Jump to content

SoundClash: One Hit Wonders | #9 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote for your FAVOURITE one hit wonder

    • The Bravery – An Honest Mistake {#7, 2005}
    • Alex Clare – Too Close {#4, 2012}

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Posted

It's SoundClash!

In this event we celebrate the one hit wonders of the 21st century so far.

In each round, two songs will go head to head to come out on top, with each credited artist only having a single UK Top 40 hit to their name. In each case, you're voting for your favourite song. The winning songs will then go into a grand collection of one hit wonders to be voted for once the opening rounds are complete.

These are the two songs going head to head this round;

The Bravery – An Honest Mistake {#7, 2005} 🇺🇸 

The Bravery were an American rock band from New York City, known for their energetic blend of alternative rock, post-punk and new wave influences.

Alex Clare – Too Close {#4, 2012} 🇬🇧 

Alex Clare is an English singer-songwriter known for blending alternative rock, soul, blues and electronic music.

You Decide!

Here is what we have had so far in this series of SoundClash;

Iglu & Hartly vs. ALMA

Vanessa Amorosi vs. Ten Walls

Divine Inspiration vs. Kent Jones

Newton Faulkner vs. Bridgit Mendler

Andreas Johnson vs. Nico & Vinz

DB Boulevard vs. Grace

Little Jackie vs. Wynter Gordon

O-Zone vs. Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino

  • Replies 13
  • Views 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wynter Gordon the only winner for the 2010s so far - all the other polls have the 2000s song considerably ahead... and this one's going the same way, an easy vote to The Bravery from me.

Voted for Too Close the dubstep element of the production makes it a considerably more interesting version of the Teddy Swims - Lose Control type sound we had this decade.

But I like The Bravery track.

Well, that's a song I completely forgot existed... I remember the name The Bravery, but I would never have been able to name a song by them despite this sounding like exactly the sort of thing I'd have lapped up in my mid-teens! (I lapped up anything by any indie band basically... Especially the most upbeat ones, making me even more surprised I can't recall this one 😮)

I guess if there really was any merit for the term landfill indie this is it, because that got completely lost in the shuffle for me - I guess there really were too many indie bands out there at the time! I'm pretty sure I will have heard it at the time, but my best guess is that I didn't have my friend illegally download this one for me (maybe he couldn't find it?) and so it just got lost to history as other indie songs hogged radio airplay/it never found its way to my headphones!

I've always actually quite enjoyed 'Too Close', but here is a rare occasion of me being taken by a song immediately that somehow got lost in time, so I'm voting for 'An Honest Mistake' (which I've also added to my streaming library!)

'An Honest Mistake' is my sixth favourite song of the entire 2000s so an easy vote for me here wub

'Too Close' is great as well so unlucky to be up against The Bravery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.