June 20, 20233 yr Is it me or is this new Dua song flopping? Merit aside, I thought she'd be 6-8 this week given the radio and streaming support. Slightly more successful than ‘Hold My Hand’ and ‘Lift Me Up’ I’d say.
June 20, 20233 yr They're not "refusing" to add it to Dua's Apple Music page, it's only available as an instant grat from Barbie the Album, which is not tagged to Dua because she only has 1 song out of the 17 on there. It's annoying but it's just the system of Apple Music, unlike on Spotify where Dance the Night got a separate single release. The label could easily do that on Apple too but they haven't.
June 20, 20233 yr They're not "refusing" to add it to Dua's Apple Music page, it's only available as an instant grat from Barbie the Album, which is not tagged to Dua because she only has 1 song out of the 17 on there. It's annoying but it's just the system of Apple Music, unlike on Spotify where Dance the Night got a separate single release. The label could easily do that on Apple too but they haven't. Thanks for the explanation. I use Spotify so wasn't aware they do that. One of the reasons because I find Apple Music annoying to navigate. Maybe the label has a strategy for it to have a boost from the soundtrack release then? (I can only hope)
June 20, 20233 yr Kylie's website are reporting that Padam Padam will be added to the Radio 1 playlist from this Friday. This will be Kylie's first playlisted track at Radio 1 since Get Outta My Way in 2010. https://twitter.com/MinogueCentral/status/1...223175055540229
June 20, 20233 yr The Dua track is just a soundtrack single. The true test will be when the new era kicks off.
June 20, 20233 yr Thanks for the explanation. I use Spotify so wasn't aware they do that. One of the reasons because I find Apple Music annoying to navigate. Maybe the label has a strategy for it to have a boost from the soundtrack release then? (I can only hope) Also, if you type Dua Lipa into the search bar first Dua artist page comes up, second the essentials playlist and third is the single Dance The Night.
June 20, 20233 yr Also, if you type Dua Lipa into the search bar first Dua artist page comes up, second the essentials playlist and third is the single Dance The Night. But you shouldn't have to do that to find the song. If I look for the latest single by an artist I like I would go the artist profile and it appears at the top. On Spotify if you follow an artist, you get notifications on a feed when they release something and it appears on a personalized "release radar" playlist every week. If it's not on their profile or a part of a compilation you won't even know. I'm not sure if it's the same on Apple?
June 21, 20233 yr On Apple when searching for an artist that’s how you get the artist profile up so although it isn’t on her artist page before going in there you need to search and it’s the third search bar that comes up. So what I’m saying is you cannot miss it.
June 21, 20233 yr I know she’s been creeping up on Spotify but I could still see Leigh-Anne dropping all the way to #11 and Hannah Laing being Top 10.
June 21, 20233 yr I know she’s been creeping up on Spotify but I could still see Leigh-Anne dropping all the way to #11 and Hannah Laing being Top 10. So can I. In fact, looking at the numbers I'm near enough certain that's what will happen!
June 21, 20233 yr Here are my projections for positions 4-12 (which I will be posting elsewhere so apologies for the spam) #4 Jazzy #5 Harry Styles #6 Rudimental #7 Kylie Minogue (7/8 are too close to call) #8 Switch Disco #9 Hannah Laing #10 Rema #11 Leigh-Anne #12 Loreen
June 21, 20233 yr If Leigh-Anne can't even get top 10 when Jesy Nelson could get top 5, that's not a good look.
June 21, 20233 yr Jesy struck while the iron was a lot more hot tbf. The other Little Mix girls have really taken their time to start their solo careers.
June 21, 20233 yr All of them will flop. They're not the Spice Girls!! They will have to settle for a couple top 20s, like Melanie Blatt.
June 21, 20233 yr I hope leigh ann can squeeze in and stay top 10. Unfortunately she looks like ending up a lot of sales outside the top 10. The top 10 are looking pretty strong this week - compared with those outside the top 10.
June 21, 20233 yr All of them will flop. They're not the Spice Girls!! They will have to settle for a couple top 20s, like Melanie Blatt. Probably bet even the spicey girls all would in this era :P
June 21, 20233 yr I'd be quite happy with that top 10 - Good Love in, Calm Down continuing its run, and As It Was completing an unprecedented clean sweep of all Top 10 positions without leaving the Top 100. It's a shame Rudimental are set to miss the Top 5 again after falling short by 2 copies last week, but they might get another chance next week.
June 21, 20233 yr Yeah, I can't really see any of the Little Mix girls having strong solo careers. They were definitely much stronger as a whole.
June 21, 20233 yr Jesy had controversy and a A list feature on her debut single too. Leigh Anne's song will surely do well over time. It's a nice little earworm. It might struggle to make the top 10 in future if it doesn't this week though, I can see it being one of those songs that spends several weeks top 20 instead.
Create an account or sign in to comment