Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 234
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wonder what Riser was thinking between in regards of my previous entrants.
Flawlessly hosted Iz and a great winner! Hopefully we can do this spin-off again next year!

Interesting results! Congrats to Dan, again, good song!

 

Thanks Iz for running this, one of the best spin-offs in a while in terms of concept and quality and the hosting was great.

 

I'm happy to have missed the bottom 15 following that Plug (non) reaction :D

thanks for the votes again, feels great to have two consecutive wins after years of not having one. :heart:

 

really well hosted too and as a concept I'd love to revisit it again.

thanks for the votes again, feels great to have two consecutive wins after years of not having one. :heart:

 

really well hosted too and as a concept I'd love to revisit it again.

open the confirmations now

Thank you for putting this on Iz! I know I'm not the most committed BJSC entrant anymore but this spinoff really grabbed me from the get-go and was presented and hosted flawlessly by yourself! The top two are both brilliant discoveries and would've great entries into the normal contest!

 

Also v. happy at Pogo and Cadenza making the top 10! :D A turn in KlumRep's fortunes maybe?! (definitely not)

Scraping a top 20 and passing 100 points is good, happy with that for Glasperlenspiel!
Despite not voting, this contest was good for something. I found me main BJSC entry during my search for a decent Persephonia artist *.*

Great winner really loved it reminds me of 2000s dance :heart:

 

Great to see Tame Impala top 10 too! Shame Sumera isn't higher but I am glad it got some fans!

 

Great hosting Iz :D

Ah brilliant, my top 2 remain as the top 2 (and my 13 in the top 10 as well!) *.* (has that happened before in BJSC? I think it has in UP), congrats Dan, a fantastic song and brilliant Jadakissnia impression to boot!

 

Hooray for another spin off top 10, always wonderful to see some appreciation for classical soundtracks as I've been rather into this month ;o Pleased to see my fake entry didn't do too badly in the end either.

 

This was a really fun contest, I really hope it can return soon as there's so many other countries to explore! Ofc. made all the better by the brilliant and smooth hosting, Iz, bravo.

  • Author

You're very welcome guys, I'm pleased to see such a good reaction to all of this.

 

I'm 99% sure this is the correct scoreboard now:

 

1. 239 South Danaelanda : FM-84 (feat. Ollie Wride) - Running In The Night

2. 237 Harmonica : The Midnight - Jason (feat. Nikki Flores)

3. 214 Mulgracia : Dagny feat. Børns - Fools Gold

4. 210 Ramrynia : Nina Nesbitt - Chewing Gum

5. 203 Aeroche : Allie X - Hello (PVLM BEACH Remix)

6. 165 Skall : Pogo - Alohomora

7. 150 Terra Avium : Ramin Djawadi - Paint It Black

8. 148 Jadakissnia : Tame Impala - Let It Happen

9. 143 Kluminican Republic : Cadenza (feat. Jorja Smith & Dre Island) - People

10. 138 Quintessa : FMLYBND - Letting Go

 

11. 137 Cadelicia: Vanic – Samurai (feat. Katy Tiz)

12. 122 Hushkanukia: Gia - Straight Up

13. 119 Fljótavík : Gang Gang Dance - MindKilla

14. 112 Pupok : MISSIO - Middle Fingers

15. 111 Trifoski : Smith & Thell - Statue (The Pills Song)

16. 106 Niceland : Haloo Helsinki - Hulluuden Highway

17. 104 Unovia : Glasperlenspiel - Für immer (Madizin Single Mix)

18. 103 Medhelnia : Toyboy & Robin - Can't Love Me (feat. Finnli)

19. 94 Persephonia : Bloodgroup - Fall

20. 93 Taahino : Twenty One Pilots - Doubt (139 before deduction)

 

21. 92 Aelandor : Atlas Genius - Molecules

22. 88 Séyetana : AJR - Let The Games Begin

23. 86 Desbuanda : Tensnake - Desire (102 before deduction)

24. 84 Botanikka: Chairlift - Ch-Ching

25. 83 Sandeborg : Antique - Moro Mou (12 votes, 1 18)

26. 83 FSR Rontvia : Heathers - Call Home (12 votes)

27. 83 Bignia-Zaragovina: Elena - Body Song (10 votes)

28. 82 –π : Noonie Bao - Reminds Me (122 before deduction)

29. 81 St. Burbia : Marlon Roudette (feat. K Stewart) - Everybody Feeling Something

 

30. 79 Espen : Wynter Gordon - Bad Things

31. 74 Flynnonda : Sumera - Animal

32. 70 Republique d’Ashton : Crystalyne - Let's Do Something Crazy (105 before deduction)

33. 69 Ajanaeda : Tei Shi - Nevermind the End

34. 67 Land Of DW : Alice And The Glass Lake - Paracosm (11 votes)

35. 67 Deandria : Sizzy Rocket - Spell On Me (8 votes)

36. 66 Ultraviolenceland : Moxiie - Better Than Money (Adventure Mixtape)

37. 62 Altyr Muunilinst: Aelyn - Not Me

38. 61 Florina : Kristinia DeBarge (feat. Iamsu!) - Fadeout

39. 52 Cor Lupus : Panic! At The Disco - Emperor's New Clothes

40. 47 Yehesi : Kadie Elder - Kids On The Moon (70 before deduction)

 

41. 46 Ojnoj : BoA X Beenzino - No Matter What

42. 38 Syndare : Fox Stevenson - Chatterbox (56 before deduction)

43. 20 Beaverdonia : BIGBANG - We Like 2 Party

 

Songs with changed scores are Fools Gold (-19), Desire (-2), Ch-Ching (+6), Chewing Gum (+16), Not Me (+1), Chatterbox (+12), Fadeout (+2) and No Matter What (-2). I can figure out how the last two happened but I'm at a loss for the rest of those. But all fixed now.

 

Spreadsheet in case anyone wants to peruse

 

Yay I didn't do too badly and I'm just below top half but not yay I got beaten by Aelandor by a whisker of 4 points.

OHHHH, I'll give Oliver that choice of Vanic considering he was beaten to the original entry. :kink: Pleased that did well for him!

 

Yeh, I can't say that result for my entry on the other hand was entirely unexpected, I'm just glad it finished above Ojnoj's actual entry so I haven't entirely let him down! I did find it difficult to find an entry I thought would be a hit and hadn't been entered already. I did basically enter Fadeout on the basis that it reminded me of Tinashe so much (albeit an Aldi version) so I'm glad everyone else picked up on that! When picking an entry, I immediately deleted all those I thought were cheap. If I had gone cheaper, I would have definitely sent Kate Nash - Good Summer! It did amuse me when I saw Kristinia DeBarge mentioned in the opening post, I never expected her to be the 'oldest' entrant!!

 

Absolutely FANTASTIC top 3, although I admit that I did place FM-84 a bit higher at the last minute, so another change that sadly robbed The Midnight of a win! Really really great hosting Iz, perfectly formatted and loved the change in the scoreboard that matched the reveals. Would love to see this concept done again, such a great idea and entertaining from the very start to the very end.

 

TELEVISION THEMES/SOUNDTRACKS NEXT PLEASE :heart:

Not a surprise there at all for me that Aeroche was behind Deandria, one of Leww's posts in the confirmations thread really convinced me that he had been assigned me. Did well too, so well done (was a shame not pointing it myself but yea).

 

Congrats on another contest win, Dan! I called it in my head, it had that winner vibe~

 

Glad you liked my entry for you as well, Riser :D And congrats on doing so well with your own entry! Thanks Iz~, this was a fun contest!

Dan doing the double *_____________* Happy with my result, glad I could share the house brilliance of Can't Love Me.

A magnificent contest this was, Iz *.* thanks for hosting and well done Dan on another victory~

 

Pleased with 17th for Smith & Thell, hope y'all got a kick out of my female country pop version of Ho Hey x

 

Gah I would've liked to follow this live if it hadn't been so early, not sure I could've handled the tension though! :lol: Will have to read all of this later I guess. Massive kudos to Deandria for not only picking Sizzy Rocket (one of my faves) but a song with only 300 views! I loved it!

 

From what I saw it looked like most of the votes had FM-84 just one or two points ahead of The Midnight, not surprising because they were quite similar. It wasn't intentional but I'm kinda glad I didn't shoot myself in the foot, as much as I liked 'Running In The Night' it fell just short of my votes. But congrats Dan (again!)!

I also wonder what Riser was thinking between in regards of my previous entrants.
Honestly up until the last night of confirmations I was gonna go cheap with either t.A.T.u, Lenka, or Tiesto, but realized that would be boring and not typical of me, so I'm glad I talked myself out of it. The Midnight was the next artist I searched and I was so impressed with 'Jason' that I pretty much stopped searching after that, except for the rest of The Midnight's album which was a delight <3

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.