Jump to content

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Chez Wombat said:

I've been drawn in Semi 1 8/10 times this year and I was really hoping I'd make it a full year, I suppose it could still make it a half one x

I am the opposite - 8 out of 9 semi 2 draws so far this year :’)

  • Replies 140
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • We have our new seven minute melody-free vocals over a repetitive unchanging dance beat
 Time for a collaborative playlist x

  • blacksquare
    blacksquare

    BJSC 189:

  • Forgot to mention, thank you to @Lindsey. and @dhwe for theming the semi finals with their drawings, and @JSG for the unhinged Star Trek reindeer in the banner. Everyone who made something will be fea

Posted Images

  • Author
8 minutes ago, pavi said:
Apple Music – Webplayer
No image preview

„189 🟪 sf1“ von Pavel Iarygin bei Apple Music

Playlist · 29 Titel

Apple Music – Webplayer
No image preview

„189 🟦 sf2“ von Pavel Iarygin bei Apple Music

Playlist · 30 Titel

Kylienips is also missing from semi 1.


Thank you! I'll add to the first post 🖤

And of course it doesn't want to attach nicely x

Edited by blacksquare
bj rudeness

These are interesting Semi's - my song is somewhat crossover with a great pop hook taken from Captain Hollywood Project but also hard dutch Gabba beats.

I know 4 other songs from my semi: Rollergirl, Sofia Camara, KiiKii and Mia Wray.

So I sent a song called Manifest, and @Bror sent an act called manifest? Okayyy 🤗

My sister was obsessed with Parallel Worlds, I know that very well.

Not much I do know in here this month at all.

1 minute ago, blacksquare said:


Thank you! I'll add to the first post 🖤

And of course it doesn't want to attach nicely x

I usually paste the text link (without the “?hl…” part, make a new line so that it converts into a URL and wait a little - it usually embeds itself within a few seconds.

Sarah Kinsley finally making it too after Fleeting-gate!

1 minute ago, blacksquare said:


I usually find when a semi becomes too samey or one note, that is when you can stand out (although I haven't listened to anything yet)

Oh, it will stand out for sure, just noone will vote for it 😄

5 minutes ago, RobBot said:

Okay, with that semi split, it’s been real, thank you for a lovely streak 😂

It's okay, your entry will stand out, just as mine 🤣

39 minutes ago, Bror said:

I think my entry shouldn't be at too much risk of DNQing this time unless me leaning too hard on pop voters severely backfires

image.png?ex=6ac4e0d4&is=6ac38f54&hm=704

On second thoughts can I just have my AQ please. POPHub can have one too to even things out. xxx

(seriously though let me keep the faith, I see at least a few fine people in this semi who can appreciate a good Jersey-club-via-K-Pop-coded vaguely ethnic girly banger. x)

I laughed at Addy and uhsting immediately clocking who I sent. Türkiye clearly does not have many girlgroups. x

3 minutes ago, WoW73 said:

So I sent a song called Manifest, and @Bror sent an act called manifest? Okayyy 🤗

Hehe I did notice this - oddly the word has never appeared in the name of any previous BJSC song (or artist) but now twice at once!

~

Glad that FSR Rontvia have now sent Modern English after swapping away from it the other month (not that HENGE was a bad replacement...!) - I actually know of it via Todd in the Shadows' One Hit Wonderland series, although it's very generous for him to have considered them qualified for that as it was barely a hit (#76 in the US). It does have quite a high streaming tally though so clearly is somewhat of a cult hit, interested to see how many people do recognise it. (Also going for a song with Olivia Rodrigo connections worked well for me last month cheeseblock)

Also Squarepusher finally in a BJSC we love to see (not that I know the song).

I just had a listen to semi 2’s short snippets and the quality+diversity is crazy

1 minute ago, Bror said:

image.png?ex=6ac4e0d4&is=6ac38f54&hm=704

On second thoughts can I just have my AQ please. POPHub can have one too to even things out. xxx

(seriously though let me keep the faith, I see at least a few fine people in this semi who can appreciate a good Jersey-club-via-K-Pop-coded vaguely ethnic girly banger. x)

Hehe I did notice this - oddly the word has never appeared in the name of any previous BJSC song (or artist) but now twice at once!

~

Glad that FSR Rontvia have now sent Modern English after swapping away from it the other month (not that HENGE was a bad replacement...!) - I actually know of it via Todd in the Shadows' One Hit Wonderland series, although it's very generous for him to have considered them qualified for that as it was barely a hit (#76 in the US). It does have quite a high streaming tally though so clearly is somewhat of a cult hit, interested to see how many people do recognise it. (Also going for a song with Olivia Rodrigo connections worked well for me last month cheeseblock)

Also Squarepusher finally in a BJSC we love to see (not that I know the song).

Of course, when I send alt pop, you're not in my semi, lol

Well given the style of our entry and which countries are in each semi we can’t be too sad at losing our 100% semi 1 record! Will the qualification record be going with it too though? 😬

Just now, WoW73 said:

Of course, when I send alt pop, you're not in my semi, lol

I've actually sent Frankie Rose to another contest myself before (with 'Sixteen Ways' - just checked and it wasn't a contest that you entered (was in the Pop forum, not BJSC)). The universe wants this to be a strong #lookysephonia month xx

Massive early hipe to Pagasa btw

  • Author

I would be absolutely sweating in the Barbie semi

IMG_6049.jpeg

In theory everyone should be happy as they’re mostly with their usual blocs? 🙏🏻

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1