Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 179
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Today I’m celebrating my one year Buzzjack anniversary! 😄

  • BJSC thread every other day: BJSC thread when submissions are closed:

  • for those wishing for the return of POPHub this month, i’m sorry but she’s currently up to her neck in meetings her understudy, ALTHub, will continue to fill in while she is otherwise occupied

Posted Images

So we’re looking at 30 songs per semi? Fantastic news for my hopes of qualifying. tearsmile

Great turnout though. kink

On 03/10/2026 at 17:42, matto said:

You know that one alternative or simply weird af tune you discovered, fell in love with and wished you could share it in a contest? BJSC didn't feel like the right place, nor Nuggets, Club Bizarre, or any of the others! 😯

Well, your chance to showcase this piece of music has now arrived - why not go confirm in Unknown Pleasures in the Indie/Alternative forum! 😃

I have just the song!! 🪄

  • Author

Did someone say Veet?

IMG_5898.jpeg

METTE - COMING OF AGE 22

- artist came 6th in BJSC 153 & 1st in BJSC 165 3+12

- peaked at #74 on the Multichart 7; appeared in 5 personal charts (danG, DaTilt, Juranamo, RobBot, uhsting)

- has a thread in the Pop forum with 13 replies

- was in the Pop Track of the Week poll, coming 1st with 10 votes

- low level blog coverage

Dove Cameron - When In Rome 25

- artist came 9th in BJSC 186 (as a member of The Girl And The Dreamcatcher) & 8th in BJSC 134 3+10

- artist had 5 US Hot 100 hits in 2015-2022 12; also had 2 UK chart hits in 2022-2025, 1 of which made the top 40 & top 10 (highest position #9 for 'Boyfriend')

- appeared in 8 personal charts, 3 of which are current BJSC participants (DaTilt, Juranamo, RobBot)

- was in the Pop Track of the Week poll, coming 1st with 5 votes

- mid level blog coverage

15 minutes ago, blacksquare said:

Dove Cameron - When In Rome 25

- artist came 9th in BJSC 186 (as a member of The Girl And The Dreamcatcher)

Checked the songs list. Looks like it was actually 10 years earlier, back in BJSC 86.

Sorry for the delay to the start of the contest, guys, absolutely not Nelly’s fault in any way.

Quite honestly - if I didn’t have a streak/wasn’t a moderator, I’d probably follow Dandy’s lead in taking a break from this month. I’ve had a gig, a wedding, over time and now a holiday for my anniversary at the end of the week.

The song I’ve ended up sending is over a year old but I’d rather send something that I’ve loved for a duration of time and think is a genuinely gorgeous song than just the flavour of the moment that I’m not super passionate about for a hit/to keep my Q streak alive.

21 minutes ago, RobBot said:

Sorry for the delay to the start of the contest, guys, absolutely not Nelly’s fault in any way.

Quite honestly - if I didn’t have a streak/wasn’t a moderator, I’d probably follow Dandy’s lead in taking a break from this month. I’ve had a gig, a wedding, over time and now a holiday for my anniversary at the end of the week.

The song I’ve ended up sending is over a year old but I’d rather send something that I’ve loved for a duration of time and think is a genuinely gorgeous song than just the flavour of the moment that I’m not super passionate about for a hit/to keep my Q streak alive.

Second paragraph: "Rob needs a break, let's all agree to not vote for it, and get our first nil pointer in the process cheer"

Last paragraph: "Rob's passionate about the song, let's not do that... The song deserves support from its fans!"

Though I get that: it's insane how having alot going on can make this contest a struggle!

(P.s. glad you've entered, even though there's almost zero chance of you sending votes my way this month 🤣)

Omg not the mod on mod violence, with Rob preventing Bra’s AQ ö

  • Author

Thread should hopefully be up today at some point

😮

The randomiser has either been very fair or very cruel this month, you’ll have to decide

51 minutes ago, blacksquare said:

Thread should hopefully be up today at some point

😮

The randomiser has either been very fair or very cruel this month, you’ll have to decide

All the longest songs in one semi? kink

OT but I just found out that Earth is Turning (as well as half of horsegiirl’s recent album) was additionally-produced by Ö/Nömak of the Elëdan 181 fame x

  • Author

One more little dose of Veet for everyone x

2NE1 - I LOVE YOU

- entered four times previously, in LVI (31st), XVIII (DNQ), XXXVI (DNQ) and XLVII (13th). 3+7

- vetoed previously in XLVII.

- the song is practically unsearchable on this site but spent 9 weeks on Multichart in 2012, peaking at #40. 7

- 15.9m streams

- peaked at #1 in South Korea, #5 in Japan. 3

I've avoided publicly commenting on whether I'd AQ or not to try and avoid jinxing it but it didn't work - a bit of a rollercoaster as we had 60 confirming nations within the deadline... but one withdrew... but then there was a late entry... but then another person withdrew. So we've ended up with 59 entries. Sadge xx

(I think my entry shouldn't be at too much risk of DNQing this time unless me leaning too hard on pop voters severely backfires but I am a little gutted to not get to vote in both semis aw)

22 hours ago, blacksquare said:

One more little dose of Veet for everyone x

2NE1 - I LOVE YOU

- entered four times previously, in LVI (31st), XVIII (DNQ), XXXVI (DNQ) and XLVII (13th). 3+7

- vetoed previously in XLVII.

- the song is practically unsearchable on this site but spent 9 weeks on Multichart in 2012, peaking at #40. 7

- 15.9m streams

- peaked at #1 in South Korea, #5 in Japan. 3

is this a joke or did someone genuinely try this

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.