Posted September 9Sep 9 BBC NewsDrag Race UK: BBC drops Ru Paul show after eight seriesFuture series will no longer be broadcast on BBC Three as the show moves to a streaming platform owned by its production company.
September 10Sep 10 Genuinely devastated. Feels like a genuine end of an era even if it will be on WOW+ again eventually, I’m hoping by some miracle another broadcaster picks it up. However I’m definitely very excited for UK all stars, it’s just extremely bittersweet
September 10Sep 10 I feel like All Stars likely replacing Season 9 in 2027 is a deliberate stall to give broadcasters a chance to jump in if they wanted it. If they have the budget, I could feasibly see Channel 4 wanting it.
September 10Sep 10 36 minutes ago, RobBot said:I feel like All Stars likely replacing Season 9 in 2027 is a deliberate stall to give broadcasters a chance to jump in if they wanted it. If they have the budget, I could feasibly see Channel 4 wanting it.Channel 4 are currently going through their own crisis, so I can't see it happening, sadly
September 10Sep 10 I suspect - and this could be a key reason for it leaving the BBC in the first place - it won't go to another broadcaster as they want to push WOW Presents Plus subscriptions in the UK.
September 10Sep 10 I find it hard to believe that there won't be any more regular seasons but as others have said think it's likely next year will just be All stars with season 9 in 2028. I wouldn't be mad if they switched each year going forward.
September 11Sep 11 Poor things couldn't figure out the toilet situation on set, so they cancelled the whole thing.
September 13Sep 13 She admires Ru Paul my arse, she is a hateful piece of shit!So sad about the show on BBC, it's legit one of their best shows!
September 13Sep 13 I’m pretty sure Bimini knows more about things than this lady. She knows she’s just doing it for a reaction, that’s what most journalism is nowadays x