Jump to content

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Scene said:

The Buzzjack Factor sounds a little corny ngl. lol

How about the BJ Factor then? Oh wait, that sounds like something completely different kink

  • Replies 154
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I think it’s clear there will always be two factions - those that love all out pop and will always be more inclined to gravitate towards it with the same going for those that do have more alt-leaning

  • I had an initial run though of the boys earlier on and my initial thoughts when Darin came on can be summed up perfectly below:

  • Do you really think I’m THAT basic? Don’t answer that

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Herbs said:

Kesha would have looooooved that……

This place wouldn’t be the only thing about to blow kink

  1. Damien Rice - Amie

  2. Roosevelt - Forget

  3. Darin - Om du var min

  4. Gary Numan - M.E.

  5. HRVY - Never Be Us

  6. Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

  7. Tom Grennan - If Only

  8. Sam Fender - The Treadmill

  9. Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

  10. Sam Smith - Lose You

good shouts from lewis capaldi and HRVY this round, very glad to see nice tunes from Roosevelt, Darin and Gary Numan, loved Damien Rice's turn here.

as a round where I didn't know anything before, definitely looking for things with a bit of oomph and fun/emotions from this category as I'm often a bit apprehensive about male pop. Though of course this depends on artist strengths, regardless of genre, though it's great that we're a little loose here (especially as artist discographies I know well are less likely to be straight-up pop).

Pop music by definition is whatever is popular, I don't see an issue with what's been sent on that front although I think the DJ loophole is a bit iffy, at least in this one where it's meant to be European artists but you can have non-European vocalist or even a woman so you're not really sending something representative of your category 😅

3 minutes ago, Lindsey. said:

Pop music by definition is whatever is popular

So should the Buzzjack categories in the forum be disbanded then?

What’s the point of a pop/ country sub forum if anything can be pop?

Edited by ElectroBoy

Just now, ElectroBoy said:

So should the Buzzjack categories in the forum be disbanded then?

What’s the point of a pop/ country sub forum if anything can be pop?

There's always been cross-over but pop music generally is what's going to have the most cross appeal, what's gonna chart etc. Obviously there's unknown pop artists as well but you can usually liken their style to someone with wider appeal. I guess it's why you have hybrid genre brackets like pop-rock, indie-pop, dance-pop etc - it's just a more "palatable" version of the other label it's joined with.

  1. Sam Smith - Lose You [favourite]

  2. Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

  3. Darin - Om du var min

  4. HRVY - Never Be Us

  5. Tom Grennan - If Only

  6. Roosevelt - Forget

  7. Gary Numan - M.E.

  8. Damien Rice - Amie

  9. Sam Fender - The Treadmill

  10. Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

1 hour ago, Lindsey. said:

Pop music by definition is whatever is popular

1 hour ago, ElectroBoy said:

So should the Buzzjack categories in the forum be disbanded then?

What’s the point of a pop/ country sub forum if anything can be pop?

Yeah, I agree with this. The word "pop" may have originally been a shortened version of "popular" but its meaning has evolved over the years. Oasis are certainly popular but I don't think anybody would call them pop! On the other hand, HRVY makes pop music but he's arguably not very popular kink

Edited by Mangø

FAVE

1 - Sam Fender - The Treadmill

2 - Tom Grennan - If Only

3 - Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

4 - Sam Smith - Lose You

5 - Gary Numan - M.E.

6 - Darin - Om du var min

7 - Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

8 - Damien Rice - Amie

9 - HRVY - Never Be Us

10 - Roosevelt - Forget

LEAST FAVE

  • Author
  1. HRVY - Never Be Us

  2. Sam Fender - The Treadmill

  3. Sam Smith - Lose You

  4. Tom Grennan - If Only

  5. Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

  6. Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

  7. Darin - Om du var min

  8. Roosevelt - Forget

  9. Gary Numan - M.E.

  10. Damien Rice - Amie

1 hour ago, Calum said:
  1. HRVY - Never Be Us

  2. Sam Fender - The Treadmill

  3. Sam Smith - Lose You

  4. Tom Grennan - If Only

  5. Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

  6. Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

  7. Darin - Om du var min

  8. Roosevelt - Forget

  9. Gary Numan - M.E.

  10. Damien Rice - Amie

Voting so late to rig the scores in HRVY's favour? kink

22 hours ago, Mangø said:

How about the BJ Factor then? Oh wait, that sounds like something completely different kink

I'm just catching up but... when are the entries for this opening please? happy

1 minute ago, Viper* said:

Voting so late to rig the scores in HRVY's favour? kink

I think HRVY is more than safe

I’d have said the battle to go is between Calvin, Tom, Lewis and Damien. Expect the latter to go with the pure pop fans putting him bottom in all of their rankings

The gays won’t be happy if Tom leaves us this soon.

(Especially myself as I’m his mentor obvs gaga)

  1. Gary Numan - M.E.

  2. Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

  3. Damien Rice - Amie

  4. Roosevelt - Forget

  5. Sam Fender - The Treadmill

  6. Darin - Om du var min

  7. Sam Smith - Lose You

  8. HRVY - Never Be Us

  9. Tom Grennan - If Only

  10. Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

33 minutes ago, Herbs said:

I think HRVY is more than safe

I’d have said the battle to go is between Calvin, Tom, Lewis and Damien. Expect the latter to go with the pure pop fans putting him bottom in all of their rankings

Nah I’m sure Damien/ Gary will be fine - viva la Rock, Indie, Alternative Factor!

1 hour ago, Viper* said:

I'm just catching up but... when are the entries for this opening please? happy

I believe @Lee_J11 and @Spiceboy are handling that particular contest as I've heard they're the experts kink

Edited by Mangø

01; Gary Numan – M.E.

02; Damien Rice – Amie

03; Roosevelt - Forget

04; Sam Smith - Lose You

05; Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

06; Tom Grennan - If Only

07; Darin - Om du var min

08; Sam Fender - The Treadmill

09; Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

10; HRVY - Never Be Us

I do hope Damien's not at risk, that was my favourite I've heard from him so far.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.