Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

2cdf3dad-ba48-44de-978e-cd252a225f56.png

Boot-Camp-Part-One.png

Artist-Progress-Template3.png

SOLO FEMALE

Viva España!

After two stops in the Netherlands, it's time to move just over 900 miles south-west to Barcelona, in Spain, for Boot Camp: Part One. Shawn Mendes is already donning his Barcelona FC top (which may or may not also carry a hint to a future themed round on our European Adventure). With the backdrop of the Sagrada Familia it's time for the remaining ten artists to really flex their creative muscles because the theme for Boot Camp: Part One is They Should've Been Singles. Only nine artists will make it to Boot Camp: Part Two and the next location and venue, but for now let's welcome back the solo female artists who are once again hoping to impress you, the voting BuzzJack public!

Round3-Theme.png

How it works:

Once you have listened to all of the artists perform you should post a ranking of each of the performances. You can rank them from best to worst (making clear which is your favourite down to least favourite), or use the template below:

01 (favourite)

02

03

04

05

06

07

08

09

10 (least favourite)

For those voting who have entered one of the artists into the competition, you should rank all ten performances in your own category (however it's encouraged that you vote in all categories), and when scores are totalled your entry will be removed from your list to retain anonymity in the competition.

As always, even if you are not competing in The Pop Factor you can vote too!

When voting closes, the nine female solo artists with the highest scores will proceed to the next round while ONE artist will be eliminated from the competition and will not be going through.

However, the competition doesn't end there. Any artists eliminated from the competition - until stated - will be eligible to compete for the chance to return and claim The Gamu Nhengu Gold Card.

Voting will close on Monday 5 October 2026, 17:59 BST

So, without further ado, it's time to put the solo female artists through their paces at BOOT CAMP...

01

KateBushArtistCard.png

02

AdeleArtistCard.png

03

JessieWareArtistCard.png

04

RobynArtistCard.png

05

MarinaArtistCard.png

06

SophieEllisBextorArtistCard.png

07

LeonaLewisArtistCard.png

08

DidoArtistCard.png

09

ZaraLarssonArtistCard.png

10

AgnesArtistCard.png

Standard list of entries:

Kate Bush - Reaching Out

Adele - Can I Get It

Jessie Ware - The Kill

Robyn - Time Machine

MARINA - Teen Idle

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

Dido - Mary’s in India

Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

Agnes - Loaded

Spotify playlist coming soon!

Screenshot-2026-09-22-at-16-49-15.png

This week, awardinary will be hosting a listen-through session for Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona on Thursday 1 October at 19:00 BST. More information will be shared before the session begins, but if you'd like the opportunity to listen to all of the performances with others please feel free.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Leona may have missed a flight in 2010 but the groups missed a horse and carriage x

  • Stuck in 2010 when Addy just wishes he could go back to 1999

  • Omg one of my all time fave Marina songs, solidified by that one time she thought it was appropriate to sing it in front of a group of children at their school 😭

Posted Images

Time Machine is what I’d have picked too! Or In My Eyes. Love it.

Outta My Head could wipe the floor here, the ultimate missed opportunity.

Time Machine, Outta My Head and Blue Moon are great picks here. Expected to see Eurosummer but Blue Moon is a beautiful moment too. I agree with Rich that that’s a killer pick from Leona though - it had to be that really.

Plenty of discoveries to come for me here though which hasn’t been the case for the females much yet!

Was not expecting that Adele song.

Im looking forward to this round!

I know a lot of these but I need to be reminded of some of them! That Adele song is great though, I'm thinking she's gonna walk this round!

Here’s my official vote…

All the points possible to Leona Lewis - Outta My Head.

This was exactly the song I wanted to see. One of, if not my favourite, album tracks of all time. Absolutely CRIMINAL that it wasn’t a single.

Just now, Viper* said:

Here’s my official vote…

All the points possible to Leona Lewis - Outta My Head.

This was exactly the song I wanted to see. One of, if not my favourite, album tracks of all time. Absolutely CRIMINAL that it wasn’t a single.

Then again, thinking about the way the public treated Leona’s few uptempos, maybe it’s better it has a legacy of being one of the best pop album tracks of the 00s rather than peaking at No.18 and then limping away.

I mean… you all got me hyped for that Leona track and I finally gave it a listen, but girl 😭 this sounds like it missed its connecting flight from 2010 and has been stuck in the terminal ever since lol!!!

Obviously I will listen to it again in random order with other songs, but for now not impressed!!!

1 Adele

2 Zara Larsson

3 Leona Lewis

4 Marina

5 Agnes

6 Jessie Ware

7 Sophie Ellis-Bexter

8 Dido

9 Kate Bush

10 Robyn

9 minutes ago, Addy! said:

I mean… you all got me hyped for that Leona track and I finally gave it a listen, but girl 😭 this sounds like it missed its connecting flight from 2010 and has been stuck in the terminal ever since lol!!!

Obviously I will listen to it again in random order with other songs, but for now not impressed!!!

Stuck in 2010 when Addy just wishes he could go back to 1999

2 minutes ago, ElectroBoy said:

Wow quick vote! Only opened 45 minutes ago 😆

I’m sure Adele isn’t complaining. lol

I mean, I will say that the early 2010s kinda feel like they’re “stuck in that era” as a whole, but if you have nostalgia for it, then it’s something you miss a lot. I imagine hearing it for the first time does have a note of dated to it though.

I felt like that with Come Alive in the last round, that the dubstep hadn’t aged well because I’m not all that familiar with Glassheart but if you played me Hold It Against Me, I’d get my life to the same thing because I have nostalgia for it. I did listen to the Echo album quite a bit and Outta My Head in particular so I have a different attachment to that sound with it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.