Jump to content

Featured Replies

wow, Gaga with four songs in the top 15 :o (plus Hair already there after less than a day) goes to show what a little promo can do

 

I guess Pitbull will get number 1 on sunday now he's there on Sunday, its great to see Kate Bush at number 1 in the albums (as I thought), a legend :D unfortunately, I think Adele will overtake by the end of the week as the gap is small, still, it should more or less be its last week there - Gaga will easily get it next week and Arctics have an album out two weeks after

Edited by chart wizard

  • Replies 168
  • Views 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness me, Pitbull being no.1 would probably be the lowlight of the year.
Oh, sorry for being pedantic, but why is Ne-Yo always referred to as 'Ne'Yo' in the update posts?
  • Author
Oh, sorry for being pedantic, but why is Ne-Yo always referred to as 'Ne'Yo' in the update posts?

 

Sorry for the abrupt post in advance, but I;ve always spelled his name like that with the apostrophe.

 

"Waits for Bray to correct my spelling mistakes" :(

Sorry for the abrupt post in advance, but I;ve always spelled his name like that with the apostrophe.

 

"Waits for Bray to correct my spelling mistakes" :(

 

That doesn't answer my question though... why do you spell it like that? Just seems a bit weird... :P

We don't need any more proof of that. It's been proven many times already.

 

 

Then (as you didn't reply in the iTunes thread) why were you surprised that Eurovision songs weren't plummeting well within 48 hours of Eurovision? :lol:

Then (as you didn't reply in the iTunes thread) why were you surprised that Eurovision songs weren't plummeting well within 48 hours of Eurovision? :lol:

 

Oh, I was going to respond to this but I obviously forgot to :P I only stuck on 'significantly' because Zdob Shi Zdub had fallen, the rest in the top 100 hadn't even fallen one place yet whereas all the others outside the top 100 (and ZSZ) had already started falling.

Just had a thought I wonder if Lady Gaga will occupy #3, #4 and #5 come Sunday, has any artist achieve the same feat. The only artists that could have done it would probably be Elvis Presley or The Beatles in the 60s

 

Theres going to be no chance of that happening, I don't think she will hold up to well as the week progresses. I think TEOG will go in at #5, Hair will be #7 and Judas will be #9. She should get 3 entries in the top 10 though.

whether or not she gets three or MORE top 10s this same week, the one thing shes DYING for and not gettin is that damn #1 lol!

Edited by JK1

  • Author
Do you think Lady GaGa will manage the 3-4-5 on Sunday?

 

Probably not, it was just wishful thinking

 

Can I have a Glee update in the albums please? :D TIA

 

With The Warblers 9*2=

Vol 5 30+7=

whether or not she gets three or MORE top 10s this same week, the one thing shes DYING for and not gettin is that damn #1 lol!

 

I doubt she cares about any of her chart positions in the UK. She should be more concerned about the USA.

Edited by Bray

Bush looking to stop Adele's chart run

Tuesday May 17, 2011

 

By Paul Williams - Music Week

 

Kate Bush has taken an early lead over Adele in UK artist albums sales this week but, with a deficit of fewer than 3,000 units to make up, the XL signing’s 21 could still make it a 16th week at number one.

 

Bush’s newly-released Director’s Cut, her first issued by the label Fish People via EMI, is aiming to become the singer’s first UK chart-topper since retrospective The Whole Story in 1986. Her last album Aerial peaked at number three in November 2005.

 

The album had sold 17,562 copies up to yesterday compared to 14,645 for Adele’s 21, which is currently one of three XL albums among the top five sellers. It is joined in third place by the newly-issued second Friendly Fires album Pala and 21’s predecessor 19 in fifth place, while the top five sellers is completed by Warner Music Entertainment’s Let Them Talk by Hugh Laurie at number four. The Laurie album debuted at two on last Sunday’s chart.

 

 

Bush looking to stop Adele's chart run

Tuesday May 17, 2011

 

By Paul Williams - Music Week

 

Kate Bush has taken an early lead over Adele in UK artist albums sales this week but, with a deficit of fewer than 3,000 units to make up, the XL signing’s 21 could still make it a 16th week at number one.

 

Bush’s newly-released Director’s Cut, her first issued by the label Fish People via EMI, is aiming to become the singer’s first UK chart-topper since retrospective The Whole Story in 1986. Her last album Aerial peaked at number three in November 2005.

 

The album had sold 17,562 copies up to yesterday compared to 14,645 for Adele’s 21, which is currently one of three XL albums among the top five sellers. It is joined in third place by the newly-issued second Friendly Fires album Pala and 21’s predecessor 19 in fifth place, while the top five sellers is completed by Warner Music Entertainment’s Let Them Talk by Hugh Laurie at number four. The Laurie album debuted at two on last Sunday’s chart.

 

This is in the first post already.

Lady Gaga could have 3 songs in the official top 10 this week??? Wow she's back with a bang and her album is going to be huge! Also BTW up another 10 places to #14!

 

21 off #1! But probably back by Sunday? Very close anyway. With Gaga's album out 23rd that will be #1 for weeks anyway I'm sure.

 

Give Me Everything for #1 :w00t:

Brilliant to see Fleetwood Mac's album in the top 30 :wub: Just gave it my first listen (thanks to Glee) and it's a brilliant album. So, so good.
Brilliant to see Fleetwood Mac's album in the top 30 :wub: Just gave it my first listen (thanks to Glee) and it's a brilliant album. So, so good.

 

I bought their Best Of last year and 10 of the 11 songs from Rumours are on it, so I've been acquainted with it for a while :D Aside from the songs on there though you should check out Little Lies and Everywhere if you don't know them already - two of the main reasons I bought the album actually :wub: Dreams is my favourite Fleetwood Mac song, I'm sure it's obvious why.

 

Strange, the older I get - the deeper back in time I seem to take my music searches, I just bought two '100 Hits: 80s' type compilations last week :lol: Although generally, anything pre-Abba I can't really seem to get on board with.

I bought their Best Of last year and 10 of the 11 songs from Rumours are on it, so I've been acquainted with it for a while :D Aside from the songs on there though you should check out Little Lies and Everywhere if you don't know them already - two of the main reasons I bought the album actually :wub: Dreams is my favourite Fleetwood Mac song, I'm sure it's obvious why.

 

Strange, the older I get - the deeper back in time I seem to take my music searches, I just bought two '100 Hits: 80s' type compilations last week :lol: Although generally, anything pre-Abba I can't really seem to get on board with.

'Little Lies' is amazing. :wub: I know that song as it's always playing at work same with 'Everywhere' actually, although I'm not too fussed about that, personally. From what I have heard though, 'Go Your Own Way', 'Little Lies' & 'Never Going Back Again' are my favourites. But they're all brilliant. I'm thinking of actually purchasing 'Rumours' myself. But I'll probably go for their Best Of if that's true about the whole 'Rumours' album being on there :lol:
I bought their Best Of last year and 10 of the 11 songs from Rumours are on it, so I've been acquainted with it for a while :D Aside from the songs on there though you should check out Little Lies and Everywhere if you don't know them already - two of the main reasons I bought the album actually :wub: Dreams is my favourite Fleetwood Mac song, I'm sure it's obvious why.

 

Strange, the older I get - the deeper back in time I seem to take my music searches, I just bought two '100 Hits: 80s' type compilations last week :lol: Although generally, anything pre-Abba I can't really seem to get on board with.

There was music before Abba you know :lol:

 

After all these years I still don't own a copy of Rumours :o

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.