Jump to content

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, pop enthusiast said:

Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by that. Same applies to The Rolling Stones - Mr Charm, yes there's a new video out for it but the song was on the album released a while back. Feel like a new release thread should only include new releases not album tracks being pushed as singles.

I don't include album tracks. These have both been released as singles

  • Replies 93
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • That doesn’t seem to stop Taylor from releasing horrors all year round

  • JosephStyles
    JosephStyles

    There's really no need for this tone towards another member, particularly when they devote a lot of time to providing a valuable resource.

  • 'Stop The Wedding!' is up to a new peak of #5 on Spotify today. I hope that can keep going and be a future #1!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ManicKangaroo said:

I don't include album tracks. These have both been released as singles

In this day and age that approach seems completely outdated as their still album tracks even if they're being dressed up as singles for no good reason but you do you. It's bizarre to include months old songs in a list of New Releases just because the record label wants to usually unsuccessfully promote them as singles. To me a new release is a song released on that day and hasn't been available elsewhere but if your definition includes old tracks you do you - it's your thread.

3 hours ago, Lee_J11 said:

That doesn’t seem to stop Taylor from releasing horrors all year round kink

Id quite gladly take a halloween Taylor track, whos afraid of little old me should of a been a huge hit 🙄

17 minutes ago, pop enthusiast said:

In this day and age that approach seems completely outdated as their still album tracks even if they're being dressed up as singles for no good reason but you do you. It's bizarre to include months old songs in a list of New Releases just because the record label wants to usually unsuccessfully promote them as singles. To me a new release is a song released on that day and hasn't been available elsewhere but if your definition includes old tracks you do you - it's your thread.

Thanks for your permission

I only report the singles that have been released, which has always been the purpose of the New Release Schedule. I suspect if you asked others on the forum they would prefer them to be listed but you are entitled to your opinion.

2 hours ago, DanielCarey said:

New peaks on Spotify today:

#5 Jamie Miller - Babydoll

#48 Fontaines D.C. - Tongue

Both versions of Babydoll are #1 combined.

No, Babydoll was combined today hence why the gain. It also debuted on US/global Spotify because of this

2 hours ago, DanielCarey said:

New peaks on Spotify today:

#48 Fontaines D.C. - Tongue

About an England cricket player?

2 hours ago, Jade said:

This ‘80s chart topper is also a new entry today:

ne 150 Philip Bailey, Phil Collins - Easy Lover

Out of all the 80s Phil Collins hits definitely one of the better ones.

 

2 hours ago, DanielCarey said:

Both versions of Babydoll are #1 combined.

They are different songs Dominic Fike and Jamie Miller!

27 minutes ago, ManicKangaroo said:

Thanks for your permission

I only report the singles that have been released, which has always been the purpose of the New Release Schedule. I suspect if you asked others on the forum they would prefer them to be listed but you are entitled to your opinion.

Hold back with the sarcasm.

I think we're on different planets here, in the streaming age a track being pushed a single after album release means absolutely nothing - if it was going to do anything streaming wise it would have done it during album release. But as I said, do what you want as weird as it is.

Hope Noah gets a decent debut and holds up well this week, would love to see him get another top 10.

Just now, pop enthusiast said:

Hold back with the sarcasm.

I think we're on different planets here, in the streaming age a track being pushed a single after album release means absolutely nothing - if it was going to do anything streaming wise it would have done it during album release. But as I said, do what you want as weird as it is.

There's really no need for this tone towards another member, particularly when they devote a lot of time to providing a valuable resource.

2 minutes ago, JosephStyles said:

There's really no need for this tone towards another member, particularly when they devote a lot of time to providing a valuable resource.

I'm just expressing an opinion, that's all. There was no "tone" intended.

Just now, pop enthusiast said:

I'm just expressing an opinion, that's all. There was no "tone" intended.

Time and place, though.

N Dubz back catalogue may get a minor boost they have just announced a reunion tour titled The legacy tour

1 hour ago, pop enthusiast said:

Hold back with the sarcasm.

I think we're on different planets here, in the streaming age a track being pushed a single after album release means absolutely nothing - if it was going to do anything streaming wise it would have done it during album release. But as I said, do what you want as weird as it is.

Opalite and Rein Me In were both post-album singles that reached #1 this year though? Most of them don't reach new peaks anymore, but some do. And you have ones like Levitating, Save Your Tears, Watermelon Sugar, Perfect, etc, which did really well in the streaming era. And loads of others which don't reach new peaks but hang around a lot longer in the charts than they otherwise would have due to the extra playlisting, music video, etc, that comes with being a single.

I'd also add that most new releases in general don't chart but does that make them meaningless failures that aren't worth acknowledging? Absolutely not. Often times it sets up the foundation for future slow burning success that we can't really quantify because it's subtle and compounding. Even if it's not that, who cares? Music releases of any stature can be a great talking point for any number of reasons, and a source of great enthusiasm for many. I've seen enough live shows by bands and artists who have never been close to the charts who still get an uproarious reception because we're all individuals, not a collective mass who only care when the whole country/world does.

Up 73 places in like 9 hours so this lawsuit is actually boosting its streams 😭

IMG_7512.jpeg

15 hours ago, pop enthusiast said:

I'm just expressing an opinion, that's all. There was no "tone" intended.

No - your comments have been very rude and patronising. You might not realise that, but that’s how they have come across to the other members of the group.

53 minutes ago, blackmascara said:

Up 73 places in like 9 hours so this lawsuit is actually boosting its streams 😭

IMG_7512.jpeg

semi off-topic here but this is another reminder that the Blurred Lines lawsuit did irreperable damage to the music industry by enabling the estates of deceased legendary artists to get sue-happy to get cheap paychecks - as much as I may dislike Ed Sheeran, I am very happy that he won against the Gaye estate's "plagiarism" lawsuit a few years ago because if a precedent was set that you could win based solely off of effectively just "similar vibes" then jfc...

also Thriller's already at #119 - could it end up going #1 on Halloween week thanks to the Michael film boost?

Edited by maggotsforbrains

8 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

also Thriller's already at #119 - could it end up going #1 on Halloween week thanks to the Michael film boost?

Assuming it gets a reset it could happen! Sales are low + it'll get bigger streams from Halloween being on Saturday instead of Friday

1 hour ago, GreyAsh said:

No - your comments have been very rude and patronising. You might not realise that, but that’s how they have come across to the other members of the group.

No they haven't. I do wonder how certain people on this site function in the real world at times!!

17 hours ago, TheSnake said:

They are different songs Dominic Fike and Jamie Miller!

He means the Antonio Cipriano duet version, though I don't think they have been combined. It's just been removed from Jamie Miller's artist page.

Edited by AcerBen

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1