February 23, 201412 yr Love this! I can see 'Real' getting another push at some point, it's still a really popular track.
February 23, 201412 yr Hurrah for Gorgon City after the two horrifically dire tracks before it. :cheer:
February 23, 201412 yr Some strange top 20 hits recently, I guess film soundtracks are back in vogue. Tegan & Sara finally go mainstream!
February 23, 201412 yr Shouldn't "I Just Had Sex" be included in the Lonely Island discography? Yup. Will add it in. Who knows why it was omitted ~
February 23, 201412 yr NOOOOO! I rather dislike this. :puke: I think I'm in the minority judging by these Comments though.
February 23, 201412 yr 'Closer' by Tegan And Sara is absolutely awful by the way. Just need to counter the love for it in this thread.
February 23, 201412 yr 15 12 07 Vance Joy Riptide God Loves You When You're Dancing (EP) | 2013 http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music6/v4/e1/27/33/e1273317-3b70-d260-2e98-da57f623ab91/cover.170x170-75.jpg Chart Run: 35-18-10-14-13-12-15 Release date: 04-10-2013 Format: digital single Label: Infectious Music UK Sales: 100k+ Video here: uJ_1HMAGb4k Biography Australian indie folk singer/songwriter Vance Joy began his career playing the Melbourne open-mike scene at the end of the 2000s while completing his law degree. Finding success with his intimate, Bon Iver-influenced songs, Joy decided to put law on hold and pursue a music career instead. Born James Keogh, the singer took the name Vance Joy from a character Peter Carey's novel Bliss in order to better separate his personal and professional life. As his reputation grew, he began working with a manager, booking bigger shows around town and eventually recorded his debut EP God Loves You When You're Dancing. His catchy folk-pop single "Riptide" was an immediate success in Australia and eventually led him to sign a lengthy multi-album deal with Atlantic Records. In 2013, Joy began touring internationally and recording his first album for Atlantic. - iTunes Chart history (Year peak title): 2014 10 Riptide -NAS-
February 23, 201412 yr Imagine Dragons top 15 with 'Demons', pretty damn good result. :o I thought it should have been a single ages ago, but still it's done better than I ever imagined.
February 23, 201412 yr Imagine Dragons top 15 with 'Demons', pretty damn good result. :o I thought it should have been a single ages ago, but still it's done better than I ever imagined. Oh yes! I forgot that was still to come :D
February 23, 201412 yr 'Closer' by Tegan And Sara is absolutely awful by the way. Just need to counter the love for it in this thread. Body Work is their only really good song, they are vastly overrated outside of that. Edited February 23, 201412 yr by Chez Wombat
February 23, 201412 yr 14 13 15 Avicii Hey Brother True | 2013 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515SQaHuVAL._AA160_.jpg Chart Run: 58-xx(8 wks)-27-14-8-2-5-3-3-3-3-6-8-10-13-14 Format: download only track Label: Virgin Records Sales: 400k+ Video here: 6Cp6mKbRTQY Biography Cleverly using dance music blogs as the platform to launch his career, Tim Berg, aka Avicii, has since become one of the most prominent producers on the burgeoning Swedish house scene. Born in Stockholm in 1989, Berg only started making music at the age of 18, writing and remixing tracks in his bedroom and then leaking them onto various blogs. Influenced by Daft Punk and Steve Angello, his melodic house sound gained a huge following, and led to support from Tiësto, who invited him to perform a weekly residency at Privilege in Ibiza, and Pete Tong, who released first single "Manman" through his Bedroom Bedlam label. After he remixed tracks for Little Boots, Robyn, and Dizzee Rascal, Berg's first mainstream release, the Ministry of Sound instrumental "Seek Bromance," became a huge hit across Europe and later in the U.K., thanks to a vocal version featuring Amanda Wilson. In 2012 he released the song "2 Million" after reaching that number of followers on Facebook, while his single "Le7els" and its accompanying video were nominated at that year's MTV Music Video Awards. Towards the end of 2012 he released his highly-anticipated collaboration single with Nicky Romero. "I Could Be The One" was a smash hit and was featured heavily on reality TV shows and radio play across Europe. In 2013, Avicii teamed up with Ericsson and creates the first "crowdsourced" track which enabled the producer to connect to fans and promote his brand. The single "3 Million" was released to celebrate the 3 millionth fan on his Facebook page. "Le7els" was nominated for the Best Dance Recording at the 2013 Grammys but lost out to Skrillex & Sirah's "Bangarang". Ahead of his debut album #TRUE, he released the single "Wake Me Up" in June 2013. Featuring Aloe Blacc, it reached the top of the UK Charts and confidently showed off his new musical direction. ~ Jon O'Brien, Rovi / iTunes Chart history (Year peak title): 2010 13 Seek Bromance (As Tim Berg) -NAS- 2010 46 My Feelings For You (Avicii And Sebastien Drums) -1- 2011 04 Collide (Leona Lewis/Avicii) 2011 04 Levels -NAS- 2012 22 Silhouettes (Avicii Feat. Salem Al Fakir) -NAS- 2012 49 Superlove (Avicii Vs. Lenny Kravitz) -NAS- 2013 01 I Could Be The One (Avicii Vs. Nicky Romero) -NAS- 2013 47 X You -NAS- 2013 01 Wake Me Up -1- MILLION SELLER 2013 05 You Make Me -2- 2013 02 Hey Brother -3- Discussion Thread Here
February 23, 201412 yr Yes Imagine Dragons is at least #13 this week. :cheer: Meanwhile I'm getting a little bit tired of Hey Brother, which is interesting as I'm still loving Wake Me Up.
February 23, 201412 yr 'Ready For Your Love' has gone 4-6-9-16, while 'Braveheart' went 4-7-9-16 and Gorgon City could have been 7 on their second week had Katy B sold about 1000 more copies :angry: Things like this shouldn't annoy me...
Create an account or sign in to comment