Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Author
Dot Rotten at 32, at 44 on iTunes still so he'll probably cling onto the edge of the top 40 by Sunday.

 

 

Everytime I see that name I keep on reading it as Dot Cotton :lol:

  • Replies 120
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#35 for The Fray in the midweeks!!!! :o What a flop!! :o:( And it's such an incredible album, too. Was NOT expecting that, even their last album went to #8!! :o

 

 

I'm surprised MLJ has gone back up 5 places to no.30.

It's not done anything on iTunes that would suggest that.

It's annoying that loads of old songs like Good Feeling, Party Rock Anthem, etc. are climbing, when there's loads of fantastic songs which will struggle to get one week in the top 40 this week. :(

 

I hope Dot Rotten can hold on. And if he doesn't I hope Tyga gets in.

I'm surprised MLJ has gone back up 5 places to no.30.

It's not done anything on iTunes that would suggest that.

 

It does have a third version around from Now That's What I Call Running. (I don't think that's the whole reason though, it could just be climbing by default - it should fall a bit by Sunday I'd hope).

 

Party Rock Anthem is back in the top 40 because of Let's Dance For Sport Relief I believe? I doubt it'll hold on all week. It didn't the last time it was top 40 in the midweek update. (Down to #61 on iTunes).

Edited by Engelbré

Ooft. It must be close between Emeli and Nicki if that's what the OCC are reporting. Really hope she manages to keep going and building momentum for next week and manages to hold off Alexandra and Gotye.
Shitty Minaj no3, oh dear :(

 

How very dare you?

 

Marcus is going to be the lowest of the 3 top 10 new entries on sunday.

Where are his X Factor fans? :o

Everytime I see that name I keep on reading it as Dot Cotton :lol:

 

I might even prefer that. :lol:

I think alot of the old songs are climbing becuase sales last week were there highest of the year for the no9-14 and 25-32 so the old songs have risen due to a drop in sales!
I think alot of the old songs are climbing becuase sales last week were there highest of the year for the no9-14 and 25-32 so the old songs have risen due to a drop in sales!

 

Except that some of those that set highest-sales were old songs *themselves*... :)

I think there is a general lack of new impetus in the charts right now. Many old songs are hanging around from last year because they are popular and continuing to receive airplay until newer hits emerge.
How very dare you?

 

I can't stand Nicki Minaj, sorry (shitty). Sorry if it offends u!

I can't stand Nicki Minaj, sorry (shitty). Sorry if it offends u!

 

I thought offending people over rappers was *my* job? :lol:

I thought offending people over rappers was *my* job? :lol:

 

 

Lol. I've nicknamed her Shitty Minaj, as she hasnt done 1 decent record yet!

I would much rather Emeli stay at number 2 ahead of Nicki Minaj.

 

Agreed, definately. I hope Emeli does stay ahead.

  • Author

Midweek Charts update: Gotye achieves 2012's first half million tally

11:28 | Friday March 9, 2012

Source: MW

By Paul Williams

 

 

Gotye’s Somebody That I Used To Know has this week become the first single in 2012 to surpass half a million UK sales as it heads for a fourth week at number one.

 

The Island release, which features the vocals of Kimbra, has sold around 56,000 copies this week up until the end of trading on Thursday, according to Official Charts Company statistics. This takes its 2012 sales up to 533,000 units, while it sold around 6,600 copies before the year began.

 

For this current week so far it is only 16,000 sales ahead if its nearest rival, Virgin act Emeli Sande’s Next To Me, so should secure a third consecutive week at number one on Sunday and fourth in total.

 

Cash Money/Island’s Nicki Minaj is not far behind Sande in third place as Starships rises two notches in the week to date from where it stood on last Sunday’s chart. The Atlantic-issued Wild Ones by Flo Rida featuring Sia holds at four and Warner Bros-signed girl band Stooshe’s first single Love Me, which features Travie McCoy, is showing up as a new entry at five. There are also Top 10 entries from Island’s Tinchy Stryder (featuring Pixie Lott) and RCA’s X Factor runner-up Marcus Collins with his debut outing Seven Nation Army.

 

Columbia’s Bruce Springsteen seems assured of a ninth UK number one album with Wrecking Ball, which is about 18,000 sales ahead currently of fellow new release In My Dreams, the first album by Decca’s Christmas chart-toppers the Military Wives. Emeli Sande’s Virgin album Our Version Of Events drops 1-3 in the week to date and Adele’s second XL album 21 2-4, while Katie Melua’s new Dramatico set Secret Symphony appears as a new entry at five. Mercury’s Lionel Richie also arrives in the Top 10 with Tuskegee showing up as a new entry presently at seven.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Friday Update Top 40 Only

 

 

Singles

 

1 Gotye/Kimbra (56k)

2 Emeli Sande (40k)

3 Nicki Minaj

4 Flo Rida/Sia

5 StooShe/Travie McCoy

 

Top 10

6 Tinchy Stryder/Pixie Lott

8 Marcus Collins

David Guetta/Nicki Minaj

 

Top 15

15 LMFAO

 

Top 20

Lil' Wayne/Jay-Z

20 Jay-Z/Kanye West

 

Top 30

Olly Murs

Cover Drive

28 Coldplay

30 Maroon 5

 

Top 40

31 Rihanna/Jay-Z

Flo Rida [GF]

Labrinth

Drake/Rihanna

Dot Rotten

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Albums

 

1 Bruce Springsteen (18k ahead)

2 Military Wives

3 Emeli Sande

4 Adele

5 Katie Melua

 

Top 10

Lionel Richie

 

Top 15

Chris Issak

Gilbert O'Sullivan

14 The Civil Wars

 

Top 20

Justin Fletcher

20 Dry The River

 

Top 30

Sinead O'Connor

 

Top 40

Doris Day

The Stranglers

The Fray

Mary Bryne

 

 

NO SALES INFO

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

ARTIST UPDATES

 

 

Singles

Kelly C 6+6

Dappy 10+3

Rihanna/Calvin Harris 20+6

Arctic Monkeys 30+3

Coldplay (CB) 30+7

Cher Lloyd 20+20

 

 

Albums

Lana Del Rey 4+4

Coldplay 5+4

Gotye 5+5

Adele [19] 10+5

Black Keys 20+1

Olly Murs 20+4

Rihanna [TTT], 30+2 [Loud] 30+6

Rebecca Ferguson 30+3

  • Author
There seems some old music going back up, Cover Drive, Maroon 5 :D LMFAO -_-

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.