Harry will be #1 in the mids today. It's a question of how big the lead is, that we'll find out.
A Video for 'Galway Girl' would make things interesting but suspect Ed wouldn't do this to his mate.
I think everyone is eager to find out if Harry is #1 today, there is already 350+ guests viewing Buzzjack :lol:
I think everyone is eager to find out if Harry is #1 today, there is already 350+ guests viewing Buzzjack :lol:

Well he will be number #1 today, its all about the size of his lead at this point.

I don't think it will happen but it would be totally hilarious if harry isn't number 1 at least in today's update

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.