May 25May 25 Thanks for running this Jade! Sorry I got slow on commenting when I was away last week but just caught up and loved all your commentaries, context and facts.Happy These Words managed a top five finish as I know Natasha can be quite divisive. I thought Crazy In Love would do a little better but it did get some low scores to drag it down.I adore Better The Devil You Know but in the context of this album it's fair that it's not top five, very strange inclusion indeed.Love the top two, both among the very best by these artists, that era from Anastacia was so good.
May 25May 25 9 hours ago, Viper* said:It will forever baffle me how the record label ever thought for a second that Don't Tell Me was a better choice for lead single, I genuinely think that MHE could have potentially had a number 1 if she followed up her massive debut album with this song that is very much on brand and suited to her uniquely.I was thinking the same thing! It's crazy how they considered 'Don't Tell Me' a more worthwhile lead single. It's by far and away my least favourite of hers ('Hello Kitty' not withstanding)I've changed my favourite Avril song a few times over the years but I think right now 'My Happy Ending' is my favourite, and also I'd say Under My Skin is her best album.
May 25May 25 I didn't know Don't Let Me Get Me was so well liked, I find it quite boring compared to her other hits of the time, sorry xFreak Like Me is obviously a huge classic and watershed moment for girl groups, one I've grown to appreciate more and more as I've got older rather than one I have a lot of nostalgia for, I'd have liked for My Happy Ending to win, but that's still a very good performance, one of my favourite pop-punk tracks from around the time and still one of her most mature and raw moments. and I can't argue with Left Outside Alone, not really a fan of her (don't kill me Toby x) but can't deny that one, a powerhouse of a performance. These Words also has a warm, nostalgic feel so a good top 4.Thanks Jade! Hoping the next one has generally better quality than this x
May 25May 25 'My Happy Ending' is fine as a runner-up, though personally I found all the singles from that album a step down from Avril's debut. However that's a convincing win for Anastacia, and fair enough as it's her best song, once the first few 11s came in there was nothing that could challenge it.Thanks Jade for running this, and for the brilliant commentaries!
May 26May 26 ‘Left Outside Alone’ is great! I definitely understand why it’s a huge favourite and it really baffles me how Anastacia was always a huge name everywhere but less so in the US, despite being American!Thanks for running this, Jade. I enjoy your commentaries and enjoy taking part in the rates!
May 26May 26 I gave the Top 2 both 10s behind “Crazy In Love” so can’t really complain, although I do think this format gives outlier bottom ratings a little too much weight.Thanks so much again Jade - beautifully presented!
May 26May 26 Don't let me get me , is such a tune deserved top 5 such a bopThese words , seems underrated considering its her only number 1 all her others seem bigger glad it finished top 4Freak like me is a tune but wouldnt of been in my personal top 5 My happy ending is one of avrils best deserved to be top 2I can never vote against antastia though her pipes on Left outside alone 😘👌 a worthy winner Almost perfect top 5 for me
May 26May 26 Strong top 3 to finish with. Definitely Anastacia's best song but I really liked that era of hers in general. 'My Happy Ending' is good and 'Freak Like Me' is of course brilliant. Another good job hosting Jade!
May 27May 27 Thanks for hosting this @Jade.Brilliant job as always.Does Pop Princess 3 share any of the same songs from vol 1 or 2?
May 27May 27 Author 1 minute ago, Paddington James said:Thanks for hosting this @Jade.Brilliant job as always.Does Pop Princess 3 share any of the same songs from vol 1 or 2?No problem and thank you for all the kind comments, this was fun to host once again 🫶Pop Princesses 3 has 19 new songs but 2 that have already appeared in the series (Holly Valance and JoJo), so I was thinking about doing a flash poll closer to the time to see if people wanted me to omit them, or keep them in for completeness
May 27May 27 How did they end up duplicating 2 songs - did someone on the editing team misspell the titles or something...("Kissy Kiss" and "Leaves (Get Out)" perhaps)
June 1Jun 1 Apols again for not posting as much in these results as in the first one, will try to stay more engaged for the last one (will help if there are a few more great songs on there hehe).Absolutely the correct winner though (despite being quite overplayed I don't think it's ever really got old for me) and wow my 11 having won both of these so far, will see if I can go 3 for 3! Not surprised at it winning really but I'm not sure I'd have predicted it to have that large of a margin over Avril/Sugababes! Avril got one of my highest scores as well, one of her best singles. Quite pleasantly surprised to see 'Don't Let Me Get Me' finishing so high, wouldn't have predicted it to do better than 'Get The Party Started'! 8th is outrageously low for 'Crazy In Love' but I guess that's what happens when it has a few very low scores to drag it down oop.Thanks again for running this and the great effort put into the commentaries once again <3
June 6Jun 6 Left Outside Alone is one of my top 5, possibly top 3 songs of all time, such a powerful track with one of the most interesting vocal deliveries of any pop hit I've heard, not to mention how much nostalgia it holds. So glad it's loved by others here as much as me!My Happy Ending is an amazing runner-up too, definitely my favourite of Avril's singles Thanks for running this Jade, so much fun to follow once again!
Create an account or sign in to comment