Jump to content

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, Mangø said:

It was hardly pussying out, I don't rate his debut album and I didn't think anything from it would have done particularly well in the contest, so 🤷‍♂️

I sent The Birds part 1 to BJSC back in 2012 (?) and it came 8th. I think Rolling Stone could’ve surprised you as well. High for This is a classic, D.D. is a really interesting song too. Montreal is the only song in his entire repertoire that I know of where he sings in French and it’s сunt.

But I could very well be wrong due to my bias as I was obsessed with the mixtapes when they were coming out.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I think they just maybe sh!t themselves due to the high caliber of females and just thought to send strong singles too early?! (Adele mentor if you’re reading this, we want Set Fire To The Rain and S

  • I was at the Liverpool Eurovision thing working it! I was stuck in a green room looking after Lightning Seeds’ guitars with Zara getting ready to go on stage for about an hour sending sneaky pictures

  • He responds to my Instagram stories whenever I post about Zara so I would assume so 😂 I’m sure he’s as much of a mess as he ever was given his only other message to me this year was advising me which

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, pavi said:

I sent The Birds part 1 to BJSC back in 2012 (?) and it came 8th. I think Rolling Stone could’ve surprised you as well. High for This is a classic, D.D. is a really interesting song too. Montreal is the only song in his entire repertoire that I know of where he sings in French and it’s сunt.

But I could very well be wrong due to my bias as I was obsessed with the mixtapes when they were coming out.

I think it's all subjective. But I'll give those songs another listen at some point.

01 Adele - Rolling in the Deep

02 Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move

03 Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes

04 Robyn - Hang With Me

05 Dido - Take My Hand

06 MARINA - Froot

07 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination

08 Milica Pavlović - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M)

09 Agnes - EGO

10 Leona Lewis - Come Alive

11 Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault

Rolling in the Deep is a classic for good reason, Adele at her best. Jessie Ware bringing a fave this round, great pick <3

More solid choices from Kate, Robyn and Dido. Marina and Sophie both okay but I didn't enjoy either quite as much as I did when they were released. Not as fond of the bottom four to be honest but nothing terrible.

  1. Adele - Rolling in the Deep

  2. Agnes - EGO

  3. Leona Lewis - Come Alive

  4. Milica Pavlović - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M)

  5. Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault

  6. MARINA - Froot

  7. Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move

  8. Dido - Take My Hand

  9. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination

  10. Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes

  11. Robyn - Hang With Me

It's so hard to call who's gonna go this week. I think Zara will be safe because she has lots of top votes to cancel out all her bottom votes. I think it will be really close between 2 or 3 of the others though.

Yeah genuinely think a former bop idol winner is in trouble - although think it will be Milica to go

Not even sure Leona or Zara are safe either

11 Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault (one of my favourite Zara songs ❤️ seems like the sort of thing that wouldn’t have aged great but it feels kinda like the most Midnight Sun coded song in her discography that isn’t from that era so it’s had a proper revival with me in the last year - strong comeback from Love Me Land)

10 Adele - Rolling in the Deep (the best Adele song I think? Kinda crazy to use this early but she does have many more classics to come I guess so why not guarantee survival when faves are falling like flies x)

09 Agnes - EGO (this era doesn’t get its flowers enough in best album of the conversations if you ask me, and this is possibly the best of the era - sounds huge and anthemic)

08 Robyn - Hang With Me (my love for Robyn has grown over the years and this is the type of song responsible for that - the epitome of her bashful, conversational but beautifully relatable lyricism and a classic)

07 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination (very glad this has appeared, kinda underrated I feel but has a timeless energy to it, just Sophie doing what she does best)

06 MARINA - Froot (I’ve always found this era a bit overrated online but this song has stood the test of time well)

05 Milica Pavlović - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M) (definitely prefer this song to round 1 and I think the field isn’t quite as strong which has allowed me to enjoy this more comparably)

04 Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move (I definitely prefer Jessie in her disco bag that she’s landed in since 2020 but I like this more than I did at the time)

03 Leona Lewis - Come Alive (it does bop but it hasn’t aged very well at all, that kinda dubstep lite sound is probably the worst aging trend of the 2010s for me)

02 Dido - Take My Hand (I was enjoying this but it went on a bit for me and didn’t really do much with its length to warrant it continuing for so long)

01 Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes (she sounds great but this didn’t really leave much of an impression on me sadly)

Not as strong as round 1 but still by far the best category ofc, every elimination is gonna be a killer :(

  1. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination [favourite]

  2. MARINA - Froot

  3. Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move

  4. Dido - Take My Hand

  5. Leona Lewis - Come Alive

  6. Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes

  7. Adele - Rolling in the Deep

  8. Robyn - Hang With Me

  9. Milica Pavlović - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M)

  10. Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault

  11. Agnes - EGO

Bloodbath round.

01 Adele - Rolling in the Deep (fave)

02 Robyn - Hang With Me

03 Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault

04 Agnes - EGO

05 MARINA - Froot

06 Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move

07 Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes

08 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination

09 Leona Lewis - Come Alive

10 Dido - Take My Hand

11 Milica Pavlovic - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.