Sunday at 19:493 days So we’re looking at 30 songs per semi? Fantastic news for my hopes of qualifying. Great turnout though.
Sunday at 20:243 days On 03/10/2026 at 17:42, matto said:You know that one alternative or simply weird af tune you discovered, fell in love with and wished you could share it in a contest? BJSC didn't feel like the right place, nor Nuggets, Club Bizarre, or any of the others! 😯Well, your chance to showcase this piece of music has now arrived - why not go confirm in Unknown Pleasures in the Indie/Alternative forum! 😃I have just the song!! 🪄
Sunday at 21:343 days Author Did someone say Veet?METTE - COMING OF AGE 22- artist came 6th in BJSC 153 & 1st in BJSC 165 3+12- peaked at #74 on the Multichart 7; appeared in 5 personal charts (danG, DaTilt, Juranamo, RobBot, uhsting)- has a thread in the Pop forum with 13 replies- was in the Pop Track of the Week poll, coming 1st with 10 votes- low level blog coverageDove Cameron - When In Rome 25- artist came 9th in BJSC 186 (as a member of The Girl And The Dreamcatcher) & 8th in BJSC 134 3+10- artist had 5 US Hot 100 hits in 2015-2022 12; also had 2 UK chart hits in 2022-2025, 1 of which made the top 40 & top 10 (highest position #9 for 'Boyfriend')- appeared in 8 personal charts, 3 of which are current BJSC participants (DaTilt, Juranamo, RobBot)- was in the Pop Track of the Week poll, coming 1st with 5 votes- mid level blog coverage
Sunday at 21:593 days 15 minutes ago, blacksquare said:Dove Cameron - When In Rome 25- artist came 9th in BJSC 186 (as a member of The Girl And The Dreamcatcher)Checked the songs list. Looks like it was actually 10 years earlier, back in BJSC 86.
Monday at 08:462 days Sorry for the delay to the start of the contest, guys, absolutely not Nelly’s fault in any way.Quite honestly - if I didn’t have a streak/wasn’t a moderator, I’d probably follow Dandy’s lead in taking a break from this month. I’ve had a gig, a wedding, over time and now a holiday for my anniversary at the end of the week. The song I’ve ended up sending is over a year old but I’d rather send something that I’ve loved for a duration of time and think is a genuinely gorgeous song than just the flavour of the moment that I’m not super passionate about for a hit/to keep my Q streak alive.
Monday at 09:182 days 21 minutes ago, RobBot said:Sorry for the delay to the start of the contest, guys, absolutely not Nelly’s fault in any way.Quite honestly - if I didn’t have a streak/wasn’t a moderator, I’d probably follow Dandy’s lead in taking a break from this month. I’ve had a gig, a wedding, over time and now a holiday for my anniversary at the end of the week.The song I’ve ended up sending is over a year old but I’d rather send something that I’ve loved for a duration of time and think is a genuinely gorgeous song than just the flavour of the moment that I’m not super passionate about for a hit/to keep my Q streak alive.Second paragraph: "Rob needs a break, let's all agree to not vote for it, and get our first nil pointer in the process " Last paragraph: "Rob's passionate about the song, let's not do that... The song deserves support from its fans!"Though I get that: it's insane how having alot going on can make this contest a struggle!(P.s. glad you've entered, even though there's almost zero chance of you sending votes my way this month 🤣)
Monday at 09:262 days Author Thread should hopefully be up today at some point 😮The randomiser has either been very fair or very cruel this month, you’ll have to decide
Monday at 10:182 days 51 minutes ago, blacksquare said:Thread should hopefully be up today at some point😮The randomiser has either been very fair or very cruel this month, you’ll have to decideAll the longest songs in one semi?
Monday at 14:582 days OT but I just found out that Earth is Turning (as well as half of horsegiirl’s recent album) was additionally-produced by Ö/Nömak of the Elëdan 181 fame x
Monday at 18:572 days Author One more little dose of Veet for everyone x 2NE1 - I LOVE YOU- entered four times previously, in LVI (31st), XVIII (DNQ), XXXVI (DNQ) and XLVII (13th). 3+7- vetoed previously in XLVII.- the song is practically unsearchable on this site but spent 9 weeks on Multichart in 2012, peaking at #40. 7- 15.9m streams- peaked at #1 in South Korea, #5 in Japan. 3
Monday at 19:052 days Finally someone who knows ballfrankly it should have been saved for Bop Idol but I digress
Monday at 19:062 days I've avoided publicly commenting on whether I'd AQ or not to try and avoid jinxing it but it didn't work - a bit of a rollercoaster as we had 60 confirming nations within the deadline... but one withdrew... but then there was a late entry... but then another person withdrew. So we've ended up with 59 entries. Sadge xx(I think my entry shouldn't be at too much risk of DNQing this time unless me leaning too hard on pop voters severely backfires but I am a little gutted to not get to vote in both semis aw)
Yesterday at 17:151 day 22 hours ago, blacksquare said:One more little dose of Veet for everyone x 2NE1 - I LOVE YOU- entered four times previously, in LVI (31st), XVIII (DNQ), XXXVI (DNQ) and XLVII (13th). 3+7- vetoed previously in XLVII.- the song is practically unsearchable on this site but spent 9 weeks on Multichart in 2012, peaking at #40. 7- 15.9m streams- peaked at #1 in South Korea, #5 in Japan. 3is this a joke or did someone genuinely try this
Create an account or sign in to comment