Jump to content

SoundClash: One Hit Wonders | #8 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote for your FAVOURITE one hit wonder

    • O-Zone – Dragostea Din Tei (Mi Ya Hi) {#3, 2004}
    • Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino – In My Mind {#5, 2018}

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Posted

It's SoundClash!

In this event we celebrate the one hit wonders of the 21st century so far.

In each round, two songs will go head to head to come out on top, with each credited artist only having a single UK Top 40 hit to their name. In each case, you're voting for your favourite song. The winning songs will then go into a grand collection of one hit wonders to be voted for once the opening rounds are complete.

These are the two songs going head to head this round;

O-Zone – Dragostea Din Tei (Mi Ya Hi) {#3, 2004} 🇲🇩

O-Zone were a Moldovan Eurodance trio consisting of Dan Bălan, Radu Sîrbu and Arsenie Todiraș. Their signature hit became one of the defining novelty dance hits of the early 2000s.

Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino – In My Mind {#5, 2018}  🇱🇹 

Dynoro is a Lithuanian DJ and electronic music producer whose 2018 collaboration with Gigi D’Agostino became a major European hit and topped charts in several countries.

You Decide!

Here is what we have had so far in this series of SoundClash;

Iglu & Hartly vs. ALMA

Vanessa Amorosi vs. Ten Walls

Divine Inspiration vs. Kent Jones

Newton Faulkner vs. Bridgit Mendler

Andreas Johnson vs. Nico & Vinz

DB Boulevard vs. Grace

Little Jackie vs. Wynter Gordon

  • Replies 15
  • Views 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I know O-Zone will walk this but personally I loved In My Mind. A long overdue hit for Gigi D'Agostino.

Very close but In My Mind has the edge slightly.

Hallo, salut, 'Dragostea Din Tei' gets my vote. Can't remember 'In My Mind' at all, whereas O-Zone is a classic!

(I've never seen credited with 'Mi Ya Hi' in brackets though, is that a new thing?)

Most difficult one so far but I've gone for 'In My Mind' - first time I've voted for the 2010s hit!

Do we get to see the winners of each round so far, or do they stay open indefinitely?

8 hours ago, Juranamo said:

Hallo, salut, 'Dragostea Din Tei' gets my vote. Can't remember 'In My Mind' at all, whereas O-Zone is a classic!

(I've never seen credited with 'Mi Ya Hi' in brackets though, is that a new thing?)

Yeah that's for the modern generation to find it easier to find in search engines etc.

I might have considered 'In My Mind' in the past but I got bored of slap house pretty quickly so the iconic 'Dragostea Din Tei' it is!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.