Jump to content

Featured Replies

1 Calvin Harris - Summer: I became bored of this at the time but it’s excellently crafted and sounds great now

2 Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version): a 7 minute dance track is brave but it works on me and is interesting all the way through

3 Gary Numan - I Die: You Die: this has a lovely riff and interesting lyrics

4 Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man: this is surprisingly raw but it gets very good towards the end

5 Sam Fender - Saturday: a well written pre breakthrough song

6 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises: a decent track and I enjoy the smoothness of the vocals

7 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me: the storytelling is quite nice but the vocals are very laboured

8 Mackenzy Mackay - London: this is surely a Sheeran parody, but has more entertainment value than those below

9 Tom Grennan - Before You: nicely sung but find the song bland

10 Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love: find this kind of dance pop a little formulaic

11 HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights: not keen on any aspect of this

  • Replies 86
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ElectroBoy
    ElectroBoy

    Ha Sam Smith nabbing a Calvin track!

  • 🎵 REEEEEDONE KAT DELUNAAAAA AAAND DARIN 🎵

  • ElectroBoy
    ElectroBoy

    He's released some new merch this week, so all the new fans on here can get hoodies/ tees in readiness for him winning

Posted Images

I am seeing far too much Gary Numan slander x

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Bror said:

I am seeing far too much Gary Numan slander x

kimkkw01.gif

24 minutes ago, Bror said:

I am seeing far too much HRVY slander x

Oh I completely agree x

01. Calvin Harris - Summer

02. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises

03. Sam Fender - Saturday

04. Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man

05. Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version)

06. Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love

07. Tom Grennan - Before You

08. Gary Numan - I Die: You Die

09. HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights

10. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

11. Mackenzy Mackay - London

Two Calvin Harris songs and both of them are massive, so they belong to be at the top. 🤭 Glad that the person behind Sam Smith went with that though. "Saturday" and "Woman Like a Man" were really good, while I like the production of the Roosevelt track. I couldn't watch the Darin music video due to a georestricted thing in the listen through session, as well as the one in the OP, but there's one available in his YouTube channel, so I'm wondering whether he uploaded two or not. Independently of that, the song is good and it reminds me of the RedOne late '00s / early '10s production, so it's not surprising that he produced the track. The rest of songs are fine, but "London" wasn't for me.

Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

Sam Smith - Promises

Tom Grennan - Before You

Damien Rice - Woman Like Man

Calvin Harris - Summer

Harvey - 1 Day 2 Nights

Darin - Breathing Your Love

Mackenzie Mackay - London

Sam Fender - Saturday

Gary Numan - I Die You Die

Roosevelt - Take Me Back

This was hard i liked every song

  1. Calvin Harris - Summer

  2. Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man

  3. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises

  4. Gary Numan - I Die: You Die

  5. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

  6. Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love

  7. Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version)

  8. Tom Grennan - Before You

  9. Sam Fender - Saturday

  10. HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights

  11. Mackenzy Mackay - London

12 hours ago, Bror said:

I am seeing far too much Gary Numan slander x

technically libel x

  1. Damien Rice - Woman Like A Man - knew this song from before. Have always enjoyed it, especially the ending section

  2. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me - glad this was a hit for him.

  3. HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights - great pop song. Don’t understand the hate

  4. (Calvin Harris) & Sam Smith - Promises - bit of an understated chorus but always enjoyed this

  5. Calvin Harris - Summer - good choice. His voice sounds great on it

  6. Mackenzy Mackay - I enjoyed this as a new discovery. Good to hear versatility from him - shame it looks like he’s going out (I defo feel like an alt voter in this competition sometimes!)

  7. Tom Grennan - love his voice on this, although it is a good album track at best for me

  8. Darin - liked this, although I really need more substance to his lyrics with future songs

  9. Sam Fender - another one that I liked but found largely forgettable

  10. Gary Numan - I Die You Die - an example of how I struggle with 80’s songs with heavy production

  11. Roosevelt - Take Me Back - I liked it when the lyrics kicked in but it took too long to get going

Also a question for the masses - why is Darin preferable to HRVY? At the moment I’m not seeing it - and the latter really seems to be struggling

1 minute ago, Herbs said:

Also a question for the masses - why is Darin preferable to HRVY? At the moment I’m not seeing it - and the latter really seems to be struggling

Voters just don't have taste! lulu

Edited by ElectroBoy

People are clearly feeling threatened by HRVY and his bangers, it's the only explanation that makes any sense.

  1. Sam Fender – Saturday

  2. Calvin Harris – Summer

  3. Darin feat. Kat DeLuna – Breathing Your Love

  4. Tom Grennan – Before You

  5. Damien Rice – Woman Like a Man

  6. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises

  7. Lewis Capaldi – Forget Me

  8. HRVY – 1 Day 2 Nights

  9. Gary Numan – I Die: You Die

  10. Roosevelt – Take Me Back (Midnight Version)

  11. Mackenzy Mackay – London

  1. Calvin Harris - Summer

  2. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises

  3. Gary Numan - I Die: You Die

  4. Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love

  5. Tom Grennan - Before You

  6. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

  7. Sam Fender - Saturday

  8. Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version)

  9. Mackenzy Mackay - London

  10. HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights

  11. Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man

wtf damien rice

01 Calvin Harris - Summer (Oh Summer, you'll always be that banger x)

02 Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love (I had never heard this before - what a bop! I'll be playing this again for sure)
03 HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights (The same goes... the pop boys have really delivered in this round)

04 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises (This is not one of my major fave Calvin Harris songs, but it probably is one of Sam's best #backhandedcompliment)

05 Sam Fender - Saturday (This is a very nice discovery. With every song I hear from him, I realise that I need to hear more. So... it's good thing he's in the Pop Factor!)

06 Tom Grennan - Before You (Another one I hadn't heard before - liked it a lot)

07 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (I think this is one of his best songs)

08 Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version)

09 Mackenzy Mackay - London

10 Gary Numan - I Die: You Die

11 Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man

By the way, me not commenting on the last 4 songs doesn't mean dislike heart I enjoyed the round.

  1. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises [favourite]

  2. Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man

  3. Gary Numan - I Die: You Die

  4. Calvin Harris - Summer

  5. Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version)

  6. HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights

  7. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

  8. Tom Grennan - Before You

  9. Mackenzy Mackay - London

  10. Sam Fender - Saturday

  11. Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love

1 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

2 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises

3 Calvin Harris - Summer

4 Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love

5 Gary Numan - I Die: You Die

6 Sam Fender - Saturday

7 Damien Rice - Woman Like Man

8 Tom Grennan - Before You

9 Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version)

10 HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights

11 Mackenzy Mackay - London

Looking at the votes, Mackenzy seems to be the one in trouble so HRVY should live to see another week and deliver us another banger!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.