Posted September 7Sep 7 Confirmed to be in production moving to Netflix. Original cast and writers returning. Hopefully this can make up for the naff reunion special that happened.
September 7Sep 7 Shame it’s Netflix releasing it which means it’s less likely to get a theatrical release, unless they do what they did with the Peaky Blinders movie
September 7Sep 7 I hope this means they'll be adding the series to Netflix?'Netflix w*n**rs' felt a bit cringey to me I can't lie. I don't want this to just be full of fan service and throwbacks.
September 7Sep 7 29 minutes ago, ElectroBoy said:Here for a return... although my expectations are low 🤣Basically this - I fully expect this to be awful but I'm excited for it nonetheless. (I just recently finished binging through the TV series for probably about the 10th time so I feel like I summoned this into existence, not that it hasn't been more or less known that it was coming for a while already but yay for finally an actual confirmation x)
September 7Sep 7 Be intrigued in this but not sure how it'll work like the who premise of the inbetweeners was they were in between teenage and adult hood
September 7Sep 7 1 hour ago, Bror said:Basically this - I fully expect this to be awful but I'm excited for it nonetheless. (I just recently finished binging through the TV series for probably about the 10th time so I feel like I summoned this into existence, not that it hasn't been more or less known that it was coming for a while already but yay for finally an actual confirmation x)Yeah I'm due a rewatch of the previous series' at some point! Although when they first came out I watched a fair few episodes so many times - the bunking off school ep/ the field trip are my most watched. to be honest the first film was good, the second wasn't. Will be interesting to see where they are now though. I could see it working if they are brought together for a wedding, or a stag. I guess like Inbetweeners meets the Hangover.But we'll see 🤣 Edited September 7Sep 7 by ElectroBoy
September 7Sep 7 The second film gets too much hate imo, it is definitely not as good as the series and the first film but I still enjoyed it for what it was!(I never watched the 'Fwends Reunited' thing though and don't ever intend to x)
September 7Sep 7 Yeah the second film isn't awful, but it is a noticeable step down - enjoyable enough though!And same, I haven't watched 'Fwends Reunited' either Edited September 7Sep 7 by ElectroBoy
September 7Sep 7 I think the second film was comfortably better than the first!The first one feels so generic. I watched them both again recently and the first feels like it's 70% montage of Malia nightlife!This particular joke gets me every time in the second film:
September 8Sep 8 I don't even know how or where to watch the second film. The whole series and first film is always available on Channel 4 Stream. I remember the ending being awful as it basically didn't really conclude anything.Anyway I think this movie will absolutely tank unfortunately. I feel they'd be better off doing a fourth series as the concept and nature of the show works much better in mine-episodes than full movies imo.
September 8Sep 8 I have no recollection of a second film... Letterboxd tells me I watched it and rated it 4.5. Okay...Will probably see this!
September 8Sep 8 The creators bought the rights back, so they must have some good ideas.Who cares what the plot is as long as it's funny - the plot of the first film is hardly groundbreaking but features a few few culturally iconic moments. Think the second film is good, but nowhere near as good as the first film but the splash planet sequence is exceptional.The fact they've got all the main players back is something (tho money talks I guess). My guess is they use the film as some sort of backdoor pilot for a spin-off show around some of the new characters they inevitably introduce.
Create an account or sign in to comment