December 3, 201312 yr Digital sales are proportionally much smaller against physical sales in December - so it makes sense. Think they are down to 25% according to the recent MW edition i read, theyre usually around 38-40% during the year on average!
December 3, 201312 yr This is the week that the Christmas albums really take off, could see more then half the album top ten being Christmas albums by the time we get to the Christmas charts and not sure how often that happens Buble was just outside the top 10 last week so he could be there & Rod will be top 20 as he seems to have stalled though his current album could help it rise as itll be increasing in sales after his performance on SS, Leona should make it and Susan Boyle. Mary J will maybe be top 20 & Kelly Clarkson top 40. Compilatioins will be full of them with NOW selling around 60k id say (45k last week). Then therell be loads more im sure but the current NOW album will be over 200k id say! Edited December 3, 201312 yr by steve201
December 3, 201312 yr I can't find a tweet about her being #14! :unsure: Can you link the source please, Doctor Blind? I found the tweet regarding All About She though: https://twitter.com/siananderson/status/407818566587531264 John Earls @EarlsJohn 1h Britney album flying in the midweeks. #cashierno14please I don't know how to link to tweets - but that is the one.
December 3, 201312 yr @lilyallen: ooooooh, i'm #1 in the midweeks again with #hareandbear #SOWK yay, thanking you so much........but https://twitter.com/lilyallen/status/407847375672074240 Edited December 3, 201312 yr by Krusty111
December 3, 201312 yr Lily no1 then, she might do it with the ad being shown at the weekend. Prob only sell around 55k though. Wonder if she can hold for the next 2 weeks or will sales be so low that an XF performance can take advantage of next week - Leona?
December 3, 201312 yr I don't know how to link to tweets - but that is the one. That doesn't say anything about her midweek position. It's about this person going to the checkout...?
December 3, 201312 yr I don't know how to link to tweets - but that is the one. Thank you. I think he may have deleted said tweet though, for some reason, as it doesn't appear on his Twitter page anymore. That doesn't say anything about her midweek position. It's about this person going to the checkout...? It reads like a subtle hint about it supposedly being No 14 tbh. :P
December 3, 201312 yr Is it that person who tweeted about Britney's album reliable? Well he is a pretty respected music journalist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Earls I think the reason why you couldn't find it Jay was that he has deleted the tweet, someone tweeted after that "@EarlsJohn *writes to lawyers to apply for order to stop you talking about midweeks*" so it looks like he was forced to delete it for some reason? But it definitely was there. Edited December 3, 201312 yr by Doctor Blind
December 3, 201312 yr Well he is a pretty respected music journalist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Earls I think the reason why you couldn't find it Jay was that he has deleted the tweet, someone tweeted after that "@EarlsJohn *writes to lawyers to apply for order to stop you talking about midweeks*" so it looks like he was forced to delete it for some reason? But it definitely was there. Thanks for explaining! That's disappointing, but I can't say that I'm too surprised either. :( The iTunes position had given me temporary false hope that it could get into the Top 10, but I'd originally thought that it could potentially miss the Top 15. Oh well!
December 3, 201312 yr Author JAMES INGHAM @JAMESINREHAB 5m Britney Spears's 8tjh album is currently 14th in the album chart midweeks. If it doesn't rise it will be her lowest placing UK position ever JAMES INGHAM @JAMESINREHAB 5m James Arthur's album has risen to 11 from from 18 in this midweeks off the back of his X Factor performance. JAMES INGHAM @JAMESINREHAB 1m My favourite midweek fact. Mariah Carey's AIWFC is back in the top 40 singles chart. it leads the annual nostalgic Xmas singles race at No24 https://twitter.com/JAMESINREHAB
December 3, 201312 yr Big new album entries this week. 4) IL DIVO, 5) Rebecca Ferguson 14) Britney Spears, 17) Leona Lewis 24) Richard & Adam 46) Kelly Clarkson. Link
December 3, 201312 yr 17) Leona Lewis 46) Kelly Clarkson I don't still get why these were released so late in the UK. Three weeks to sell the album and then it's not relevant until next November.
December 3, 201312 yr Author I reckon the top 3 albums are the same so its 1 OneDirection 2 Gary Barlow 3 Robbie Williams 4 Il Divo 5 Rebecca Ferguson 14 Britney 17 Leona 24 Richard & Adam 46 Kelly Clarkson (that's too low for Kelly)
December 3, 201312 yr I guess top5 is still great for Rebecca but I was hoping better somehow. She has practically no radio support though. I think it's doing very well. :)
December 3, 201312 yr Also just an interesting statistic: JAMES INGHAM @JAMESINREHAB 30m @LeonaUKArmy To help more 32% of Leona's sales are from digital, 21% of Rebecca's & just 5% of IL DIVO's sales are from download the rest CD Link
December 3, 201312 yr She has practically no radio support though. I think it's doing very well. :) Yeah yeah I know, it's all about how it stays strong during the next few weeks anyway.
Create an account or sign in to comment