January 12, 20242 yr Queen Sophie releasing vinyl and CD singles of MOTDF :cheeseblock: https://sophieellisbextor.lnk.to/motd_singl...rdsreH7RJCN-HKc
January 12, 20242 yr Quick FYI - I'm about to head out for the night so unless another chart mod gets on it, the sales rips won't be up until late tonight. Apologies!! I can do it! ^_^
January 12, 20242 yr We are so ahead of the Americans in terms of 'Stick Season' - only just climbed into the top 20 there! Ireland was ahead of the UK by about three weeks
January 12, 20242 yr New peaks and new entries outside the top 40: 41. Flo Milli - Never Lose Me (+22) 52. The Lumineers - Ophelia (NEW) 59. Lewis Capaldi - A Cure For Minds Unwell (NEW) 63. Noah Kahan - You're Gonna Go Far (+2) 69. Travis Scott - My Eyes (+2) 71. The Last Dinner Party - Nothing Matters (NEW) 72. D-Block Europe - Skims (NEW) 78. Lost Frequencies & Bastille - Head Down (NEW) 87. Nathan Evans - Heather On The Hill (NEW) Edited January 12, 20242 yr by DanielSwift
January 12, 20242 yr Ireland was ahead of the UK by about three weeks Bit more than that! Today is stick seasons 9th week at #1 there!
January 12, 20242 yr 71. Last Dinner Party - Nothing Matters (NEW) First BJSC entry to subsequently reach the Top 100 since 'B.O.T.A.'?
January 12, 20242 yr I hope that the Last Dinner Party can go top 40 when the album is released oh, and a BRITs performance would help them too
January 12, 20242 yr Sophie back to No.2 *.* I guess it's destined to peak there? So happy to see her having some proper relevance again, it's so deserved. Amazing to see Unwritten back and Perfect climbing. All three reached No.1 in my personal chart when they were released (Unwritten even as an album track before it was chosen as a single) and have always been comfortably inside my top 200 singles of all-time, so they're great choices to have back.
January 12, 20242 yr Cruel Summer is the milestone 30th song to spend at least 20 weeks in the UK Top 10! I make it the 31st, happy to be proved wrong: 1994 All I want for Christmas is you [2007-23] 42 weeks Mariah Carey 1984 Last Christmas / Everything she wants [2007, 15-23] 40 Wham! 2022 As it was 37 Harry Styles 1953 I believe 35 Frankie Laine 1987 Fairytale of New York [2005-23] 32 Pogues 2019 Someone you loved 31 Lewis Capaldi 2022 Calm down 27 Rema 1954 ** Secret love 27 Doris Day 2019 Don't start now 25 Dua Lipa 1954 Happy wanderer 24 Obernkirchen Children's Choir 2016 One dance 23 Drake 1953 Terry's theme from 'Limelight' 23 Frank Chacksfield 2019 Blinding lights 22 Weeknd 2021 Bad habits 22 Ed Sheeran 2017 Shape of you 22 Ed Sheeran 1984 Relax [1993] 22 Frankie goes to Hollywood 2015 What do you mean? 22 Justin Bieber 2022 Peru 22 Ed Sheeran / (Fireboy DML) 1953 Song from Moulin Rouge 22 Mantovani 1952 Because you're mine 22 Mario Lanza 1991 (Everything I do) I do it for you 21 Bryan Adams 1963 She loves you 21 Beatles 2013 Happy 20 Pharrell Williams 1955 Rock around the clock [1968, 74] 20 Bill Haley and his Comets 1975 Bohemian rhapsody [1991-92] 20 Queen 1994 Love is all around 20 Wet Wet Wet 2014 Thinking out loud 20 Ed Sheeran 1954 ** Cara mia 20 David Whitfield and Mantovani 1954 ** Little things mean a lot 20 Kitty Kallen 1953 Oh mein Papa 20 Eddie Calvert 2023 Cruel summer 20 Taylor Swift Edited January 12, 20242 yr by Tuttavilla
January 12, 20242 yr I hope that the Last Dinner Party can go top 40 when the album is released oh, and a BRITs performance would help them too They haven’t had the Rising Star winner perform for a couple of years now, so I don’t think they will.
January 12, 20242 yr Nathan Evans finally getting another charting single after ‘Wellerman’ went to #1 in 2021.
January 14, 20242 yr Love all the fresh hits 2024 is bringing - after two decade plus old songs being reset into the top 40 last week, we have another two this week! :lol: Excellent to see Sophie back to her #2 peak again, I really doubt she'll get to #1 (unfortunate she's run into a very strong incumbent) so this is about as good as she could have got most likely! Also yay for a solid rise for Mason/Princess Superstar and love to see 'Unwritten' returning as well, good to see resets are back to working (mostly) as intended now. Although I did laugh a bit at 'Popular' getting a manual reset only to still stall at #11 again :kink: maybe top 10 next week though ~ I have heard the Drake album that 'Practice' is from but don't remember the song in particular so need to revisit, it's a good album overall though, back when Drake still made those. Clearly wasn't paying too much attention to the mids as I was not expecting Teddy Swims to be so high! Excellent for Zach & Kacey going top 15 after all this week, I keep thinking they've finally peaked and they keep proving me wrong :lol: aw Bring Me The Horizon narrowly missing out on a second top 20 hit, the wait continues again for a new peak for them - I'm pretty surprised R1 are avoiding this one when they usually love BMTH, I know it has some questionable lyrics but nothing they couldn't just blank out surely. Still no post-Oasis top 10 for Liam Gallagher either oops, falling from #1 on First Look to #16 on the final chart must be a record by far (and an even bigger drop than the infamous drop from midweek #1 to #12 that Oasis had with 'I'm Outta Time'!) Not crazy about the Songer freestyle but cool to see the Britney instrumental back in the top 40 in some form I suppose. Also meh at 'FTCU' going top 40 after all, really not particularly keen on that one (I think the throwaway Tory Lanez bar is almost as bad as the one Drake had on 'Circo Loco' but doesn't seem to be getting the same level of backlash), fair play to her having 3 songs from her album having this level of longevity though. No surprise at 'Pink Friday Girls' taking over as the highest charter, was surprised it wasn't already the previous week. Also cool at another new peak for the Noah Kahan album, wondering if it could sneak #1 on a quiet week some time especially if he keeps putting out remixes.
January 16, 20242 yr Top 40 Album New Entries / Re-Entries 01 | NE | 01 | Shed Seven - A Matter of Time NE: 1 Sales: 10k+ Certification: - Charting Songs From This Album: NONE Chart History: 1994 16 Change Giver 1996 08 A Maximum High 1998 09 Let It Ride 1999 07 Going For Gold: The Greatest Hits 2001 37 Truth Be Told 2017 08 Instant Pleasures 2020 31 Another Night, Another Town 2024 01 A Matter of Time 19 | RE | 04 | Busted - Greatest Hits 2.0 NE: 1-14-22 RE: 19 Sales: 40k+ Certification: - Charting Songs From This Album: 01 3am 01 Crashed the Wedding 01 Thunderbirds Are Go 01 Who's David? 01 You Said No 02 Air Hostess 02 Year 3000 03 Sleeping with the Light On 03 What I Go to School For Chart History: 2002 02 Busted ~ Million Seller 2003 02 A Present for Everyone ~ Million Seller 2004 11 Live: A Ticket for Everyone 2016 13 Night Driver 2019 02 Half Way There 2023 01 Greatest Hits 2.0 20 | NE | 01 | SPRINTS - Letter to Self NE: 20 Sales: 4k+ Certification: - Charting Songs From This Album: NONE Chart History: 2024 20 Letter to Self 24 | NE | 01 | Teddy Swims - I've Tried Everything But Therapy (Part 1) NE: 24 Sales: 5k+ Certification: - Charting Songs From This Album: 06 Lose Control Chart History: 2024 24 I've Tried Everything But Therapy (Part 1)
Create an account or sign in to comment