Jump to content

Featured Replies

1 (fave) Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

2 Texas - I Don't Want A Lover

3 New Order - Age of Consent

4 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

5 Years & Years - All For You

6 M83 - Kim & Jessie

7 Ultravox - The Voice

8 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

9 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

10 Sade - Your Love is King

11 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

  • Replies 88
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Vengaboys sacrificing their place in the competition with a flop so they can triumphantly return in the live shows with all their bangers still to play

  • Personally I base it entirely on the song. It would feel like a hollow survival otherwise

  • I, too, am a law abiding citizen that has never broken a rule in anything in my life including this wonderful game of music and friendship.

Posted Images

  • Author
  1. Years & Years - All For You

  2. Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

  3. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

  4. Sade - Your Love is King

  5. New Order - Age of Consent

  6. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

  7. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

  8. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

  9. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

  10. Ultravox - The Voice

  11. M83 - Kim & Jessie

  1. Ultravox - The Voice (Outstanding, one of the best Ultravox songs)

  2. M83 - Kim & Jessie (This is some great synth-pop)

  3. New Order - Age of Consent (nice driving early New Order song)

  4. Texas - I Don't Want a Lover (This is a great one from Texas - one of their best)

  5. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again (very dreamy, love it)

  6. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line (that one is really nice - good britpop song)

  7. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites (like this more than the previous one)

  8. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) (this is OK, but the My Mine original is so much better)

  9. Years & Years - All For You (ok)

  10. Sade - Your Love is King (not for me)

  11. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) (thank you, next)

Ultravox The Voice is my favourite. 1981 and 1982 are great for upbeat and cool synth stuff like this before things became too poppy after that.

I like the Sade track too its very cool and jazzy.

01 Years & Years

02 Texas

03 iamamiwhoami

04 Vengaboys

05 Sade

06 Bananarama

07 M83

08 Ultravox

09 Fontaines DC

10 Depeche Mode

11 New Order

Yeah.....this group is not for me. LOVE that Years & Years song though.

1. Texas - I Don't Want a Lover - Best. cheer

2. Sade - Your Love is King

3. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

4. Years & Years - All For You

5. New Order - Age of Consent

6. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

7. Ultravox - The Voice

8. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

9. M83 - Kim & Jessie

10. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

11. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

01 Years & Years - All For You

02 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

03 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

04 Sade - Your Love is King

05 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

06 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

07 M83 - Kim & Jessie

08 Ultravox - The Voice

09 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

10 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

11 New Order - Age of Consent

  1. Years & Years - All For You

  2. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

  3. M83 - Kim & Jessie

  4. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

  5. New Order - Age of Consent

  6. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

  7. Texas - I Don't Wnat a Lover

  8. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

  9. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

  10. Ultravox - The Voice

  11. Sade - Your Love is King

  1. M83 - Kim & Jessie

  2. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

  3. Ultravox - The Voice

  4. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

  5. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

  6. New Order - Age of Consent

  7. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

  8. Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

  9. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

  10. Years & Years - All For You

  11. Sade - Your Love is King

'Kim & Jessie' may be one of the greatest songs ever - very much enjoying the Depeche Mode and Ultravox discographies so far too

Years & Years (favourite)

Texas

Ultravox

Iamamiwhoami

Bananarama

Fontaines DC

M83

Depeche Mode

Sade

New Order

Vengaboys (least favourite)

:/

1 Ultravox - The Voice: the way the tension builds in this is masterful

2 Sade - Your Love is King: a classic of its genre - love the vocals and the sax

3 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line: so much jangle and punch to this

4 M83 - Kim & Jessie: lovely storytelling and production

5 New Order - Age of Consent: a good example of their early style

6 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again: nice to have something recent from them; Dave does inevitably sound older but I love the synths towards the end

7 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites: I prefer “Play” but this is still a nice dreamy track

8 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover: a good debut hit and I like the twangy instrumental bits

9 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango): lacks a bit of sparkle

10 Years & Years - All For You: a forgettable late teenies offering

11 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back): sadly this doesn’t have any of the charm or creativity of the likes of “We Like To Party!”

1st Ultravox - The Voice another solid choice of song

2nd New Order - Age of Consent opening track from their best album, good song

3rd Texas - I Don't Want a Lover my favourite song by them and the only one I really like

4th Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again brave to choose a recent song when they have so many hits from the 80s/90s but it's a good one

5th Sade - Your Love Is King my favourite from this group as well from the ones I know

6th Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

7th M83 - Kim & Jessie

8th iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

9th Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

10th Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

11th Years & Years - All For You

01; Ultravox - The Voice

02; Sade - Your Love is King

03; M83 - Kim & Jessie

04; New Order - Age of Consent

05; iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

06; Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

07; Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

08; Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

09; Years & Years - All For You

10; Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

11; Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

Yeah, this category's still great x The Voice was a great discovery from the Synctube sessions and Your Love is King is one I'm quite fond as it was a real favourite of my parents, some great new finds from the next few as well.

I guess it's nice that the Vengaboys sound like they're having fun with that cover and...I'll leave it at that x

01. New Order - Age of Consent

02. Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

03. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

04. M83 - Kim & Jessie

05. Years & Years - All For You

06. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

07. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

08. Ultravox - The Voice

09. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

10. Sade - Your Love is King

11. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

I don't think I have to say to a lot here. The first two songs were good. "Jackie Down the Line" is also georestricted for me, but there's a music video working for me in their YouTube channel and I liked the track. And I don't wanna go back to 1999 after listening to the Vengaboys cover.

Fav

iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

New Order - Age of Consent

Ultravox - The Voice

M83 - Kim & Jessie

Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

Years & Years - All For You

Sade - Your Love is King

Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

Least fav

Yammywhammy’s song is very good although probably still not in the top 5 ever. New Order and Ultravox providing bawps, and I forgot about that M83 song - it’s sounding okay but a little bit dated nowadays. That bottom 3 was really boring unfortunately. Can we already pull the plug on Vengaboys? :’)

Found this one harder to rate as there's a batch of songs that give me similar vibes

  1. Sade - Your Love Is King - actually first came across this song because of Will Young's version for Bridge Jones: Edge of Reason soundtrack. Soulful, beautiful, just a great song for me

  2. Texas - I Don't Want A Lover - solid choice. Sharlene's voice sounds great on it and it's a bop

  3. Years & Years - All For You - a good pop song, the verse and bridge build nicely into the chorus, which feels elevated

  4. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) - is it a cheesy, unnecessary cover? Yes. Do I like it anyway? Yes

  5. Bananarama - Look On The Floor - liked this when it was first release, although found it didn't go past a few listens. That thought hasn't really changed for me

  6. Fontaines D.C - Jackie Down The Line - massively preferred this to their first entry. If the songs keep building like this they could become a fave of mine

  7. iamamiwhoami - Chasing Kites - Liked, especially the vocals, but found it slightly forgettable

  8. New Order - Age of Consent - don't think I'd ever heard this song before this week. Prefer to a lot of their songs that I know of. Nice build as the song progresses. Again though, wasn't bowled over by it

  9. Ultravox - The Voice - same as the last two songs.

  10. M83 - Kim & Jessie - same as the last three songs

  11. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again - same as the last four songs, but more forgettable for me

  1. Texas – I Don't Want a Lover

  2. New Order – Age of Consent

  3. Sade – Your Love is King

  4. M83 – Kim & Jessie

  5. Years & Years – All For You

  6. Depeche Mode – Ghosts Again

  7. Vengaboys – 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

  8. iamamiwhoami – chasing kites

  9. Ultravox – The Voice

  10. Bananarama – Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

  11. Fontaines D.C. – Jackie Down the Line

01 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover [fave]

02 Years & Years - All For You

03 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

04 New Order - Age of Consent

05 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

06 M83 - Kim & Jessie

07 Sade - Your Love is King

08 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

09 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

10 Ultravox - The Voice

11 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

On the whole I preferred this set of songs to Round 1!

  1. iamamiwhoami - chasing kites

  2. Years & Years - All For You (what happened to the mix on spotify????)

  3. M83 - Kim & Jessie

  4. Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again

  5. Sade - Your Love is King

  6. New Order - Age of Consent

  7. Ultravox - The Voice

  8. Texas - I Don't Want a Lover

  9. Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line

  10. Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)

  11. Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back)

vengaboys the flops x

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.