Jump to content

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, gooddelta said:

Swedish pop trivia is the only thing I know more about than the act I sent… or is it?

Makes note in my suspicions book 🥸

  • Replies 94
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • No, no, he's right, if he says it's Bobby Darin and that's a good enough reason to put it second, then I support that notion - Bobby Darin it is. nods

  • HRVY - hesitate Sam Fender - Get You Down Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One Darin - Fantasi Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin Roose

  • He was runner up in Swedish Idol in 2004! Funny story - they actually did a Big Band week and he sang When I Fall In Love. In the end he finished two places higher than Loreen (!). Agnes won the sh

Posted Images

1 (fave) Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

2 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

3 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

4 Roosevelt - Montreal

5 HRVY - hesitate

6 Sam Fender - Get You Down

7 Darin - Fantasi

8 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

9 Damien Rice - Cannonball

FAVE

09 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

08 Damien Rice - Cannonball

07 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

06 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

05 Sam Fender - Get You Down

04 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

03 Darin - Fantasi

02 HRVY - hesitate

01 Roosevelt - Montreal

LEAST FAVE

1 Gary Numan

2 Sam Fender

3 Damien Rice

4 Roosevelt

5 HRVY

6 Calvin Harris

7 Darin

8 Tom Grennan

9 Sam Smith (sans Calvin Harris)

jump

Still too easy for Gary even with a song I hadn't heard before, that's probably my best discovery of this season so far <3 wondering if he's just gonna be #1 by default for me every round while he's still in. Again as I said already it's another one of Sam Fender's best songs, so same top 2 for me as the last round. 'Cannonball' is really the only Damien song I was particularly familiar with before this and it's very good - feel like I don't hear it that much these days so it was nice to revisit. Roosevelt bringing the vibes again. This HRVY song is actually fairly decent, huzzah! (Of course it's one that Mango doesn't like as much lol). Don't care much for any of the bottom 4 - I actually had no memory of what I thought about 'Desire' when it came out (totally forgot it even existed frankly), just did a forum search and it turns out I hated it at the time lmao, I guess in that sense it has grown on me as I didn't think it sounded that bad now but not particularly good either. Still better than 'Dollar Signs' though. The trick of sending a Swedish language song didn't work for me a second time for Darin, found this one pretty bland. The Grennan song is an improvement on his last pick but still not doing much for me - he does have a couple of songs I really like but none of them have shown up yet. Seemingly an unpopular opinion but I never liked 'I'm Not The Only One', I can barely tell any difference between it and 'Stay With Me' which I had got beyond bored of within a few weeks of it coming out so the follow-up single being almost the exact same song to my ears was DOA.

01 Sam Smith

02 Calvin Harris

03 Darin

04 Tom Grennan

05 HRVY

06 Sam Fender

07 Roosevelt

08 Damien Rice

09 Gary Newman

  1. Damien Rice - Cannonball

  2. Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

  3. Darin - Fantasi

  4. Roosevelt - Montreal

  5. Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

  6. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

  7. HRVY - hesitate

  8. Sam Fender - Get You Down

  9. Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

Cannonball a beaut, a very instant and great discovery from Gary Numan, and I love what Darin's doing, he's got quite a range of fun songs which is something I hadn't really known about him before.

01. Sam Fender - Get You Down [Favourite]

02. Damien Rice - Cannonball

03. Darin - Fantasi

04. Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

05. Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

06. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

07. HRVY - hesitate

08. Roosevelt - Montreal

09. Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

Great choices from both Sam Fender and Damien's mentors. Sam's in particular, what a SONG! Darin's mentor is doing an EXCELLENT job, imo! 'Fantasi' is SO fun! The Sam Smith song is nice and has always been in their top 3 for me, but they don't half warble on. The old man of the group BRINGING it wasn't on my cards though. Definitely my favourite of his so far! Generic/typical Calvin - it's alright. Just not my tastes. HRVY's song was decent. Roosevelt was alright too, but see my comment re Jessie Ware in the female's round. Tom's song was fine... just didn't make an impression on me.

44 minutes ago, Scene said:

Justice for Tom. 😭

aye hopefully long-grain is out next as justice

Edited by ElectroBoy

2 minutes ago, ElectroBoy said:

aye hopefully long-grain is out next as justice

rice-cute.gif

01 HRVY - hesitate

02 Darin - Fantasi

03 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

04 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

05 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

06 Damien Rice - Cannonball

07 Sam Fender - Get You Down

08 Roosevelt - Montreal

09 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

Just now, JosephStyles said:

01 HRVY - hesitate

02 Darin - Fantasi

03 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

04 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

05 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

06 Damien Rice - Cannonball

07 Sam Fender - Get You Down

08 Roosevelt - Montreal

09 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

You do know it's based on the song, not who you fancy right @JosephStyles 🧐🤭

Just now, Spiceboy said:

You do know it's based on the song, not who you fancy right @JosephStyles 🧐🤭

I'd be putting Tom Grennan #1 if that were the case! 👀 sarah

Just now, JosephStyles said:

I'd be putting Tom Grennan #1 if that were the case! 👀 sarah

okay-sounds-good.gif

Finally something we agree on. 🤭

3 hours ago, JosephStyles said:

I'd be putting Tom Grennan #1 if that were the case! 👀 sarah

Don’t lie, Gary would be all over that top spot. gaga

1 Damien Rice - Cannonball: a little overexposed these days but it is a classic for a reason

2 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin: this is a wonderfully bleak and powerful discovery

3 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One: I do think this is well written and performed

4 Sam Fender - Get You Down: a good track with raw energy and decent storytelling

5 Roosevelt - Montreal: it’s a lovely sound world but I wanted more from this

6 Darin - Fantasi: this does have personality, but it’s veering towards cheesy

7 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire: this was never particularly good and the synthetic flute type noise really dares it

8 HRVY - hesitate: it manages to avoid the naff factor of some of his others but is unremarkable

9 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry: seems like an inferior “Youngblood” by 5SOS

01; Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

02; Damien Rice – Cannonball

03; Sam Fender - Get You Down

04; Roosevelt – Montreal

05; Darin - Fantasi

06; Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Desire

07; Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

08; HRVY – hesitate

09; Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

Ooft, that's a fantastic new one from Gary that I never knew about, he's had fantastic representation so far, I actually have been preferring Damien's other picks to Cannonball which has never been a big favourite, but it's still enough for second and hopefully he can give us one more of them! The Sam S song is better than Stay With Me, but that ballad phase of theirs was always such a slog.

 

  • Author

if HRVY goes this week I'ma need Sam Fender to join the female category since this one will be in the pits

laughing-duck.gif

2 minutes ago, Calum said:

if HRVY goes this week I'ma need Sam Fender to join the female category since this one will be in the pits

laughing-duck.gif

What if Sam Fender gets his pits out?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.