Jump to content

Featured Replies

New peaks on Spotify today:

#1 Ashe - Stop The Wedding!

#73 Kings Of Leon - Wait For Me

#154 DJ Goja, Jason Derulo & Melody - Mi Chico

  • Replies 141
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Lee_J11
    Lee_J11

    That doesn’t seem to stop Taylor from releasing horrors all year round

  • JosephStyles
    JosephStyles

    There's really no need for this tone towards another member, particularly when they devote a lot of time to providing a valuable resource.

  • Gonna rename ‘Stop The Wedding’ to ‘Stop The Babydoll Monstrosity’ from here on out tbh

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Bror said:

At least there was 'Aperture' to give us one week of something slightly more "experimental" at #1 this year (although I don't greatly care for it myself).

This (and Dave) were my reason for using the start of Rein Me In’s run as a marker point. Not that Dave is experimental but it’s MOR pop.

13 minutes ago, Scone1 said:

History is cluttered with mediocre songs being successful nothing has changed

I would say it has changed. I would say this past couple of years, the number 1 spot has been saturated with songs that are not particularly exciting - more so than any other year.

I wasn’t keen on the era when Drake was at his height - but I would say that was more to do with my personal taste. To be honest - I quite like a lot of the biggest singles from the past 18 months, but I don’t think many of them have been particularly exciting.

Amazing for Ashe!

Seems to be all the new Taylor songs besides Patient Zero have plummeted on Spotify, with Cleveland! now the lowest of the 4.

My hate for Babydoll is a cumulative thing. Yes I dislike it as a song, but plenty of songs I've disliked in the past have made #1.

What I hate is that almost every #1 this last year or two has been from a mid poppy sort of bracket that represents a small fraction of the musical spectrum (Babydoll coming after Choosing Texas, RMI, Ordinary, I Knew You..., MIN, Stick Season etc)

Where's the dance / indie / rap / ballad etc #1s? There used to be so much more variety in what would chart high.

Ashe's song is at least quite interesting so I hope she beats Babydoll

59 minutes ago, Bror said:

At least there was 'Aperture' to give us one week of something slightly more "experimental" at #1 this year (although I don't greatly care for it myself).

I've just seen Bror made basically the same point an hour before me!

3 minutes ago, rio309 said:

I've just seen Bror made basically the same point an hour before me!

I’d also say that ‘Where Is My Husband’ is unique. Though still palatable to a broad range of music listeners.

3 hours ago, rio309 said:

My hate for Babydoll is a cumulative thing. Yes I dislike it as a song, but plenty of songs I've disliked in the past have made #1.

What I hate is that almost every #1 this last year or two has been from a mid poppy sort of bracket that represents a small fraction of the musical spectrum (Babydoll coming after Choosing Texas, RMI, Ordinary, I Knew You..., MIN, Stick Season etc)

Where's the dance / indie / rap / ballad etc #1s? There used to be so much more variety in what would chart high.

Ashe's song is at least quite interesting so I hope she beats Babydoll

Rein me In held back 2 dance songs and IloveitIloveitIloveit which I consider to be a bit alternative

I think the phrase you guys are looking for is "adult contemporary" (or "easy listening'). Almost all the #1s fit into that category now. Only recent one that comes to mind that doesn't is Dior.

But I think that kind of music has always been the most popular. Adele and Ed Sheeran were the biggest artists last decade for example, Taylor Swift maybe for this decade, and before that you had artists like Take That, James Blunt, Dido, etc reach incredible heights.

1 hour ago, Eric_Blob said:

I think the phrase you guys are looking for is "adult contemporary" (or "easy listening'). Almost all the #1s fit into that category now. Only recent one that comes to mind that doesn't is Dior.

You could call it adult contemporary at a push but "easy listening" is a very different type of genre.

New peaks on Spotify today:

#24 P!nk feat. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me A Reason

#110 bôa - Duvet

RMI back at number 1. zzz

Noah Kahan back up 11 spots to 25 with 'Draw You Out'

Rein Me In got autoplay :/ also annoyed that the autoplay went to Escapism. & WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! this week, why the hell are her team making no attempt to push Joy. on streaming??? Has been a single for over a month now & yet it hasn’t even been added to Hot Hits UK which is baffling

Can 'Melatonin' hurry up and become the smash it deserves to be please and thank you.

1 minute ago, Tafty said:

Can 'Melatonin' hurry up and become the smash it deserves to be please and thank you.

PLEASE! the public not picking up Tinashe's bops en-masse makes it seem like nobody wants to dance anymore...

34 minutes ago, blackmascara said:

Rein Me In got autoplay :/ also annoyed that the autoplay went to Escapism. & WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! this week, why the hell are her team making no attempt to push Joy. on streaming??? Has been a single for over a month now & yet it hasn’t even been added to Hot Hits UK which is baffling

It's a shame as it definitely has potential to be a hit!

Sadly I dont see pink getting areset if it hasn't already its been more of slow crawl upwards rather than going viral

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.