Jump to content

Featured Replies

tbf it is a version without Demi Lovato, with her the song is out from today.

 

Ah I see, well that is still good for them for getting in the chart with this version. It should be a lot higher next week!

  • Replies 638
  • Views 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiling my chance to go rambling on about a combination of two Snow Patrol songs and a Jeff Buckley album.

Sorry :kink:

'Somebody To You' sounded fairly dull. I somehow don't think the addition of Demi would make it any better either.

 

'One' getting another week in the top 40. Cool.

I'm confused - is there a reason why people are so focused on streaming. from the mids I thought that streaming had very little impact

 

I am glad to see SecondCity falling so fast.

Good to hear the jingle last used on the Countdown 27th September 1987.
So has this Ed song also been cherrypicked from the album?
I'm confused - is there a reason why people are so focused on streaming. from the mids I thought that streaming had very little impact

 

Lower positions will have much more of an impact than higher positions for now.

So has this Ed song also been cherrypicked from the album?

 

Yup....combined with the streaming data from the websites mentioned in the Newsbeat report.

So has this Ed song also been cherrypicked from the album?

Yes and in fact this one was also an instant grat before the album release.

37 :up: 45 20

 

Sam Smith

Money On My Mind

In The Lonely Hour | 2014

 

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music/v4/d3/d8/86/d3d88692-1d87-3501-7121-e4b0bf9b38b6/13UAEIM19781.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run: 1-2-5-10-10-12-14-16-18-22-25-29-36-30-26-29-38-39-45-37

 

Release date: 16-02-2014

Format: digital single

Label: Capitol Records

 

Sales: 400k+

 

Video here:

 

Biography

Although the first solo single from soul-inspired, London-born artist Sam Smith was issued in early 2013, it was his soaring vocal contribution to Disclosure's October 2012 U.K. garage track "Latch" which brought him to most people's attention. For most of his teens, Smith balanced study with music, soaking in the raw and passionate approach to performance exemplified by his favorite artists at that time such as Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, and Chaka Khan. "Latch" hit the upper reaches of the U.K. singles chart when Smith was 21, and many were surprised when his debut solo track took a more tempered path. The production on February 2013's "Lay Me Down" — also courtesy of the ordinarily dancefloor-focused duo Disclosure — recalled the stripped-back material that had proved successful for Adele in the preceding years. Next, Shahid Khan — aka Naughty Boy — decided to follow his Emeli Sandé-fronted U.K. Top Ten hit "Wonder" with the infectious, Bollywood sample-driven "La La La." Featuring Smith's powerful lead vocal, it became an instant May 2013 U.K. number one single following his spring tour in support of Sandé. - iTunes

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2012 11 Latch (Disclosure Feat. Sam Smith)

2013 01 La La La (Naughty Boy Feat. Sam Smith) MILLION SELLER

2014 01 Money On My Mind -2-

2014 46 Lay Me Down -1-

2014 01 Stay With Me -3-

 

Album Discussion Here

I'm guessing streaming has helped this Sam Smith song a lot too!

'Somebody To You' isn't offensive, it's my 2nd favourite of theirs behind 'Can We Dance'. I won't be subjecting myself to the Demi Lovato version though as I assume she'll ruin it.

 

Sam Smith coming back to remind us that he tends to close the door when he goes home *__*

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.