Jump to content

Featured Replies

I love both so much, Crash Out is easily my least fave but that's still a 7/10.

Pillow Fight gives me v early Tinashe

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

I am so excited for Friday!

I'm really excited to hear the album and see how her vision is brought to life. It's clear this entire era and album is purposefully challenging the genre of "Pop" and what makes a "popstar".

Tracklist is:

01. Sunglasses

02. Too Easy

03. Melatonin

04. Empty Stadium

05. Flashbacks

06. Overdramatic

07. I'd Rather Be Alone

08. Crash Out

09. Pillow Fight

10. Nobody Wants to Dance Anymore

11. Twentyfive Eight

12. The Show Must Go On

13. Popstar

14. Brainrot

15. Cloud 9

16. Heavy Weight

really hyped for this one tbh, thought Too Easy was good but not-great by Tinashe standards then every single afterwards has ranged from great to SOTY-material (👋 Melatonin). hopefully she'll be able to get a charting album for the first time since 2018 off the back of the momentum of No Broke Boys (and to a lesser extent Nasty) from the last few years 🤞

Edited by maggotsforbrains

I'm intrigued by this - I feel since 333 her music has declined significantly

  • Author

We will STILL be prioritising this album from Friday x

I’m so fricking excited!

3 hours ago, Tafty said:

We will STILL be prioritising this album from Friday x

I’m so fricking excited!


There are no other albums on Friday x

Tinashe 4ever 🖤

Can’t wait to hear this tomorrow. Melatonin really reignited my interest, and I now love Too Easy and Crash Out now too, despite not being that bothered with them at first 🥲

Melatonin really is the song of the year, I can’t get enough. I hope there are others in that vein.

We don’t speak about the other release tomorrow x

“Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore” is the song being pushed to playlists!! #1 on NMF Australia/New Zealand so far

1 hour ago, Cremey said:

We don’t speak about the other release tomorrow x

Poor Freemasons with their hugely anticipated Greatest Hits release!!!

  • Author

Here are my (mostly) first listen thoughts:

01. Sunglasses | Such a solid intro. The production is insane!

02. Too Easy | Such an underrated BEAUT! SO GOOD. That transition into 'Melatonin' is smoooth.

03. Melatonin | SONG OF THE YEAR.

04. Empty Stadium | HOLY FVCKING SHIIIIIT. Wowwwww!

05. Flashbacks | Gonna need more time with this one. I liked some of it, but a lot of it didn't quite land for me. Hopefully a grower!

06. Overdramatic (Interlude)

07. I'd Rather Be Alone | My 2nd favourite song from the era. Gorgeous. I love how much this resembles 'The Chase' <3

08. Crash Out | The absolute WHIPLASH of a transition from IRBA into that dirrrty bass. WHEW! I really hope this takes off soon. I can see this ending up in many Songs Of The Year lists.

09. Pillow Fight | Admittedly this got overshadowed by IRBA for me, but I love it. It just gets better!

10. Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore | THIS PRODUCTION IS DIRRRRTY!!! DELICIOUS!

11. Twentyfive Eight | The first one I can't see growing much on me, unfortunately. It's fine, but I just don't know if it's my thing.

12. The Show Must Go On (Interlude)

13. Popstar | LOOOOVE this. Does that subtle dreamy ethereal vibe that Tinashe is a master at so well! The hook is SO catchy. Can definitely see this having the most potential to take off.

14. Brainrot | Gonna get stuck in my head. Immediate and distinctive.

15. Cloud 9 | THIS IS SO GOOD. Her vocals are such an underrated aspect to her work. THAT MID-SONG SWITCH UP! THE QUEEN OF THEM!!!!!

16. Heavy Weight | Just an absolute stunner. Gorgeous!

There are so many interesting ideas in this and it's executed in a way that only Tinashe can.

Just incredible. I'm going straight for round 2 right now.

01. Melatonin

02. I'd Rather Be Alone

03. Crash Out

04. Empty Stadium

05. Cloud 9

06. Popstar

07. Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore

08. Too Easy

09. Heavy Weight

10. Pillow Fight

11. Sunglasses

12. Brainrot

13. Flashbacks

14. Twentyfive Eight

I think... a lot of these feel really low... omg.

Nobody wanna dance anymore has excited me for the album more then the other singles did. Its so good.

  • Author

Ooh ‘Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore’ seems to be the “focus track”! It’s the one they’re pushing on New Music Friday. It’s track 6 on there (will be 7 when Taylor drops).

I thought they’d push ‘Popstar’ tbh!

Edit: ‘Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore’ samples Lady Gaga ‘Chillin’’!

I’m having a whole body reaction to Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore. WOW. Goosebumps.

I wasn’t expecting the Nine Inch Nails style production, obsessed cheeseblock

This is all so much more Nightride coded than I thought it would be, which I’m very glad about. I love it when she leans into the darker more experimental production.

Love Sunglasses as an intro, I’d love a whole Arca produced Tinashe project 😮‍💨 and it’s so good hearing Popstar in full after having the hook lodged in my brain for months 🥹

This might be album of the year for me already. I’m floored by the quality and consistency.

Arca is one of the producers on Sunglasses, holy shit, I also need their full collab pronto!!!

Peaking at 9th album. Ur favs could neva x

9 minutes ago, pavi said:

This might be album of the year for me already. I’m floored by the quality and consistency.

Arca is one of the producers on Sunglasses, holy shit, I also need their full collab pronto!!!

Peaking at 9th album. Ur favs could neva x

My friend just said it’s boring

image.png

17 minutes ago, blacksquare said:

My friend just said it’s boring

image.png

Hope the place where you got that friend still offers refunds x

Sunglasses, the production is disgusting 🖤

This is why you stan the experimental girlies, even when they taste mainstream success, nothing is going to stop them from doing what they want

bratcheeseblock

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1