October 6, 201313 yr Yippee!!!. I really didn't expect OneRepublic to get a #1 though, a few weeks back.
October 6, 201313 yr Fantastic for The Vamps to be at #2, shame it wasn't #1 but I think it was inevitable from Friday. Hope it can have some longevity now. :wub: I give them 3 weeks T40 max.
October 6, 201313 yr I was about to let you know about OneRep being number 1 on facebook :lol: :lol: I already knew - I (obviously) follow them on Twitter and they announced it at about half 6. So happy for them though! They're performing on Alan Carr next Friday so I wonder that might help them get a second week? *Crosses fingers*
October 6, 201313 yr Happy for One Republic at #1 this week. :D I'm interested to see the sales for CC for this week :)
October 6, 201313 yr Well, I can be thankful for Counting Stars for sparing us an even worse number 1, but that's pretty much as far as my praise for it goes. I do often mourn the fact that when the UK decides to properly get behind a guitar-based band, its almost always not that good :( Edited October 6, 201313 yr by Chez Wombat
October 6, 201313 yr It was a very close race for #1 single AND the #1 album! Both in the same week, this doesn't happen often does it?
October 6, 201313 yr So they thought CWD would be number one that much that they began to play it. Oops.
October 6, 201313 yr First time hearing this Vamps track, both this and Counting Stars are pretty forgettable to me but OneRepublic are probably the lesser of two evils.
October 6, 201313 yr :lol: I already knew - I (obviously) follow them on Twitter and they announced it at about half 6. So happy for them though! They're performing on Alan Carr next Friday so I wonder that might help them get a second week? *Crosses fingers* Thought you might've known from Twitter. No chance for week 2, with Miley Cyrus and Eminem already doing well on iTunes this week.
October 6, 201313 yr Great to see OneRepublic holding off The Vamps :o Counting Stars always had some crossover potential, but I definitely didn't see it as a future #1!
October 6, 201313 yr I don't think I've EVER seen such a false reaction from anyone when "The Vamps" found out for the first time (Yeah, right) that they were No 1. High fiving and wooping... when I bet as soon as they got outside, they were arranging for a hitman to bump off members of One Republic. Losers. Oh, and even Radio 1 couldn't believe it... they started playing the wrong song when No 1 was just announced :)
October 6, 201313 yr (1R to release If I Lose Myself vs. Alesso and get their 2nd #1 please) Yeah, can't wait to find out what single gets pushed next! If I Lose Myself isn't my preferred choice but probably has a decent chance.
October 6, 201313 yr No sign of "Walking On Air" in the Top 100 so it must have been deemed ineligible
October 6, 201313 yr Official Singles Chart UK Top 100 - 12th October 2013 96 NEW 8 http://a672.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Music/v4/a4/26/ce/a426ce44-1170-df17-bf6b-6a142fc1de3a/12UMGIM59888.60x60-50.jpg POUR IT UP RIHANNA (DEF JAM)
October 6, 201313 yr No sign of "Walking On Air" in the Top 100 so it must have been deemed ineligibleWithout knowing much of this rule, it's definitely peculiar...what if Walking On Air had sold enough to be, say, top 5?
Create an account or sign in to comment