Jump to content

Featured Replies

Dre's retro picks:

 

Nelly Furtado - Turn Off The Lights [pop]

#4 this week in 2001

 

Truth Hurts ft Rakim - Addictive [rnb]

#3 this week in 2002

 

Shaft - Mucho Mambo [dance]

#2 this week in 1999

  • Replies 348
  • Views 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009

01. (-) Jay-z Ft Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town (74) :wub: I actually do like this song, mainly for Rihanna

02. (-) Sugababes - Get Sexy (74) :wub:

03. (2) David Guetta Ft Akon - Sexy Chick (74)

04. (1) Dizzee Rascal - Holiday (74) :puke2: :puke2: :puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

05. (3) The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling (74)

06. (33) Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire (71) - GOOD LORD!!!!!

07. (6) Little Boots - Remedy (74)

08. (5) Tinchy Stryder Ft Amelle - Never Leave You (74)

09. (7) Beyonce - Sweet Dreams (74)

10. (8) Esmee Denters - Outta Here (74)

 

2005

01. (-) Gorillaz - Dare (62) :wub:

02. (2) Rihanna - Pon De Replay (62)

03. (3) Daniel Powter - Bad Day (62)

04. (-) Jessica Simpson - These Boots Are Made For Walkin' I have this on her flop of an album "A Public Affair" - I do love it

05. (1) Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle (62)

06. (4) Simon Webbe - Lay Your Hands (62)

07. (6) The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie (62)

08. (-) David Gray - The One I Love (62)

09. (-) Les Rythmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body (Make Me Sweat) {2005}

10. (5) James Blunt - You're Beautiful (61)

 

2000

01. (-) A1 - Take On Me wow, a lot of covers this week

02. (1) Madonna - Music :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

03. (2) Spiller - Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) (47)

04. (-) Element Four - Big Brother UK TV Theme

05. (3) True Steppers And Dane Bowers Featuring Victoria Beckham - Out Of Your Mind (47)

06. (4) Robbie Williams - Rock DJ (47)

07. (6) Britney Spears - Lucky (47)

08. (5) Melanie C - I Turn To You (47)

09. (7) Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler

10. (-) Bon Jovi - Say It Isn't So

OMG Truth Hurts :heart: such a classic
Am I the only one that hates that A1 song, honestly one of the worst covers I've ever heard :(

I don't "hate" it, but why anyone would want to listen to it when it's just a by-numbers cover of the original is beyond me...

01. (-) Jay-z Ft Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town

02. (-) Sugababes - Get Sexy

03. (2) David Guetta Ft Akon - Sexy Chick

05. (3) The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

06. (33) Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

08. (5) Tinchy Stryder Ft Amelle - Never Leave You (Best Tinchy Song)

09. (7) Beyonce - Sweet Dreams (Love)

10. (8) Esmee Denters - Outta Here Very Underrated song, was great

 

03. (3) Daniel Powter - Bad Day I used to love this song also :(

07. (6) The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie :wub:

10. (5) James Blunt - You're Beautiful (Loved this song)

I bought the A1 song lol! I think its better than the original
Wow a1 were no.1 with that just before I started High School.....ten years later and tomorrow I begin my teacher training!
It was ironically probably one of A1's weaker singles considering it was their first #1...Same Old Brand New You was a much more deserved #1 (not that you'd know it seeing as it tumbled to #8 the following week...). Caught In The Middle and Everytime in particular would have been more deserving of the top spot. I guess the video (which WAS amazing at the time, honest) helped it along to #1, it was very talked about at the time due to using some effects used in The Matrix, cost a lot of money to make.

 

My fave number 1 out of that list was Spiller :heart:

Hiya Bray! Chart geek :P

 

Hi Shelli. Whore. :kink:

So Chart Geek, who do you want to be number 1. I want Alexandra Burke to be, her song is so catchy now!
Great, the radio 1 streaming is nor available on the BBC site. Anyone has another link to the live streaming?
So Chart Geek, who do you want to be number 1. I want Alexandra Burke to be, her song is so catchy now!

Well this can happen only next week ;)

So Chart Geek, who do you want to be number 1. I want Alexandra Burke to be, her song is so catchy now!

 

Next week, out of the potential contenders, Katy.

 

PDLMG is pleasant enough but not brilliant, Dynamite is a bit boring, SWY is awful and PG is not very good but growing on me a bit.

Edited by ~ braysephone ~

Next week, out of the potential contenders, Katy.

 

PDLMG is pleasant enough but not brilliant, Dynamite is a bit boring, SWY is awful and PG is not very good but growing on me a bit.

Acronym crazy! :lol:

40 :down: (from 36) Biffy Clyro - God & Satan [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/14FLR44CD.JPG

 

Chart Run: 36-40 [2 wks]

 

Release date: 23-08-2010

Format: CDS

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: 14FLR44CD

Label: 14thfloor

 

Scottish alternative rock band, Biffy Clyro, formed in the mid-1990s, and released their first single æIname' in May 1999. The THEKIDSWHOPOPTODAYWILLROCKTOMORROW EP was released by the Electric Honey imprint the following June, and helped pave the way for a recording contract with Beggars Banquet Records. The trio's first album for Beggars Banquet, BLACKENED SKY, was an amalgam of US alternative rock and technical metal. The follow-up, THE VERTIGO OF BLISS--released June 2003--was a more experimental collection of modern rock tracks, mixing quirky guitar riffs, acoustic interludes and lush strings. PUZZLE--the band's fourth album, released in 2007ùincluded collaborations with the contemporary composer Graeme Revell, and the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. - HMV

 

Video here:

 

track listing

1. God And Satan

2. Hawkwind

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2002 61 57

2003 46 The Ideal Height

2003 26 Questions And Answers

2004 21 Glitter And Trauma

2004 24 My Recovery Injection

2005 27 Only One Word Comes To Mind

2007 13 Saturday Superhouse

2007 19 Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies

2007 18 Folding Stars

2007 29 Machines

2008 27 Who's Got A Match?

2008 05 Mountains

2009 10 That Golden Rule

2009 17 The Captain

2010 20 Many Of Horror (When We Collide)

2010 34 Bubbles

2010 36 God & Satan

 

Album Discussion Here

Hi :) Retro Faves:

 

2009

01. (-) Jay-z Ft Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town

02. (-) Sugababes - Get Sexy

03. (2) David Guetta Ft Akon - Sexy Chick

04. (1) Dizzee Rascal - Holiday

05. (3) The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

07. (6) Little Boots - Remedy

08. (5) Tinchy Stryder Ft Amelle - Never Leave You

09. (7) Beyonce - Sweet Dreams

10. (8) Esmee Denters - Outta Here

 

2005

01. (-) Gorillaz - Dare

02. (2) Rihanna - Pon De Replay

04. (-) Jessica Simpson - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'

05. (1) Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle

07. (6) The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie

09. (-) Les Rythmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body (Make Me Sweat) {2005}

 

2000

01. (-) A1 - Take On Me

02. (1) Madonna - Music

05. (3) True Steppers And Dane Bowers Featuring Victoria Beckham - Out Of Your Mind

06. (4) Robbie Williams - Rock DJ

07. (6) Britney Spears - Lucky

08. (5) Melanie C - I Turn To You

I think Start without you is quite cute!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.