Posted 20 hours ago20 hr SOLO MALEViva España!After two stops in the Netherlands, it's time to move just over 900 miles south-west to Barcelona, in Spain, for Boot Camp: Part One. Shawn Mendes is already donning his Barcelona FC top (which may or may not also carry a hint to a future themed round on our European Adventure). With the backdrop of the Sagrada Familia it's time for the remaining ten artists to really flex their creative muscles because the theme for Boot Camp: Part One is They Should've Been Singles. Only nine artists will make it to Boot Camp: Part Two and the next location and venue, but for now let's welcome back the solo male artists who are once again hoping to impress you, the voting BuzzJack public!How it works:Once you have listened to all of the artists perform you should post a ranking of each of the performances. You can rank them from best to worst (making clear which is your favourite down to least favourite), or use the template below:01 (favourite)020304050607080910 (least favourite)For those voting who have entered one of the artists into the competition, you should rank all ten performances in your own category (however it's encouraged that you vote in all categories), and when scores are totalled your entry will be removed from your list to retain anonymity in the competition.As always, even if you are not competing in The Pop Factor you can vote too!When voting closes, the nine male solo artists with the highest scores will proceed to the next round while ONE artist will be eliminated from the competition and will not be going through.However, the competition doesn't end there. Any artists eliminated from the competition - until stated - will be eligible to compete for the chance to return and claim The Gamu Nhengu Gold Card.Voting will close on Monday 5 October 2026, 17:59 BSTSo, without further ado, it's time to put the solo male artists through their paces at BOOT CAMP...01020304050607080910Standard list of entries:Sam Fender - The TreadmillLewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of MindHRVY - Never Be UsTom Grennan - If OnlySam Smith - Lose YouDarin - Om du var minDamien Rice - AmieRoosevelt - ForgetCalvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar SignsGary Numan - M.E.Spotify playlist coming soon!This week, awardinary will be hosting a listen-through session for Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona on Thursday 1 October at 19:00 BST. More information will be shared before the session begins, but if you'd like the opportunity to listen to all of the performances with others please feel free.
20 hours ago20 hr Ooh that Gary song was sampled in ‘Where’s Your Head At’ by Basement Jaxx so that’s a smart pick!
20 hours ago20 hr I will listen to everything but I’ll be amazed if I don’t give maximum points to Amie!!! Beautiful song <3
20 hours ago20 hr That Sam Smith choice is incredible!! Well done to whoever sent that. I don’t know any of the other songs here but they’ve got a high bar to beat!
20 hours ago20 hr Didn’t expect Jack’s Dollar Signs wish to actually come true because I seem to remember that was quite a marmite album track at the time but I do personally love it.
20 hours ago20 hr I wouldn't call HRVY's song a banger but I do like it, it's the best song on the EP! Hopefully it'll be enough to get him through.I know a handful of the others but I'm looking forward to hearing the rest tomorrow
20 hours ago20 hr 1 minute ago, vibe said:That Tom Grennan song screamed SINGLE !!Don't think I've heard it; hadn't heard the other album track used by them in the last round either
19 hours ago19 hr Just now, Addy! said:Tinashe to kick everyone's a$$ and pits!!!Automatic disqualification isn't it? A non-male, non European Where's Louis with his rule book?
19 hours ago19 hr Author 3 minutes ago, ElectroBoy said:Automatic disqualification isn't it? A non-male, non European Where's Louis with his rule book?
19 hours ago19 hr 'The Treadmill' was a single wasn't it? x (Was definitely heavily played by Radio 1 anyway)That is one of Sam's better songs though so I shouldn't complain. Great pick from Gary Numan again as well!
19 hours ago19 hr Author 1 minute ago, Bror said:'The Treadmill' was a single wasn't it? x (Was definitely heavily played by Radio 1 anyway)Charted, but wasn’t a single
19 hours ago19 hr 3 minutes ago, Calum said:Charted, but wasn’t a single It didn't chart though (unforch).(but yes, just checked and it was A-Listed on Radio 1 for 7 weeks, seems pretty singley to me x)
19 hours ago19 hr Author 1 minute ago, Bror said:It didn't chart though (unforch).(but yes, just checked and it was A-Listed on Radio 1 for 7 weeks, seems pretty singley to me x)Not in the UK, but I did research and it charted somewhere in the world (Estonia?). Smash hit x
Create an account or sign in to comment