September 12Sep 12 5 minutes ago, TheSnake said:Didn't watch this. Did they cover some of the rising songs in the top 100 then?It’s on tomorrow
September 13Sep 13 I'm curious as to how many songs they'll play as Weekend Breakfast was on for 3 hours yesterday and played 50 songs! Will it be a Top 40 with lots of chat or maybe new entries and risers in the Top 100 and the Top 40? I'm very excited!
September 13Sep 13 I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to see anything beyond the top 40 covered, given it's only a top 40 by Friday. They'll definitely be giving some coverage to the brand new Official Homegrown Albums chart, Music Week confirmed this the other day!
September 13Sep 13 worth noting the Homegrown Albums Chart appears to be restricted only to recent releases, much like the rules the OCC's been using for the Irish Homegrown Chart
September 13Sep 13 Author Yeah I saw the OCC article yesterday, this chart is restricted to albums released 12 months or less prior & will be counted down on this new first look show. Didn’t state whether it was top 10/20/40.Anyway what I came here to say is, is it bad I’m genuinely really excited for this?? 😭 I’m so curious to see what it consists of
September 13Sep 13 21 minutes ago, blackmascara said:Yeah I saw the OCC article yesterday, this chart is restricted to albums released 12 months or less prior & will be counted down on this new first look show. Didn’t state whether it was top 10/20/40.Anyway what I came here to say is, is it bad I’m genuinely really excited for this?? 😭 I’m so curious to see what it consists offwiw you can actually see the homegrown albums chart now on the OCC site:potential spoiler I guesshttps://www.officialcharts.com/charts/official-homegrown-chart/ Edited September 13Sep 13 by maggotsforbrains
September 13Sep 13 oh so they are limiting it to recent british albums then. Assumed thats what they were going for. But yea if they play anything beyond top 40 its just gonna be like what they do on hits where they play “future hits” maybe
September 13Sep 13 Author 55 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:fwiw you can actually see the homegrown albums chart now on the OCC site:potential spoiler I guesshttps://www.officialcharts.com/charts/official-homegrown-chart/Yeah looked at it on Friday to report back to the RAYE discord haha (I run a charts channel there)
September 13Sep 13 I ultimately am not interested in First Look on my opinion... Which is why I never even listened to it in the first place.
September 13Sep 13 Author I actually quite enjoyed that! Bit of a drag but i like how they’ve added things in to spice it up a bit. Did not need to hear So Easy twice today though as much as I adore that song
September 13Sep 13 feel like replacing the top three recap from the start and replacing it with a runthrough of big gainers outside the top forty from the previous week would be better and cut repitition, but I don't think they did a bad job overall tbh
September 13Sep 13 Overall, it was a decent programme. The BBC's biggest difficulty is that the chart is very slow which means that it may be a show that people listen to every few weeks rather than every week. There is not much the BBC can do about that. I assume they would have to pay more to be able to use positions outside the top forty.Homegrown Albums Chart - a good addition but I would like them to play more tracks from albums that are not by standard R1 artists.Dance Chart - I hope they will rotate specialist charts rather than doing the dance chart every week.Archive Chart - the name they are using is stupid, but the general idea is good. I hope they rotate years, perhaps doing five, ten, fifteen and twenty years ago. The occasional look back even further would be great.The end of the show was rather rushed but that can happen in a live programme. Perhaps they should only play the current number one at the start rather than the top three.
September 13Sep 13 Scrap the top 3 recap, just read it out and leave it at that with a soundbite like they do with the top 5 albums on Friday. Do a song from every top 10 homegrown album to keep it fair and have some variety. Do not repeat songs.
September 14Sep 14 I can't believe they ended up playing 'So Easy' twice, that is like the pinnacle of stupidity.
Create an account or sign in to comment