Jump to content

Featured Replies

"Every single night, I pray that / My ____ are sitting right" 😭 still surprised they haven't added a replacement in the clean edit yet - the gap feels SO clunky tbh

Edited by maggotsforbrains

  • Replies 330
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Shame such an underground band were blocked from the top. I hope their career recovers from this!

  • where the hell did Morrisson come from to go top 40 then? Tesco and Sainsbury need to up their game

  • JosephStyles
    JosephStyles

    It's her moment x

Posted Images

  • Author

07 | up 08 | 20th week

Olivia Rodrigo

the cure

170x170bb.jpg

2nd single from you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love

Released: 22nd May 2026

Label: Olivia Rodrigo

Chart Statistics

NE (04/06/2026) | 2-3-4-3-4-6-8-11-9-8-11-11-8-7-8-6-6-6-8-7

Sales: 400,000+

Certification: Gold

Status: Standard Chart Ratio

01 Sales

02 Audio Streaming

04 Video Streaming

Video

Biography

Olivia Rodrigo recognises that the yearning, melancholy aspect of her love songs is key to their intense emotional appeal—beginning with 2021’s weepy smash, “drivers license”. “I think that grounds it in something real,” she told Apple Music’s Zane Lowe in 2026, “and that’s why we resonate with those types of songs so much.” Born in 2003 in Murrieta, California, Rodrigo juggled childhood lessons in piano, voice and acting before starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and eventually turning to pop music with an abashed passion for seething ’90s alt-rock. Rodrigo was only 18 when she released her debut album, SOUR, a breakup record with a meticulous rage: “Where’s my f***ing teenage dream?” she wondered on “brutal”, the album’s Elastica-recalling opener. GUTS followed in 2023, with Rodrigo and repeat producer/collaborator Dan Nigro placing her pointillistic lyrics in an expanded sonic palette that incorporated influences from off-kilter ’90s acts like The Breeders and B******e Surfers. In the same 2026 interview, she described each of her albums as a journey of self-discovery—including that year’s you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love. Observing that it’s the first album she’d made as a woman in her twenties, Rodrigo hinted at how she traded angst for joy on several tracks. But even then, there should still be enough visceral realism to keep fans poring over every lyrical detail. - Apple Music

Top 100 Chart History

2020 32 All I Want -OST-

2021 01 drivers license -1- MILLIONAIRE

2021 04 deja vu -2- MILLIONAIRE

2021 01 good 4 u -3- MILLIONAIRE

2021 05 traitor -4- MILLIONAIRE

2021 17 favorite crime -AT-

2021 36 jealousy, jealousy -AT-

2023 01 vampire -1- MILLIONAIRE

2023 03 bad idea right? -2-

2023 07 get him back! -3-

2023 45 the grudge -AT-

2023 12 Can't Catch Me Now -OST-

2023 78 all-american bitch -AT-

2024 10 obsessed -4-

2024 24 so american -AT-

2024 58 stranger -AT-

2026 01 drop dead -1-

2026 02 the cure -2-

2026 02 stupid song -3-

2026 30 honeybee -AT-

2026 54 expectations -AT-

2026 52 serena joy -NAS-

4 x #1 | 9 x Top 5 | 11 x Top 10 | 13 x Top 20 | 17 x Top 40 | 22 x Top 100

Social Media

image.png image.png image.png image.png Olivia Rodrigo

image.png

Just now, maggotsforbrains said:

"Every single night, I pray that / My ____ are sitting right" 😭 still surprised they haven't made a clean edit yet - the gap feels SO clunky tbh

How about "sticks"

Just now, maggotsforbrains said:

"Every single night, I pray that / My ____ are sitting right" 😭 still surprised they haven't added a replacement in the clean edit yet - the gap feels SO clunky tbh

What on earth are they going to replace the original with?

But for real, each time The Cure comes on, I'm like God this is only going on Halloween playlists because of the video alone.

Just now, Stephen Emmett said:

How about "sticks"

"pics" (as in pictures) would kinda work I guess - would agree that it's kind of hard to replace while making sense

2 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

"Every single night, I pray that / My ____ are sitting right" 😭 still surprised they haven't added a replacement in the clean edit yet - the gap feels SO clunky tbh

They are hardly gonna replace it with a random word for absolutely no reason, she says what she says and obviously the radio need to censor it 😂

1 minute ago, maggotsforbrains said:

"Every single night, I pray that / My ____ are sitting right" 😭 still surprised they haven't added a replacement in the clean edit yet - the gap feels SO clunky tbh

Not as clunky as Eminem Beautiful They can all get _______ I'll stay true to you [in the chorus].

ALL BECAUSE MY HEAD IS FULL OF POISON AND MY HEART IS FULL OF DOUBT! 😭

I GOT TOXINS IN MY BLOODSTREAM YOU TRIED SO HARD TO SUCK OUT 😭

Just now, LiamSime said:

They are hardly gonna replace it with a random word for absolutely no reason, she says what she says and obviously the radio need to censor it 😂

Maybe a funny sound effect like "ah!"

Just now, maggotsforbrains said:

ALL BECAUSE MY HEAD IS FULL OF POISON AND MY HEART IS FULL OF DOUBT! 😭

I GOT TOXINS IN MY BLOODSTREAM YOU TRIED SO HARD TO SUCK OUT 😭

Practical Magic 2 just really made me love this song a bit more than I usually would

Just noticed that "the cure" is Olivia's longest-running song in the top 10. It just needs 3 more weeks until it becomes the 46th song to do 20 weeks (at least) in the top 10.

  • Author

06 | up 07 | 27th week

STELLA LEFTY

Boston

170x170bb.jpg

3rd single from Is This Heaven? and Long Way Home

Released: 27th March 2026

Label: STELLA LEFTY

Chart Statistics

NE (16/04/2026) | 91-57-53-48-38-35-27-28-25-26-26-18-19-20-18-15-14-17-9-5-4-4-4-4-3-7-6

Sales: 400,000+

Certification: Gold

Status: Standard Chart Ratio

04 Sales

04 Audio Streaming

35 Video Streaming

Video

Biography

Despite an appropriately twangy stage name, Stella Lefty would seem like an unlikely presence on the country charts -- at least, before going viral in 2026 with her surprise hit "Boston." Lefty released a handful of tracks the year before (including the Tragic, Really EP) that flirted with more traditional, organic pop influences. But the singer has cited inspiration from Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and even Keith Whitley, which made the acoustic guitar-and-banjo-driven mini-breakthrough "Thinking 'Bout You" a fair evolution toward something different. After releasing another catchy country-pop tune, "Slow Dancin'" (and a moody outlier, "The Kill," from the soundtrack to Scream 7), it was the mere chorus of "Boston," inspired by a romance blossoming between trips to Nashville to work with fellow songwriters and interpolating Noah Kahan's Top Ten "Stick Season," that inspired a frenzy on social media. - Apple Music

Top 100 Chart History

2026 03 Boston -1-

2026 87 I Know I Know -2-

0 x #1 | 1 x Top 5 | 1 x Top 10 | 1 x Top 20 | 1 x Top 40 | 2 x Top 100

Social Media

image.png image.png image.png image.png STELLA LEFTY

image.png

Just now, maggotsforbrains said:

ALL BECAUSE MY HEAD IS FULL OF POISON AND MY HEART IS FULL OF DOUBT! 😭

I GOT TOXINS IN MY BLOODSTREAM YOU TRIED SO HARD TO SUCK OUT 😭

Because baby I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED, I'M UNRAVELLED

Just now, TheSnake said:

Not as clunky as Eminem Beautiful They can all get _______ I'll stay true to you [in the chorus].

"They can all get screwed" would've worked fine there (tho that might've also been too explicit for the radio)

Stop The Wedding in the top 5!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.