Posted September 23Sep 23 It's SoundClash!In this event we celebrate the one hit wonders of the 21st century so far.In each round, two songs will go head to head to come out on top, with each credited artist only having a single UK Top 40 hit to their name. In each case, you're voting for your favourite song. The winning songs will then go into a grand collection of one hit wonders to be voted for once the opening rounds are complete.These are the two songs going head to head this round;Divine Inspiration – The Way (Put Your Hand In My Hand) {#5, 2003} 🇬🇧Divine Inspiration were a British dance act best known for their Eurodance and vocal house sound achieved in 2003.Kent Jones – Don't Mind {#9, 2016} 🇺🇸Kent Jones is an American rapper, singer and producer from Tallahassee, Florida, blending hip-hop, R&B and Caribbean-inspired influences.You Decide!Here is what we have had so far in this series of SoundClash;Iglu & Hartly vs. ALMAVanessa Amorosi vs. Ten Walls
September 23Sep 23 Used to love Divine Inspiration, good piano dance and set in Brighton.Kent Jones is a no for me.
September 23Sep 23 I wouldn't even as generous as to say I don't mind that Kent Jones song, I absolutely hated it and forgot it existed until now.Wasn't sure what the Divine Inspiration song was until I just listened to it, and I do actually vaguely recall it and it's ok. So my vote goes to that by default...
September 23Sep 23 Divine Inspiration, and that period when trance came back a bit in 2023 to the UK chart should have been longer.
September 24Sep 24 Divine Inspiration though it is one I had only discovered through my mate in the past year as doubt I'd recall it before then. It's nice.The other one is mumbling crap oops.
September 24Sep 24 Ah, shoot. I missed the poll. I would probably pick 'Divine Intervention'* of the two.'Don't Mind' has kinda not aged well. 🤣Edit: 'The Way'. Must be too sleepy to have typed that. Oop Edited September 24Sep 24 by AllStarBySmashMouth
September 24Sep 24 Author 3 minutes ago, Jade said:It won't let me vote but definitely would've chosen Divine Inspiration!Strange. Please try now!
September 24Sep 24 Author 14 minutes ago, AllStarBySmashMouth said:Ah, shoot. I missed the poll. I would probably pick 'Divine Intervention' of the two.'Don't Mind' has kinda not aged well. 🤣Please try now! Someone may have accidentally closed it!
October 2Oct 2 Author It was Divine Inspiration for me because it was one of my favourite dance songs from 2003.
Create an account or sign in to comment