Jump to content

Featured Replies

13 minutes ago, Matt63 said:

I think part of the problem is that there is only the one version of Danceteria Afterhours on iTunes, no remix, no extended version, no video, just the “single”.

I could be wrong with the following, but I don't think there should be an issue when there's only a single version of the track available to purchase on iTunes. Actually, when there's a mass buying of a single version of a track, people will focus on that song, so it will skyrocket on iTunes.

I mean, the only problem will be that there are less opportunities to count multiple versions as you mentioned, but this may sorted out because people will see that the main song is in a good spot, so this will be covered up.

  • Replies 449
  • Views 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

8 hours ago, No Sleeep said:

I don’t know if it’s that the hardcore fanbase isn’t there anymore or they’re just not savvy enough to know how much downloads can help. All I see on Twitter is people making fun of Madonna fans for not understanding streaming, I WISH that was the case! The younger fans can have all the streaming parties they like and they’d be lucky to contribute 2 sales

I contributed 4 last night (Afterhours and Harry Romero remix on iTunes and Amazon), at 59/69p each why not!

Just got my dispatched email the album cds have definitely been released this week

They are also still available to purchase on the website 😮

Actually already recieved it that was fast

Edited by 777666jason

3 hours ago, Matt63 said:

I think part of the problem is that there is only the one version of Danceteria Afterhours on iTunes, no remix, no extended version, no video, just the “single”.

Even more reason it should be #1 with fanbase support - low sales and all concentrated on one version rather than multiple.

2 hours ago, ___∆___ said:

Even more reason it should be #1 with fanbase support - low sales and all concentrated on one version rather than multiple.

The problem with iTunes is that you can only purchase a song once. If you try to purchase a second time, iTunes tells you that you have already purchased it previously.

When there are multiple new versions of a track released, a true fan would purchase each and every version, thus contributing several sales to that week's total.

49 minutes ago, Matt63 said:

The problem with iTunes is that you can only purchase a song once. If you try to purchase a second time, iTunes tells you that you have already purchased it previously.

When there are multiple new versions of a track released, a true fan would purchase each and every version, thus contributing several sales to that week's total.

A fan that can't afford to buy multiple versions of the same song (or even any, if they're subscribed to a streaming service) is no less of a fan than one who buys every version going! (Though I hope you just misused the word 'true' there, and you don't actually mean the measure of being a true fan is buying every version going 🤣)

6 hours ago, Matt63 said:

I think part of the problem is that there is only the one version of Danceteria Afterhours on iTunes, no remix, no extended version, no video, just the “single”.

There’s 10 versions of the song in total on iTunes, it doesn’t have to be the Afterhours remix

1 hour ago, Matt63 said:

The problem with iTunes is that you can only purchase a song once. If you try to purchase a second time, iTunes tells you that you have already purchased it previously.

When there are multiple new versions of a track released, a true fan would purchase each and every version, thus contributing several sales to that week's total.

There are multiple versions - the one with Charli is currently 59p and at #21, with both fanbases behind it and the low sales on iTunes it should at least be Top 5/10 all week if there was a fan campaign behind it.

1 hour ago, Juranamo said:

A fan that can't afford to buy multiple versions of the same song (or even any, if they're subscribed to a streaming service) is no less of a fan than one who buys every version going! (Though I hope you just misused the word 'true' there, and you don't actually mean the measure of being a true fan is buying every version going 🤣)

Absolutely all of this literally only bought my first copy of TLOAS thos week because I want a signed print 🤣 otherwise I have only contributed to its sales by streaming a billion (slight exaggeration) times 😅

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.