Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 180
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2K not a very strong lead

already gone with today's Spotify's update for Saturday

Sophie's peak at No 2 for the second time in totally separate chart runs with the same song matches Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey" in 1968 and 1975. The only two Top 20 songs out of 14,305 to have done that, I think.
Making history, but the song slaps and really deserves it :cheeseblock: If Madonna released it, it woulda br a global massive no.1 back then
This should’ve been is it over now :tearsmile: 1989 tv was robbedddd with the rollout tbh. Where’s the music video?

 

Same place as the cruel summer one :lol:

Sophie's peak at No 2 for the second time in totally separate chart runs with the same song matches Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey" in 1968 and 1975. The only two Top 20 songs out of 14,305 to have done that, I think.

 

Madonna - Crazy For You

 

Sophie's peak at No 2 for the second time in totally separate chart runs with the same song matches Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey" in 1968 and 1975. The only two Top 20 songs out of 14,305 to have done that, I think.

 

Not really the same thing as I they weren't top 20, but that reminds me of Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3 and Gold Dust by DJ Fresh. They both got re-released and just peaked almost at the same position again. Which is OK if you're Bohemian Rhapsody but I think usually if they re-release a song they are hoping it will peak higher than the first time. :lol:

Hottest Record: Ariana Grande - yes, and?

 

Is the Sunday HR simply the tune of the weekend every week?

I believe we are starting to see some excitement back in the charts since the start of the streaming era. I’m loving the revival of older classics as well as deep cuts that are now being given their moment. Sometimes Tik Tok isn’t that bad at all when it comes to giving these viral moments.

 

Viral moments on tik tok are simply this charts era version of the Levi Ads helping songs into the chart from years ago!

Assuming the physicals haven’t been counted yet. I really think at this point it could go either way. Noah will make up ground as the week goes on, it all just depends how many physicals she sells

 

What are people seeing? She’s already falling on iTunes. YouTube numbers not strong. 3rd on Apple Music, not top 5 on Amazon music and 3rd on Spotify, how can she possibly get 1?

What are people seeing? She’s already falling on iTunes. YouTube numbers not strong. 3rd on Apple Music, not top 5 on Amazon music and 3rd on Spotify, how can she possibly get 1?

Well this time last year Lewis sold 30k physicals despite not even troubling the streaming Top 10 and beat Raye. Now I don’t think Ariana will shift 30k physicals but even 10-15k could make up the streaming deficit, so without knowing how many she will sell it is a lot harder to call. I’d still put my money on Noah if I had to though.

Sophie's peak at No 2 for the second time in totally separate chart runs with the same song matches Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey" in 1968 and 1975. The only two Top 20 songs out of 14,305 to have done that, I think.

 

Wham! ‘Last Christmas’

Mariah Carey, ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’

 

…or am I missing something?

 

Mariah achieved this 4 times before becoming number 1.

1994, 2017, 2018, 2019 - 3 consecutive years. Then the following year climbed again to 2 before reaching the top spot. Then again number 2 in 2023. So, in two different ways of looking at this, she achieved it 5 times.

 

Wham! achieved this 2 times before becoming number 1:

1984, 2017. Then like Mariah, in 2020/21 climbed to number 2 again before eventually reaching the top spot. Then peaked at numbee 2 again in 2021. So, in two different ways of looking at this, they achieved it 3 times.

You're missing that neither of those peaked at #2! (Although yes, 'Crazy For You' should count as well for peaking at #2 in 2 separate runs)
You're missing that neither of those peaked at #2! (Although yes, 'Crazy For You' should count as well for peaking at #2 in 2 separate runs)

 

Aha! I’d still argue that they peaked at number 2 in several separate chart runs - but even if that’s not what was intended, I offer these two songs up as an interesting footnote.

 

Ariana Grande has her work cut out to beat Noah Kahan.

She has her physicals which should be deployed from today

She has her physicals which should be deployed from today

 

Noah’s label might pull toward his CD and Vinyl release by a day if it’s close (they are due to be released on Friday).

Noah’s label might pull toward his CD and Vinyl release by a day if it’s close (they are due to be released on Friday).

If they are paying close attention to the chart this week they probably will do that, I’m just not sure if they’ll be closely following it or not

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.