October 1Oct 1 On 30/09/2026 at 08:34, HausofEstrus said:The album is great! I've given it a couple of listens.I just cannot stand Too Easy, it is so beneath her and so faceless while the rest of the album has character. I particularly love the softer more subtle moments on the album which she always does so well. Skip Too Easy and we have a brilliant collection.Maybe it’s not the strongest song on its own but I think it works in the context of the album so well. The album’s theme is basically centered around fame so it makes total sense to include a fun faceless bop that neither wants to nor has the runtime to go beyond the surface confidence/cockiness.Too Easy was the first single this era too drawing the unsuspecting public in before Melatonin that has torn the space-time continuum. ✨
October 1Oct 1 4 hours ago, pavi said:Maybe it’s not the strongest song on its own but I think it works in the context of the album so well. The album’s theme is basically centered around fame so it makes total sense to include a fun faceless bop that neither wants to nor has the runtime to go beyond the surface confidence/cockiness.Too Easy was the first single this era too drawing the unsuspecting public in before Melatonin that has torn the space-time continuum. ✨Nothing to say about the 4 digital versions of the same album seeing as you were saying Taylor had multi formats? lol
October 1Oct 1 14 minutes ago, Mr. C. Joel said:Nothing to say about the 4 digital versions of the same album seeing as you were saying Taylor had multi formats? lolDownload Popstar on iTunes!!
October 1Oct 1 11 minutes ago, pavi said:Download Popstar on iTunes!!I like the album and Tinashe but I always find it hilarious when people are total hypocrites just because they dislike artists.
October 1Oct 1 24 minutes ago, Mr. C. Joel said:I like the album and Tinashe but I always find it hilarious when people are total hypocrites just because they dislike artists.Ed??
October 1Oct 1 33 minutes ago, Mr. C. Joel said:I like the album and Tinashe but I always find it hilarious when people are total hypocrites just because they dislike artists.I think people can sometimes play favourites here for sure but there's also a definite difference in how it comes across when it's Taylor doing it versus Tinashe, given Tinashe's largely been (undeservedly) underground in her success outside of her occasional mainstream crossover moments (Nasty, No Broke Boys + 2 On) so her team pushing discounts + variants to gun for a top ten Billboard 200 debut feels a lot less cynical than when Taylor does it given she already achieves massive numbers almost by default so it comes across a lot less positively (especially when she pushes them during other artists' debut weeks - TTPD deluxes for the HMHAS and BRAT debut weeks, anyone? to be clear, I do NOT approve of any conspiratorial thinking around these when they almost certainly aren't because Taylor has any vendetta against these artists specifically but rather just because she wants to get as many weeks on top as she can)
October 1Oct 1 I don't particularly like any artist fleecing fans with multiple editions of the same album, but there is a big difference in scale. A few digital editions from a smaller artist in release week is not the same as a billionaire drip-feeding more than 30 variants of one album x
October 1Oct 1 Author Not variant talk… AGAIN! 💤I really don’t think it matters how many variants an artist releases.It is funny how Taylor is the only one who receives backlash for it, though when others have way more than her! Pretty sure BRAT and HMHAS have had more variants than TLOAS and TTPD?At the end of the day, I am team variant. It really doesn’t bother me how many variants they release. I’ll decide for myself if I buy one or 12. I also believe that only a small number of people actually buy every variant that they can.So…ALL OF YOU SHUT UP AND BUY POPSTAR!!!!!!!! 😃😃😃
Friday at 13:425 days 1 hour ago, Henessy Lake said:Debuts at 10 in Australia.for reference, her previous highest Australian albums chart position was #57 in 2014 - she hadn't charted an album there since 2018! Edited Friday at 14:145 days by maggotsforbrains
Friday at 14:155 days Author Apparently Melatonin recorded it’s biggest day in streams yesterday! Would love for that to truly become her ‘Midnight Sun’ and end up smashing!Edit: The entire album is holding incredibly well!
Friday at 15:465 days Challenging for a Top 10 debut in the US with a 33k units first week projected according to Nora Music.
Friday at 16:515 days debuts at #35 on the UK albums chart!#14 on sales#4 on downloads#16 on physicals#14 on vinyls
Friday at 17:045 days Author 11 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:debuts at #35 on the UK albums chart!#14 on sales#4 on downloads#16 on physicals#14 on vinylsTOP 40?!????OMFG!!!!Wasn’t expecting her to make it there. OMFG! I was just content with somewhere in the top 75!
Friday at 17:065 days 1 minute ago, Tafty said:TOP 40?!????OMFG!!!!Wasn’t expecting her to make it there. OMFG! I was just content with somewhere in the top 75!imagine how she might've done if her team hadn't been stupid and delayed the wider CD release here... Edited Friday at 17:065 days by maggotsforbrains
Friday at 19:325 days I think it's one of those albums that will become a bit of a moment while not charting high It will be critically acclaimed and go onto being a bit of a pop fan favourite.
Friday at 22:055 days Author Also 'Melatonin' saw it's biggest day ever (AGAIN!) yesterday!IT'S COMING!!!
Create an account or sign in to comment