Jump to content

SoundClash: One Hit Wonders | #12 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote for your FAVOURITE one hit wonder

    • Mini Viva – Left My Heart In Tokyo {#7, 2009}
    • Charlie Brown – On My Way {#7, 2013}

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Posted

It's SoundClash!

In this event we celebrate the one hit wonders of the 21st century so far.

In each round, two songs will go head to head to come out on top, with each credited artist only having a single UK Top 40 hit to their name. In each case, you're voting for your favourite song. The winning songs will then go into a grand collection of one hit wonders to be voted for once the opening rounds are complete.

These are the two songs going head to head this round;

Mini Viva – Left My Heart In Tokyo {#7, 2009} 🇬🇧

Mini Viva were a British pop duo consisting of Frankee Connolly and Britt Love. The duo released several singles before disbanding in 2010.

Charlie Brown – On My Way {#7, 2013} 🇬🇧

Charlie Brown is an English singer-songwriter known for his soulful vocals and blend of pop, R&B and electronic music. He has also collaborated with artists including Sigma, Wretch 32 and Digital Farm Animals.

You Decide!

Here is what we have had so far in this series of SoundClash;

Iglu & Hartly vs. ALMA

Vanessa Amorosi vs. Ten Walls

Divine Inspiration vs. Kent Jones

Newton Faulkner vs. Bridgit Mendler

Andreas Johnson vs. Nico & Vinz

DB Boulevard vs. Grace

Little Jackie vs. Wynter Gordon

O-Zone vs. Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino

The Bravery vs. Alex Clare

Esmée Denters vs. Secondcity

ATC vs. Christine And The Queens

  • Replies 12
  • Views 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a one horse race. And that horse is Mini Viva.

13 minutes ago, gooddelta said:

It’s a one horse race.

Charlie Brown vs Elyar Fox would have been a more even battle.

  • Author

Well I have gone against the grain here and given my vote to the forgotten Charlie Brown which despite forgetting all about from the time has given me a fresh wave of enjoyment. Mini Viva is fine of course but I preferred the other singles.

I went to school with a Charlie Brown who I remember acknowledged his namesake charting that very week.

But it has to be Mini Viva.

I'm forever confused by who this Charlie Brown is/was. He had that one random hit and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

Anyway Mini Viva unquestionably.

I have zero recollection of that Charlie Brown song. And I knew pretty much all the hits back then... It sounds a bit like that Alesha Dixon weight watchers song, but without the charm...

Mini Viva EASILY gets my vote. I still listen to that and their other two songs regularly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.