January 18, 201511 yr If Mark holds on at No.1 and hits 100k again (it's possible) that will be 6 weeks in a row of 100k plus. When did that last happen? :o
January 18, 201511 yr I hope Jameela asks Hozier what it feels like to be ahead of the likes of Pharrell Williams and Demi Lovato :jameela:
January 18, 201511 yr Maybe I'm the only one but I prefer a lot Up to Wrapped Up (which was overrated imo)Nope, I completely agree!
January 18, 201511 yr If Mark holds on at No.1 and hits 100k again (it's possible) that will be 6 weeks in a row of 100k plus. When did that last happen? :o I think it was Bleeding Love (2007/8) Failing that, it was Umbrella 10 weeks :o :drama: :D Edited January 18, 201511 yr by SPINUMINATI ADAM
January 18, 201511 yr 03 05 20 Hozier Take Me To Church Hozier | 2014 http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music/v4/d3/5e/25/d35e2511-dfc4-7096-04ee-cbc8849b7a9a/14UMGIM08430.170x170-75.jpg Chart Run: 49-49-35-28-26-32-31-33-34-34-25-31-32-27-22-20-23-10-5-3 Release date: 23-03-2014 Format: digital single Label: Rubyworks Chart sales: 300k+ Sales only chart peak: 6 Streaming only chart peak: 3 Video here: MYSVMgRr6pw Biography Andrew Hozier-Byrne (born 17 March 1990), known simply as Hozier, is an Irish musician from Bray, County Wicklow. In 2013 he released his debut EP Take Me to Church and his second EP From Eden in 2014, with his debut studio album Hozier planned for release on 19 September 2014. - Wikipedia Chart history (Year peak title): 2014 03 Take Me To Church -1- Album Discussion Here
January 18, 201511 yr Failing that, it was Umbrella 10 weeks :o :drama: :D Umbrella never reached 100k in a week ;)
January 18, 201511 yr I think it was Bleeding Love (2007/8) Failing that, it was Umbrella :drama: :D I thought 'Umbrella' had quite low sales over her 10 weeks at No.1
January 18, 201511 yr Good to see 'Take Me To Church' in the Top 3. This is probably it's peak for now though.
January 18, 201511 yr Failing that, it was Umbrella 10 weeks :o :drama: :D Thats didn't even get 1 week of 100k sales.
January 18, 201511 yr Has this matched Imagine Dragons' record for peaking the latest into an unbroken top 75 run? IIRC 'Radioactive' also peaked in its 20th week. (This could still get higher as well). Updated the peak of this in the album chart post (as there isn't a second post this week I might as well just go do that now :P)
January 18, 201511 yr Umbrella never reached 100k in a week ;) I thought 'Umbrella' had quite low sales over her 10 weeks at No.1 Of course, what low sales they were! :o I was talking about the 6 week streak :teresa: But 6 weeks of 100k idk :lol: Edited January 18, 201511 yr by SPINUMINATI ADAM
January 18, 201511 yr Argh, Hozier just keeps outperforming my expectations. Hope it doesn't stop here either. This is actually a wonderful top 3 to send Jameela off with.
January 18, 201511 yr If Mark holds on at No.1 and hits 100k again (it's possible) that will be 6 weeks in a row of 100k plus. When did that last happen? :o Cher's "Believe" is the answer I believe :D
January 18, 201511 yr I bet Phillip George wishes he had released "Wish You Were Mine" some other time!
January 18, 201511 yr We were told at school that the tannoy would play music at lunchtime that was uplifting to wake us up a bit, and they played THIS :lol: not exactly feel-good! Oh well, I am into it though, and it's ascent up the chart has been wonderful to observe! ^_^
January 18, 201511 yr The first verse of 'Take Me To Church' sounds like it was roughly written using a rhyming dictionary.
January 18, 201511 yr Happy Top 3 to Hozier. I'm sure a few posters predicted it would be a big hit weeks ago when it was hovering up and down outside the Top 30. Just watched the video for the first time last week! Wow, pretty heavy!
January 18, 201511 yr This is slowly becoming tolerable again (I feel I've gone 720 on this track :lol:) The voice is still a bit shouty (hence I don't like the verses) but I REALLY like the middle part. Edited January 18, 201511 yr by Dobbo
Create an account or sign in to comment