Jump to content

Featured Replies

After Dolly Parton’s ‘9 to 5’ recently dropped from its peak position of 5 to 9, I just remembered that Cola Boy’s ‘7 Ways To Love’ peaked at number 7.

What other songs with numbers in their titles have peaked at the appropriate position in the chart? I wonder if there are any albums that have done likewise?

Edit: oops! ‘7 Ways To Love’ peaked at 8. I don’t know how I got that wrong!

Edited by GreyAsh

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • A few for #10 Nat King Cole - Tenderly (1954) The Chi-Lites - Too Good To Be Forgotten (1974) Sonia - Listen To Your Heart (1989) Elton John & Leann Rimes - Written in the Stars (1999)

  • Suedehead2
    Suedehead2

    Patrick Wolf's The Magic Position peaked at number 69

  • King Rollo
    King Rollo

    I've been doing a Countdown style numbers puzzle to try to get 10538 Overture by ELO to its peak position of 9. It took me a while but I've done it: 3 x 8 = 24 -5 = 19 -10 = 9

Mark Owen - Four Minute Warning

White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Edited by ElectroBoy

In the absence of Doctor Blind being around to tell us…

Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position

Which peaked at 69

FourFiveSeconds moved up to #4 from #5 for in its second week (and down to #5 from #4 in its third week) although it peaked at #3 rather than in second, unfortunately denying it its titular set of numerical positions!

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Jade said:

The Tweenies didn’t quite manage it but ‘Number 1’ by Tinchy Stryder/N-Dubz got there!

Which is simply vile, I'd have chosen Goldfrapp out of any option.

19 minutes ago, Jade said:

The Tweenies didn’t quite manage it but ‘Number 1’ by Tinchy Stryder/N-Dubz got there!

The tweenies were robbed peaking at number 5 was diabolical

Edited by 777666jason

Notoriously Tinchy Stryder- Number One

'I don't understand how you're number one'

Edited by Paramore

Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa - One Kiss got to no.1, funnily being Dua's third try to get a song with 'one' in its title there kink

Be The One peaked at 9 and Scared To Be Lonely with Martin Garrix peaked at 14.

1 hour ago, GreyAsh said:

I just remembered that Cola Boy’s ‘7 Ways To Love’ peaked at number 7

Oops - and if no one has mentioned it yet, I have just spotted my own error! This peaked at 8 but spent 7 weeks on the chart.

1 hour ago, ElectroBoy said:

Spice Girls - 2 Become 1 : covering a lot of bases there

Also appropriate for these two threads now merged into one!

31 minutes ago, dandy* said:

Kim Appleby - Don’t Worry

Expanding this technique a little further...

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen (there are actually a few that work with one)

Bobby Ferrin - Don't Worry Be Happy

Modern Romance - Best Years Of Our Lives

Raghav - Can't Get Enough

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.