April 12, 20179 yr The 1D fans will need to organise some more streaming parties! Maybe we should arrange some Symphony parties :D
April 12, 20179 yr Looks like number 1 will sell in region of 60-65k this week then, my guess would be around 62k. Another 15k might be a stretch for Harry unless his fans are mobilized to stream on repeat.
April 12, 20179 yr Maybe we should arrange some Symphony parties :D Sounds like a good idea. I mean I loved Shape three months ago but it's time for people to move on :lol:
April 12, 20179 yr Maybe we should arrange some Symphony parties :D The acoustic version is beautiful!
April 12, 20179 yr URGH. Why can't it be 'Symphony' if anything's going to challenge? I'm so unbelievably sick of this now.
April 12, 20179 yr Author I think Harry will nab it still, the gap is smaller on Spotify now and he's pretty stable on iTunes so I think he'll maintain the #1 spot by Friday.
April 12, 20179 yr me too, the gap was always gonna close when adding the Spotify missing data, it's not that Ed is gaining on him
April 12, 20179 yr Author me too, the gap was always gonna close when adding the Spotify missing data, it's not that Ed is gaining on him I expect Ed probably is gaining on him but you're right, the missing weekend Spotify data will no doubt give Ed a huge helping hand, the gap on Spotify is smaller now.
April 12, 20179 yr FFS. Definitely thought Harry would be a lot closer to 100k than where he's at currently. Give me 'Galway Girl' over bloody 'Shape Of You'! PLEASE! I really can't deal with the charts right now.
April 12, 20179 yr Egg on the faces of those who said Harry would run away with the #1 this week. I knew it would be close given how far behind on streams he is/was.
April 12, 20179 yr URGH. Why can't it be 'Symphony' if anything's going to challenge? I just streamed the other three versions so that's a fraction of an extra sale for them. I think I prefer the "alternative" one over the original actually.
April 12, 20179 yr I'm more surprised that any of you are surprised tbh. The chart is more accurate than it's ever been and Shaoe If You is clearly the most popular song around :)
April 12, 20179 yr I think Harry will make it to #1 with the gap of 3-5k. Not much BUT AT LEAST IT'S A BLOODY NEW #1.
April 12, 20179 yr Author Yesterday's mids have come in, I won't do a full update because we'll be getting a Music Week top 40 later, but Harry was on 40k yesterday and Shape of You was on 30k, meaning Harry sold ~7k yesterday and Ed sold ~9k. Even bearing in mind there's one day of missing streaming, Shape shouldn't be able to catch Harry.
April 12, 20179 yr I think Harry will make it to #1 with the gap of 3-5k. Not much BUT AT LEAST IT'S A BLOODY NEW #1. Until Shape overtakes it to #1 again next week :lol:
April 12, 20179 yr I really hope 'Symphony' manages to overtake 'Shape' next week. Even if 'Symphony' stalls 'Shape' is in a steady decline, which I hope should be enough for them to swap places at least next week.
April 12, 20179 yr I'm hoping that Symphony gets a boost on iTunes when it returns to number one, 'Symphony' could also potentially climb to #1 on Spotify tomorrow so that could have a positive affect! It's currently #4 in the mids, 1.7k behind Galway Girl and 2.9k behind 'Shape Of You! It could overtake 'Galway Girl' though! Symphony Streaming Party :cheer: Edited April 12, 20179 yr by WallIsSoGood
April 12, 20179 yr Yesterday's mids have come in, I won't do a full update because we'll be getting a Music Week top 40 later, but Harry was on 40k yesterday and Shape of You was on 30k, meaning Harry sold ~7k yesterday and Ed sold ~9k. Even bearing in mind there's one day of missing streaming, Shape shouldn't be able to catch Harry. Whilst I agree with you on the outcome Tuesday is typically the lowest Sales day of the week so we should be cautious on extrapolating yesterday's Sales for rest of week Sales. Daily Sales for Wed and Thu likely to be a bit higher than yesterday.
Create an account or sign in to comment