Jump to content

Featured Replies

am I going crazy or does Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore's instrumental sound like Filthy by Justin Timberlake if it was actually good?

Edited by maggotsforbrains

  • Replies 86
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I’m lucky to be living near the biggest vinyl store in this city so I picked up a copy already. cheeseblock

  • Author

The "Late Night on a Weekday Blue vinyl" is gorgeous. The alternative artwork is so good!

My order for the Signed transparent & Signed CD (ordered together when they went live!) seems to be non-existent despite my payment being taken for it!? (No e-mail confirmation. Shop don't even have it listed in my accounts...) so I've enquired about it. Never had that happen to me before!

Back to the album... been listening non-stop and it's just incredible. I won't be doing another ranking because everything seems too low lmao!

2 minutes ago, Tafty said:

The "Late Night on a Weekday Blue vinyl" is gorgeous. The alternative artwork is so good!

My order for the Signed transparent & Signed CD (ordered together when they went live!) seems to be non-existent despite my payment being taken for it!? (No e-mail confirmation. Shop don't even have it listed in my accounts...) so I've enquired about it. Never had that happen to me before!

Back to the album... been listening non-stop and it's just incredible. I won't be doing another ranking because everything seems too low lmao!

her webstore still lists CDs from there as shipping on release day (today), however all other retailers state the CD release has been delayed to October 30th so they might've quietly delayed those shipments too?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

her webstore still lists CDs from there as shipping on release day (today), however all other retailers state the CD release has been delayed to October 30th so they might've quietly delayed those shipments too?

I should still have the confirmation e-mail and it should still appear on my Shop App account, I think?

This album is incredible. Easily in my top 3 of the year so far

On 25/09/2026 at 00:57, Tafty said:

Here are my (mostly) first listen thoughts:

01. Sunglasses | Such a solid intro. The production is insane!

02. Too Easy | Such an underrated BEAUT! SO GOOD. That transition into 'Melatonin' is smoooth.

03. Melatonin | SONG OF THE YEAR.

04. Empty Stadium | HOLY FVCKING SHIIIIIT. Wowwwww!

05. Flashbacks | Gonna need more time with this one. I liked some of it, but a lot of it didn't quite land for me. Hopefully a grower!

06. Overdramatic (Interlude)

07. I'd Rather Be Alone | My 2nd favourite song from the era. Gorgeous. I love how much this resembles 'The Chase' <3

08. Crash Out | The absolute WHIPLASH of a transition from IRBA into that dirrrty bass. WHEW! I really hope this takes off soon. I can see this ending up in many Songs Of The Year lists.

09. Pillow Fight | Admittedly this got overshadowed by IRBA for me, but I love it. It just gets better!

10. Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore | THIS PRODUCTION IS DIRRRRTY!!! DELICIOUS!

11. Twentyfive Eight | The first one I can't see growing much on me, unfortunately. It's fine, but I just don't know if it's my thing.

12. The Show Must Go On (Interlude)

13. Popstar | LOOOOVE this. Does that subtle dreamy ethereal vibe that Tinashe is a master at so well! The hook is SO catchy. Can definitely see this having the most potential to take off.

14. Brainrot | Gonna get stuck in my head. Immediate and distinctive.

15. Cloud 9 | THIS IS SO GOOD. Her vocals are such an underrated aspect to her work. THAT MID-SONG SWITCH UP! THE QUEEN OF THEM!!!!!

16. Heavy Weight | Just an absolute stunner. Gorgeous!

There are so many interesting ideas in this and it's executed in a way that only Tinashe can.

Just incredible. I'm going straight for round 2 right now.

01. Melatonin

02. I'd Rather Be Alone

03. Crash Out

04. Empty Stadium

05. Cloud 9

06. Popstar

07. Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore

08. Too Easy

09. Heavy Weight

10. Pillow Fight

11. Sunglasses

12. Brainrot

13. Flashbacks

14. Twentyfive Eight

I think... a lot of these feel really low... omg.

Our rankings are pretty similar!!

Mine was

1) Melatonin

2) I’d Rather Be Alone

3) Crash Out

4) Popstar

5) Brainrot

6) Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore

7) Cloud 9

8) Too Easy

9) Pillow Fight

10) Heavy Weight

11) Empty Stadium

12) Twentyfive Eight

13) Sunglasses

14) Flashbacks

15) Overdramatic

16) The Show Must Go On

My rankings would currently look like this.

goddess tier

01 Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore

02 Melatonin

03 Crash Out

ig baddie tier

04 Cloud 9

05 Brainrot

06 Sunglasses

07 I'd Rather Be Alone

08 Popstar

09 Too Easy

10 Pillow Fight

taylor swift could never (8/10)

11 Flashbacks

12 Heavy Weight

13 Empty Stadium

14 Twentyfive Eight

Edited by pavi

Absolutely incredible, she really is one of a kind

Melatonin, Popstar, Brainrot and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore 💞💞

2 minutes ago, pavi said:

My rankings would currently look like this.

goddess tier

01 Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore

02 Melatonin

03 Crash Out

ig baddie tier

04 Cloud 9

05 Brainrot

06 Sunglasses

07 I'd Rather Be Alone

08 Popstar

09 Too Easy

10 Pillow Fight

taylor swift could never (8/10)

11 Flashbacks

12 Heavy Weight

13 Empty Stadium

14 Twentyfive Eight

Not the Ed Sheeran ode near the bottom of your rankings

image.png

  • Author

It really blows my mind how she always evolves her sound but is still true to herself and her identity as an artist is never compromised.

Ugh. I love her so much.

Also ‘Cloud 9’ may just be my fave now (behind ‘Melatonin’)

Never been particularly fussed by a Tinashe album but I've listened to this a few times today and think it's a huge step up from what I've heard before from her, really liking it

  • Author

That's an impressive jump!

Her pulling her best numbers as an independent artist lmao! QUEEN SHIIIIT.

  • Author

On track to score her highest opening week sales in the US (about 20k). With potential to get as high as 40k!

Her getting her highest opening week sales with her 8th album and as an independent artist? We have to stan.

  • Author

A new version of ‘Popstar’ featuring 4 “flip” versions has been released on iTunes.

The four new versions:

  • Twentyfive Eight (Flip) [produced by PinkPantheress & Count Baldor]

  • Brainrot (Nick Leon Flip)

  • Popstar (Umru Flip)

  • Too Easy (Extended Version)

11 hours ago, Tafty said:

On track to score her highest opening week sales in the US (about 20k). With potential to get as high as 40k!

Her getting her highest opening week sales with her 8th album and as an independent artist? We have to stan.

genuinely shocked (positive) that her sales are that high - even if they only hold at 20k units that'd still be her biggest career sales week, surpassing the 18,821 sales Aquarius debuted with in 2014!

looks they had all the CDs as well as Vinyls ready to ship week one over there (but not over here though - grrr...)

1 hour ago, Tafty said:

A new version of ‘Popstar’ featuring 4 “flip” versions has been released on iTunes.

The four new versions:

  • Twentyfive Eight (Flip) [produced by PinkPantheress & Count Baldor]

  • Brainrot (Nick Leon Flip)

  • Popstar (Umru Flip)

  • Too Easy (Extended Version)

So annoying when they do this and make it all album only so you have to spend £10 if you want them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1