Jump to content

Featured Replies

38 :up: (from 72) Kelly Clarkson - Mr Know It All [D]

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GjTYRYTgL._AA115_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 6-4-9-15-21-21-29-45-58-72-38 [11 wks]

 

Release date: 16-10-2011

Format: download only track

Label: RCA Records Label

 

As the very first winner of the AMERICAN IDOL television show competition, Kelly Clarkson was inevitably pegged as little more than a manufactured pop commodity. The surprisingly versatile singer managed to survive against expectations, however, and released one of the most infectious singles of 2005, "Since U Been Gone." The success of the song not only endeared Clarkson to a tremendously diverse cross-section of the music listening population, it altered her status from mere contest winner to genuine pop sensation and pointed to a career worth following. - HMV

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2003 06 Miss Independent

2003 35 Low / The Trouble With Love Is

2005 05 Since U Been Gone

2005 09 Behind These Hazel Eyes

2005 07 Because Of You

2006 21 Walk Away

2006 22 Breakaway

2007 09 Never Again

2009 01 My Life Would Suck Without You

2009 36 I Do Not Hook Up

2009 66 Already Gone

2011 04 Mr Know It All

 

Discussion Thread Here

  • Replies 476
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Mill's little laugh at 'cover of Biffy Clyro' was so cruel but so true
  • Author
13 :re:

17 :up:

7 :down:

3 :ne:

Brilliant! So good to see much movement in the chart :wub:

I've grown to like 'Price Tag' again now it's stopped being ridiculously overplayed. It's a cut above the rest of her material for sure. Good to see it back.

 

Me too. Though actually Domino is quite decent.

It's also nice to see Scott is familiar with the term RE-ENTRY too :lol:

 

Mr Know It All has really grown on me, I used to think it was a generic Kelly Clarkson single but it feels kind of Alicia Keys/ Bruno Mars/ Pink inspired.

It took 4 weeks back in 1984 :D

 

Oh wow! :o Yeah, that definitely holds the record. :lol: I assume it was a case of two massive hits being released the same week?

 

Surprised to see Kelly Clarkson back! :o I wonder how her next single will do. Maybe top 20?

Was NOT expecting Kelly in the chart today. :wub: (Actually wasn't expecting When I Was A Youngster either, but this is a much nicer surprise)

37 :up: (from 66) The Wanted - Lightning [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/2783339.JPG

 

Chart Run: 2-9-11-19-27-36-42-60-59-66-37 [12 wks]

 

Release date: 17-10-2011

Format: CDS

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: 2783339

Label: island

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2010 01 All Time Low

2010 02 Heart Vacancy

2010 19 Lose My Mind

2011 03 Gold Forever

2011 01 Glad You Came

2011 02 Lightning

2011 46 Warzone

 

Discussion Thread Here

Surprised to see Kelly Clarkson back! :o I wonder how her next single will do. Maybe top 20?

 

I wish! It could get there if she does some serious promotion over here. Otherwise I can see it doing a 'I Do Not Hook Up' or worse... 'Already Gone' :(

From the BPI website:

 

WHAM! - LAST CHRISTMAS

Platinum Certification (Single) 01 January 1985 CBS (EPIC) Released 03 December 1984

Certification History:

Silver Certification 01 December 1984

Gold Certification 01 December 1984

When Scott Mills did the flashback to last year, it reminded me of how that girl called in saying she wanted Matt Cardle, and Scott had a massive go at her because he wanted Rihanna to get it, and was panicking since she stalled at #2 for ages. :lol: It made me laugh, because I was feeling exactly the same way at the time tbh. :lol:

 

The Wanted should also have 2 songs in the top 40. Good that Warzone made it I guess. I thought it would miss out.

Oh wow! :o Yeah, that definitely holds the record. :lol: I assume it was a case of two massive hits being released the same week?

Yes it sold 500k in it's opening week to Band Aid's 751k

Good to see Kelly's best song back :D

 

Not so happy to see this dull as The Wanted song back. It's better than Warzone though.

Two Wanted songs in the chart :( What have I done to deserve this!
Two Wanted songs in the chart :( What have I done to deserve this!

 

Slightly confused as the majority of their material sounds like "All About Tonight" but slightly classier.

36 :down: (from 29) Lana Del Rey - Video Games [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/STRVS008.JPG

 

Chart Run: 9-15-12-13-19-24-32-38-40-29-36 [11 wks]

 

Release date: 17-10-2011

Format: SS [7" only]

Catalogue Number: STRVS008

Label: strangerrecords

 

Video here:

 

track listing

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2011 09 Video Games

 

Discussion Thread Here

*mutes*

 

If Lana Del Rey is as big as people are predicting she's gonna be in 2012, I may aswell jump inside my coffin now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.