September 4Sep 4 I'm sure they're just referring to the chart update.The promo soundbite for the chart show played on Greg's show this morning does feel like a spoiler though...maybe spoileras it is framing the chart as being a battle between Sam/Olivia and HUGEL with no mention of Ella. Given HUGEL hasn't been leading any of the midweeks I have to assume that means he's probably overtaken at the last minute (surprising if so considering it's been the other way round in recent weeks with Ella overtaking/pulling ahead of HUGEL). Maybe I'm just reading too much into it though like when I thought a few weeks ago that it was hinting at Madonna being #1 x
September 4Sep 4 27 minutes ago, Bror said:The promo soundbite for the chart show played on Greg's show this morning does feel like a spoiler though...I’ve messaged you a response with a potential alternative explanation.But a second explanation - nobody knows the chart until around 10/11 am. This goes for any song that is suggested as being Number 1 this week. Edited September 4Sep 4 by GreyAsh
September 4Sep 4 Yeah when Kendrick was first challenging after Super Bowl he wasn't mentioned as a contender in the promo so it was probably made before a clear leader was established.
September 4Sep 4 3 minutes ago, Henessy Lake said:Why drop the price now and not earlier in the week 😒She didn't stand a chance this week (was 1k + behind) this is the prime week as she's climbed above Ella on Apple and Amazon.
September 4Sep 4 2 hours ago, Paramore said:BBC breakfast has either been given a spoiler or misunderstood the mids because they have just said 9 to 5 will be number oneI wish!!!! Sounds like bbtory boomers not understanding how charts work or confuding the sales chart with the chart
September 4Sep 4 Yeah they’re probably just re-stating last week’s top 2 and assuming it will be beteeen them with no advance knowledge at all.
September 4Sep 4 58 minutes ago, Jessie Where said:None of these contenders feel like anything other than a default #1, come on Miley!Agree, none were showing a real challenge before RMI ACR so they’ve benefitted from being in the right place/right time (although I would absolutely love Ella to snatch a #1).The lack of real big hits taking off this year is a worrying trend.
September 4Sep 4 1 hour ago, Henessy Lake said:Why drop the price now and not earlier in the week 😒Well technically she's dropping the price at the start of this fresh week - she's clearly gunning for the top of next weeks chart (11th September).
September 4Sep 4 See sienna got the memo let Ella have it this week and she can have it next week 🙏🙏🙏
September 4Sep 4 22 minutes ago, 777666jason said:See sienna got the memo let Ella have it this week and she can have it next week 🙏🙏🙏Ella will be staying at number 1 for 20 weeks - same as the Hot 100 !!!
September 4Sep 4 I'm totally biased but I wouldn't say Sienna is a default number 1 it's been climbing and climbing week on week. It's at 2 on Spotify (Stella / Ella potentially as they've been around months)I'd be more than happy with Ella getting it today and then Sienna getting it this week, I love a fast turnaround (Then I'd love Miley to get it next week although extremely unlikely) Edited September 4Sep 4 by Mr. C. Joel
September 4Sep 4 Late challenger for #1 The incoming mega smash hit we’ve been waiting for with a 2002 vibe Candlelight mix
September 4Sep 4 Zara has a stocking problem with all the signed vinyls / CD's and the deluxe CD for girls trip on her official store (Just got notified) was hoping the physical being out might help secure a top 20 ish this week.Shocking when labels can't even manage to get everything in order given the pre-order was up and sold out in April!
Create an account or sign in to comment