Jump to content

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Jade said:

Just remembered this example from Olivia Rodrigo's 'deja vu':

I'll bet that she knows Billy Joel
'Cause you played her "Uptown Girl"
You're singing it together
Now I bet you even tell her
How you love her
In between the chorus and the verse

(pop culture references in general of course extend to watching reruns of Glee in the same song)

I wonder what possibly could have prompted you to remember that song today of all days... 😁

  • Replies 48
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 2002 by Anne-Marie springs to mind!

  • I've listened to both of these songs hundreds of times and never noticed any of those in the lyrics. Mind blown!!

  • Groove Armada - Song 4 Mutya 'I got Prince singing Hot Thing to me, I know every line'

Fancy a Christmas one?

Kate Bush - December Will Be Magic Again - 'While Bing Crosby sings White Christmas'

Also

Bon Jovi - It's My Life - 'Like Frankie said, 'I did it My Way'

Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream - I had the radio on, I was drivin'. Trees went by, me and Del were singin' 'little Runaway'. I was flyin'

51 minutes ago, awardinary said:

I wonder what possibly could have prompted you to remember that song today of all days... 😁

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realise that you were referring to your Billy Joel covers poll! I thought you meant ‘Deja vu’ and I was thinking surely it’s not Groundhog Day 😭 lol

Sabrina doesn't mention a specific song of his but she does mention

"jack off to lyrics by Leonard Cohen"

Speaking of Leonard Cohen. Boygenius reference listening to him in their song... 'Leonard Cohen'

  • 1 year later...

Madonna girl gone wild references Erotic and In the zone (which I like to think is linking to me against the music -graaasping! 🤣). DI play my favourite song - tenuous music reference.

Gimme all your loving - lucky star “you can be my lucky star”

Spice Girls right back at ya and headlines reference wannabe using the friendship never ends line in both. Tenuous wannabe link in look at me by Geri too “who do you wannabe?”

Edited by Spiceboy

The Pasadenas - 'Tribute (Right On)'

....there's Motor City that gave us the Motown tunes, they laid the foundation Lord

and made Detroit something new, yeah we're talking 'bout Marvin Gaye 'What's Going On', Little Stevie 'For Once In My Life', Smokey 'Tears of a Clown', Supremes 'Baby Love'....

Madonna's Danceteria mentions her own debut Everybody...

"He played my tape, "Everybody",

This is how we start the party."

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.