March 5, 20179 yr Congrats Dan! "Running In The Night" is definitely not my style, hate the whole 80s sound, but this song still managed to grow on me somehow which shows that it was quite an outstanding entry! Sorry for Cody-ing earlier, I'm actually fairly happy with 34th (yay deductions, etc), didn't expect a whole lot better - thanks All for the support!
March 5, 20179 yr Although it didn't make my votes, I still don't mind 'We Like 2 Party', a nice combination of Beaverdonia and Land of DW :P Being last is something I do the best (and I don't even do it intentionally), so it fits the Land of DW spirit 100% :wub: You had like NO NOVELTY SONGS except from that cat one!!
March 5, 20179 yr Ooh finished in the top 20! (Albeit only because 4 songs ahead of me got deductions, but 23rd before that is still pretty good). Very happy with that, was just pleased to finally have an excuse to send this song somewhere and it's not done badly for itself at all. To add another 'my votes could have changed the winner!!1', FM-84 and The Midnight sound so similar to me that they were basically inseparable in my votes (so not surprised they got similar points from most people and almost the same number overall), I originally had them the other way round so they'd have been tied if I didn't wait until the second plug session to vote :lol: What a wonderful top 2 there though, thank god it didn't get broken by that nothingy Dagny track that looked to be threatening at one point. The lower half of that top 10 is all brilliant too. Whoops at impostor me getting the deduction (not to mention any points it may have lost if anyone ranked it based solely on the instrumental version which was the one linked in the thread for over a week?? I'm sure that wouldn't be a major factor though). At least my real entry outperformed it anyway lol ~ and I look forward to apparently seeing another former Persephonia artist representing Yehesi in the new main contest ;o Thanks for hosting this Iz, a fun concept that I certainly wouldn't mind seeing done again some day ~
March 5, 20179 yr (not to mention any points it may have lost if anyone ranked it based solely on the instrumental version which was the one linked in the thread for over a week?? I'm sure that wouldn't be a major factor though). I didn't know that the instrumental wasn't supposed to be the actual entry :o lmao I'm listening to the version with vocals now that you've said this, I doubt this one would have received points from me either - although the instrumental wasn't far from the top 15 in my list. (I did notice in the plug stats that you had listened to both versions, but I didn't make much of it, I thought it was just for fun or something haha :lol:)
March 5, 20179 yr I mean maybe it was supposed to be the instrumental version, I kinda find it hard to imagine Tim specifically sending that version in though :lol: (unrelated: just realised Sandebörg delivered their best entry to a BJSC contest in years here!)
March 5, 20179 yr Very pleased Nina did so well, I'm surprised no-one guessed me for her considering my association with cheapness! :heehee: It wasn't the most inspired choice, I would've loved to have had the time to go through Phil's back catalogue but unfortunately I ended up with very limited time to explore it, especially difficult with more than 90 artists. I was tempted to troll and go for 'Spread A Little Light' but I RESISTED so be glad about that :D
March 5, 20179 yr Oo wouldn't have called Pupok as Missio, nice one Lotti. :wub: the reason i chose this one is it kinda reminded me of imagine dragons!! and i remembered that plug night where hella was played haha im SHOOK that altyr had me, did not expect that :o
March 6, 20179 yr I mean maybe it was supposed to be the instrumental version, I kinda find it hard to imagine Tim specifically sending that version in though :lol: (unrelated: just realised Sandebörg delivered their best entry to a BJSC contest in years here!) I have the vocal version in my favourites on youtube, so I imagine I tried sending that one :lol:
March 6, 20179 yr Very pleased Nina did so well, I'm surprised no-one guessed me for her considering my association with cheapness! :heehee: It wasn't the most inspired choice, I would've loved to have had the time to go through Phil's back catalogue but unfortunately I ended up with very limited time to explore it, especially difficult with more than 90 artists. I was tempted to troll and go for 'Spread A Little Light' but I RESISTED so be glad about that :D Good thing too, I have a few bits of self-recycling on my back-up list that you'd have stolen for the main contest :kink:
March 9, 20179 yr Honestly up until the last night of confirmations I was gonna go cheap with either t.A.T.u, Lenka, or Tiesto, but realized that would be boring and not typical of me, so I'm glad I talked myself out of it. The Midnight was the next artist I searched and I was so impressed with 'Jason' that I pretty much stopped searching after that, except for the rest of The Midnight's album which was a delight <3Oh wait I take that back. Just remembered I was set on sending Kele before I searched The Midnight.
March 9, 20179 yr tbh I'm shocked no one went for D E N A considering how much of a Buzzjack icon she was
March 10, 20179 yr Have just recently found out that Alice And The Glass Lake passed away in 2015 :'( A very belated RIP. 'Luminous' and 'Paracosm' are both beautiful songs.
Create an account or sign in to comment