Jump to content

Featured Replies

New peaks and entries outside the top 40:

#54 KETTAMA - Comes And Goes (+15)

#71 Faouzia - UNETHICAL (+11)

#73 GENER8ION ft. Yung Lean - STORM II (NEW)

#75 Imael Angel - Bad Times (+22)

#86 Kingfishr - The Sun Will Never Settle (+12)

  • Replies 307
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Classic Taylor blocking an up and coming band for another number one that she doesn’t need. It would’ve meant a lot more to Keo.

  • maggotsforbrains
    maggotsforbrains

    life's certainties: death, taxes and Mr. Brightside charting on the UK singles chart

  • How is it unfair if old music is still popular?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

Zabadak! getting to #3 is the closest anyone's gotten iirc

'Zambesi' and 'Zoom' both got to #2!

Why Pink re-entering at #81?

1 minute ago, Jade said:

'Zambesi' and 'Zoom' both got to #2!

good shouts! I didn't remember correctly then 💀

Edited by maggotsforbrains

4 minutes ago, N-S said:

Is Duffy the last Welsh artist to have a #1 as a lead artist? (Tom Jones and Sian Evans were featured.)


The lead artists on Barry Islands In The Stream were Vanessa Jenkins and Bryn West, aka Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon, who are also both Welsh.

5 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

Zabadak! getting to #3 is the closest anyone's gotten iirc

From when lyrics meant something

Zabadak
Karakakora kakarakak
Zabadak
Shai shai skagalak
Zabadak (zabadak)
Karakakora kakarakak (karakak, karakak)
Zabadak
Shai shai skagalak

Taylor is racking up the songs destined to be non-No.1s recently. It's pretty good though but for me has nothing on I Knew It, I Knew You. Cleveland is her worst song since ME! It's memorable, but not for the right reasons.

Babydoll coming to be the big song of the autumn/winter after the very similar Man I Need this time last year feels so engineered, even though I like it. That main synth bassline in both songs reminds me of the production on Cherish by Madonna.

The Ashe song feels much fresher and less like a copycat. Even though it also wears its 70s influences on its sleeve, it doesn't do it in such an obvious way to ape one particular song. So I hope that picks up again soon.

3 minutes ago, Mr. C. Joel said:

Honestly your hate for Sienna is wild. You never miss an opportunity to slander her.

She’s clearly incredibly talented even if you don’t think so! She’s hardly a one hit wonder and she’s had multiple hits in the charts (3 songs top 40 still) and her album is still selling decently it’s not as if she’s had one hit and mediocre album sales is it.

Slander her? Get a grip and trust me people ‘slander’ acts on here constantly they don’t like, it’s called an opinion magic (and while you’re at it take a look at some of your posts about artists - you seem pretty good at ‘slander’ too).

I listened to her album, it’s boring, she brings nothing new to the table for me and I personally find much better/interesting artists in the same genre as her far better.

I’m glad her album is selling and she’s getting hits - I haven’t disputed that point but it doesn’t change the fact I find her music bring, lifeless and carbon copy of what’s been done before.

'Dreams' at #59 for the first time means it is now only the third song to have covered every position from 51-100, after 'Mr Brightside' and 'Iris'

K Pop Demon Hunters did not match the record for most weeks at number 1 on the Compilation Chart.

They will have to wait until next week.

Edited by mrpopquiz

Can I slander the massively overrated Taylor Swift

8 minutes ago, DanielCarey said:

New peaks and entries outside the top 40:

#54 KETTAMA - Comes And Goes (+15)

#71 Faouzia - UNETHICAL (+11)

#73 GENER8ION ft. Yung Lean - STORM II (NEW)

#75 Imael Angel - Bad Times (+22)

#86 Kingfishr - The Sun Will Never Settle (+12)

One new entry outside of the Taylor Swift trio, 2026 truly the year the music charts died! Only a few weeks left before the excitement of those new Christmas songs!

3 minutes ago, ___∆___ said:

Slander her? Get a grip and trust me people ‘slander’ acts on here constantly they don’t like, it’s called an opinion magic (and while you’re at it take a look at some of your posts about artists - you seem pretty good at ‘slander’ too).

I listened to her album, it’s boring, she brings nothing new to the table for me and I personally find much better/interesting artists in the same genre as her far better.

I’m glad her album is selling and she’s getting hits - I haven’t disputed that point but it doesn’t change the fact I find her music bring, lifeless and carbon copy of what’s been done before.

You can have an opinion but discrediting her as some sort of default potential award winner just because you don’t like her doesn’t make any sense

Pink re-entering is such a ragebait. Next time it'll be Ed Sheeran's turn. clap

Sad that Macklemore isn't getting the reset he deserved.

Just now, Mr. C. Joel said:

You can have an opinion but discrediting her as some sort of default potential award winner just because you don’t like her doesn’t make any sense

So I can’t have an opinion then? that’s my opinion that she will be the default award winner because the competition is next to nothing so has an easier path to grabbing multiple awards.

24 minutes ago, DanielCarey said:

Without Taylor, the top 20 would be:

#1 SIENNA SPIRO - Great Expectation

#2 Ella Langley - Choosin' Texas

#3 Jamie Miller - Babydoll

#4 STELLA LEFTY - Boston

#5 Olivia Rodrigo - the cure

#6 ADÉLA - Nicole Kidman

#7 Ashe - Stop The Wedding!

#8 Dua Lipa - Training Season

#9 Sam Fender & Olivia Dean - Rein Me In

#10 sombr - My Body Isn't Ready

#11 SIENNA SPIRO - Die On This Hill

#12 ADÉLA - Ain't In LA

#13 Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song

#14 Olivia Dean - Man I Need

#15 Alyssa Grace - bloodstream

#16 Tame Impala - Loser

#17 Malcolm Todd - Earrings

#18 HUGEL, Imael Angel & Ultra Naté - Movin' To The Sun

#19 Madonna - Danceteria

#20 Noah Kahan - Willing And Able

Now do the top 20 without artists who don’t have Tinashe in their name!!

01. Tinashe - Melatonin

02. Tinashe - Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore

03. Tinashe - Cloud 9

THE REAL CHART!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Tafty said:

Now do the top 20 without artists who don’t have Tinashe in their name!!

01. Tinashe - Melatonin

02. Tinashe - Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore

03. Tinashe - Cloud 9

THE REAL CHART!!!!!

Taylor Swift is a genuine artist so any chart ignoring her is pointless

8 minutes ago, ___∆___ said:

So I can’t have an opinion then? that’s my opinion that she will be the default award winner because the competition is next to nothing so has an easier path to grabbing multiple awards.

Not what her sales show though is it? There's plenty of other acts that just haven't managed to make an impact in the charts.

Just now, Scone1 said:

Taylor Swift is a genuine artist so any chart ignoring her is pointless

...I don't think this was intended to be a serious chart? 💀

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.