Jump to content

Featured Replies

01 Texas - Like Lovers (Holding On) [favourite]
02 Years & Years - Ties

03 Sade - Pearls

04 Bananarama - Bad For Me

05 iamamiwhoami - shadowshow

06 Fontaines D.C. - Sundowner

07 Depeche Mode - Photographic
08 M83 - Lower Your Eyelids to Die With the Sun

09 Ultravox - Accent on Youth

10 New Order - Love Vigilantes

01 I'd never heard that Texas song before - it's so good! A shame that it's not on streaming.
02 It's been 10 years since I've listened to the majority of Years & Years - 'Communion'. 'Ties' is a really solid pick from it!
03 I think this contest is slowly but surely getting me into Sade, an artist I've never really given attention to before. Very classy and nice to listen to.
04 Quite a bop from Bananarama, and I totally get the comparison to Madonna - Holiday.
05 iamamiwhoami is another discovery for me thanks to The Pop Factor. I'm liking what has been sent from them so far.
06 For my personal tastes, this is way more like it from Fontaines D.C. - looking forward to hearing more.
07 Catchy song from Depeche Mode, possibly my favourite that I've heard by them in this contest.
08 M83's entry was lovely to listen to for a little less than half of the run time, but my attention drifted as it went on.
09-10 Ultravox and New Order are not so much my cup of tea this week, not bad by any means though, and I'm always interested to hear more and see if something else clicks. I already know and like the two obvious songs from them - Vienna and Blue Monday!

  • Replies 68
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 Bananarama - Bad For Me · I grew up to Bananarama and Wow is one of my favourite albums of the 80s so there was never any doubt that this was gonna top my votes, thank you to whoever sent them!!

2 Years & Years - Ties · This is decent, even if Gold would have been my pick from Communion.

3 iamamiwhoami - shadowshow · Definitely the best of the three songs they've sent so far.

4 New Order - Love Vigilantes · Nice production again, very typical of their sound, but not quite up there with the quality of their hit singles that I'm more familiar with.

5 Texas - Like Lovers (Holding On) · Awww I wanted something from Red Book! I see this was the B-side to 'In Demand', so kudos to whoever sent it for actually going with a B-side rather than an album track. Not a bad track but unfortunately, I wanted to like it more than I did.

6 Depeche Mode - Photographic · They've always been a big singles band for me so I'm looking forward to their big hitters in the coming rounds.

7 Sade - Pearls · I've always loved her voice but this song kinda went nowhere.

8 Fontaines D.C. - Sundowner · Turns out I didn't like this quite as much as I remembered liking it, if that makes sense. Hoping my favourites from them are coming up though!

9 Ultravox - Accent on Youth · This was OK but not especially memorable.

10 M83 - Lower Your Eyelids to Die With the Sun · Yeah I'm one of these people who just doesn't have the attention/patience span for a 10 minute song, though even in a shorter edit this wouldn't have done much for me, sorry!

19 minutes ago, Mangø said:

2 Years & Years - Ties · This is decent, even if Gold would have been my pick from Communion.

Gold is a banger!

01 Years & Years - Ties

02 M83 - Lower Your Eyelids to Die With the Sun

03 Depeche Mode - Photographic

04 iamamiwhoami - shadowshow

05 Ultravox - Accent on Youth

06 Bananarama - Bad For Me

07 Texas - Like Lovers (Holding On)

08 Sade - Pearls

09 Fontaines D.C. - Sundowner

10 New Order - Love Vigilantes

01. Years & Years - Ties

02. Depeche Mode - Photographic

03. iamamiwhoami - shadowshow

04. Fontaines D.C. - Sunowner

05. Texas - Like Lovers (Holding On)

06. Sade - Pearls

07. M83 - Lower Your Eyelids to Die With the Sun

08. Ultravox - Accent on Youth

09. New Order - Love Vigilantes

10. Bananarama - Bad For Me

"Ties" was an amazing pick. The rest of tracks were good to be honest. "Lower Your Eyelids to Die With the Sun" was kind of odd, but I felt it kept going and going without reaching a point. It wasn't bad, but it was a bit risky in my opinion.

  1. Ultravox - Accent on Youth

  2. New Order - Love Vigilantes

  3. Years & Years - Ties

  4. Texas - Like Lovers (Holding On)

  5. M83 - Lower Your Eyelids to Die With the Sun

  6. Depeche Mode - Photographic

  7. Sade - Pearls

  8. iamamiwhoami - shadowshow

  9. Fontaines D.C. - Sundowner

  10. Bananarama - Bad For Me

Enjoyed Ultravox, New Order and Years & Years

Texas pretty good, M83 surprisingly good but not something I’d chose to listen too regularly.

Depece Mode, Sade and iamamiwhoami all pretty decent.

Not feeling Fontaines or Bananarama

  1. Bananarama - Bad For Me

  2. Years & Years - Ties

  3. Texas - Like Lovers

  4. Iamamiwhoami - shadowshow

  5. New Order - Love Vigilantes

  6. Sade - Pearls

  7. Fontaines D.C - Sundowner

  8. Ultravox - Accent On Youth

  9. Depeche Mode - Photographic

  10. M83 - Lower Your Eyelids

Was intrigued by this set of songs but tbh none of them have wowed me/I can’t see myself listening to any of them again

1 Fontaines D.C.

2 Depeche Mode

3 Ultravox

4 New Order

5 Sade

6 iamamiwhoami

7 Bananarama

8 Texas

9 M8 I forgot who the other act on the list was lol!

10 Years & Years

jump This continues to be by far the best category don't @ me. Great picks again from Fontaines and all of the new wave trio, lovely discovery from Sade and I liked all of 6-8 a good amount too, they'd all have ranked higher among either of the solo categories. Last 2 are also not bad. x

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.