19 hours ago19 hr 'The Kill' is Jessie Ware's best song for me, very happy to see it getting an outing ❤️Can I... Get It???! @Summer FRUITS!!!!!
19 hours ago19 hr Author 24 minutes ago, Addy! said:I mean… you all got me hyped for that Leona track and I finally gave it a listen, but girl 😭 this sounds like it missed its connecting flight from 2010 and has been stuck in the terminal ever since lol!!!Obviously I will listen to it again in random order with other songs, but for now not impressed!!!Leona may have missed a flight in 2010 but the groups missed a horse and carriage x
19 hours ago19 hr 7 minutes ago, RobBot said:I mean, I will say that the early 2010s kinda feel like they’re “stuck in that era” as a whole, but if you have nostalgia for it, then it’s something you miss a lot. I imagine hearing it for the first time does have a note of dated to it though.I felt like that with Come Alive in the last round, that the dubstep hadn’t aged well because I’m not all that familiar with Glassheart but if you played me Hold It Against Me, I’d get my life to the same thing because I have nostalgia for it. I did listen to the Echo album quite a bit and Outta My Head in particular so I have a different attachment to that sound with it.I agree with that now, but I definitely didn’t have that mindset when I first listened to it, because I’d never heard the song before. And I think that makes a HUGE difference when there’s a nostalgia factor involved!!!I
19 hours ago19 hr YOU AIN’T SLICK, @Scene I KNEW (& hoped) YOU WERE OUTTA YOUR HEAD!!!My 2 cents, this is a “should’ve been single” so for me, if it sounds of it’s time… then that doesn’t bother me so much in the context of things in this round tbh.I haven’t yet heard the Kate Bush song but would that still be a hit a few years after, outside her peak? I doubt it. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have made a great single choice/is a good song etc..TFJ will get it’s moment… but ‘Teen Idle’ is a great choice too.
18 hours ago18 hr 9 minutes ago, Tafty said:YOU AIN’T SLICK, @Scene I KNEW (& hoped) YOU WERE OUTTA YOUR HEAD!!!My 2 cents, this is a “should’ve been single” so for me, if it sounds of it’s time… then that doesn’t bother me so much in the context of things in this round tbh.I haven’t yet heard the Kate Bush song but would that still be a hit a few years after, outside her peak? I doubt it. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have made a great single choice/is a good song etc..TFJ will get it’s moment… but ‘Teen Idle’ is a great choice too.I think you might be misunderstanding my point a little (though you've liked my post, so maybe you haven't and this post is for nothing xx).Obviously songs sent from past eras are going to sound "of their time", the 80s synth pop songs in the groups obviously do. I'm more meaning that the 2010s aren't that long ago, so if you haven't heard songs from that time already (as Addy hadn't with Outta My Head) then I could understand that Only Girl In The World dance-pop sound feeling like it hasn't aged the best yet.But I'd imagine a lot of voters WILL know and be familiar with Outta My Head (like myself) and will therefore have fond memories of it, so the familiarity will help it to mean that "how well it's aged" does feel positively nostalgic. It's obviously the best choice for Leona, I don't think anyone could deny that and it SHOULD'VE been a single for sure.
18 hours ago18 hr 36 minutes ago, Bror said:'The Kill' is Jessie Ware's best song for me, very happy to see it getting an outing ❤️Can I... Get It???! @Summer FRUITS!!!!!She asked to get ... a hit?! But got a flop instesd :(But might finally get a HIT in this COMPETITION!!! As she is over in thr chartsLeona shoulda released Outta Ma Head as first single!!!!Why am I not in thid competition btw????
18 hours ago18 hr 23 minutes ago, Tafty said:YOU AIN’T SLICK, @Scene I KNEW (& hoped) YOU WERE OUTTA YOUR HEAD!!!My 2 cents, this is a “should’ve been single” so for me, if it sounds of it’s time… then that doesn’t bother me so much in the context of things in this round tbh.I haven’t yet heard the Kate Bush song but would that still be a hit a few years after, outside her peak? I doubt it. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have made a great single choice/is a good song etc..TFJ will get it’s moment… but ‘Teen Idle’ is a great choice too.I’m actually Tom.
18 hours ago18 hr Omg one of my all time fave Marina songs, solidified by that one time she thought it was appropriate to sing it in front of a group of children at their school 😭
4 hours ago4 hr 01= Leona Lewis - Outta My Head (fave)02 = Jessie Ware - The Kill03 = Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights04 = Agnes - Loaded05 = Adele - Can I Get It06 = Robyn - Time Machine07 = Kate Bush - Reaching Out08 = MARINA - Teen Idle09 = Dido - Mary’s in India10 = Zara Larsson - Blue Moon Leona an easy 1st place here, this is making me realise I like more of her songs than I realised! Jessie, Sophie and Agnes were good picks too and Adele and Robyn were decent too. Kate and Marina I thought were ok, but not as strong as the top 6. The bottom 2 I wasn’t massively keen on; I was actually thinking about other Dido album tracks and was thinking ‘Slide’ would be good, but then I just listened to it and it wasn’t actually as good as I remembered it being (oops). I think this series is making me realise that I’m just not really a Zara fan; some of her features are good though (Symphony, Never Forgot You etc).
2 hours ago2 hr 01 Jessie Ware - The Kill 🩸02 Kate Bush - Reaching Out03 MARINA - Teen Idle04 Robyn - Time Machine05 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon06 Adele - Can I Get It07 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head08 Agnes - Loaded09 Dido - Mary’s in India10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lightsthat MARINA song took me straight back to browsing 'soft grunge' Tumblr blogs in around 2012-14, the nostalgia
2 hours ago2 hr Here’s the AM playlist with all the songs this week. MISSING: Texas :( Apple Music – Webplayer„The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcel...Playlist · 29 Titel
2 hours ago2 hr 01 leona lewis outta my head02 Kate bush reaching out03 adele can I get it04 robyn time machine05 Sophie Ellis bexter new York city lights06 Agnes loaded07 dido Mary's in India08 marina teen idle09 jessie where the kill10 zara larsson blue moon Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by 777666jason
1 hour ago1 hr This round i enjoyed all but one song!! Can certainly see why they should have been singles. Going to listen again tho.
1 hour ago1 hr Robyn - Time Machine (oh how I love this, reminds me of very happy memories of that time and unusual for a big poppy Max Martin co-write to not be a single)Leona Lewis - Outta My Head (speaking of which, what did Max do the pop females around 2010 that prevented his bangers from being singles? I think nearly every Leona fan wanted this to be a single, to show a different side to her, and while it sounds dated now, at the time it was in keeping with the charts and sounded great)MARINA - Teen Idle (it is very difficult to go wrong with Marina's first two albums, they are just wonderful – fantastic production, vocals and lyrics as ever)Agnes - Loaded (has some real You Oughta Know vibes to this, pleased to see Veritas get an outing too!)Adele - Can I Get It (I think I only ever listened to 30 once or twice and this is an inspired choice for the round as 21 has so many classics that weren't singles - it was refreshing to hear this again actually and to hear a strong higher tempo single from Adele. That whistling hook sounds like something radio would have loved so maybe it should have been a single)Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights (Trip The Light Fantastic could be mined forever for this competition, one of the album tracks (Love Is Here) even topped my personal chart at the time. The chorus melody of this one always reminded me of 'What will we do with a drunken sailor?'! It was a great album track though)Zara Larsson - Blue Moon (solid track from Zara's latest album, which was a good one)Jessie Ware - The Kill (I recall liking this when I heard the album but wasn't as enamoured with it today, very slick production though)Dido - Mary’s in India (pretty nice music and good storytelling)Kate Bush - Reaching Out (decent too - strong round)
24 minutes ago24 min Already worried for Dido, and that’s a beautiful song choice for her Also - why is Marina not getting top spot in everyone’s rankings?!
Create an account or sign in to comment