Tuesday at 16:372 days It’s going to pain me if BuzzJack tanks Robyn for sending this song, it’s great! I’ll also be regarding low scores for her as being a slight towards Beverley Knight too x
Tuesday at 21:102 days Ok, this round is literal FIRE 🔥 Brava ladies Now how one does the rankings?!!
Tuesday at 22:122 days Well that was brutal, but I knew nothing would beat 24 hours <3. Ultimate Agnes favorite along I Trance FAVEAgnes - 24 HoursRobyn - Keep This Fire BurningZara Larsson - Can't Tame HerKate Bush - CloudbustingSophie Ellis-Bextor - BittersweetAdele - Chasing PavementsLeona Lewis feat. Avicii - CollideJessie Ware - Hot N HeavyMARINA - I Am Not a RobotLEAST FAVE
Tuesday at 22:162 days 3 minutes ago, Addy! said:Well that was brutal, but I knew nothing would beat 24 hours <3. Ultimate Agnes favorite along I Trance FAVEAgnes - 24 HoursRobyn - Keep This Fire BurningZara Larsson - Can't Tame HerKate Bush - CloudbustingSophie Ellis-Bextor - BittersweetAdele - Chasing PavementsLeona Lewis feat. Avicii - CollideJessie Ware - Hot N HeavyMARINA - I Am Not a RobotLEAST FAVEMARINA LAST... WHATTTTT????
Tuesday at 22:192 days Somebody had to sorry!!!Nothing against the song, it's an amazing song but I don't have that strong of a connection with :(.
Tuesday at 22:202 days Also, side note... this round is absolutely incredible. Not a single bad song from the ladies here, people in this category have come to play. I am going to need a few days to process this order.I am spending a couple days with @Lee_J11 this week, we have already planned a listening party to try and break this down I will say, I am disappointed with the Robyn choice considering her absolute solid catalogue of songs and how much of a fan favourite she is here on BJ, maybe a touch complacent? That being said, for it to have so many last place votes is really shocking, it isn't that bad I had Robyn being a comfortable top 5 of this event so it would be the most shocking elimination for sure.
Wednesday at 08:151 day I'd like to personally thank Marina's mentor.I've been a fan since 2012 and listened to all her albums as she's released them, but it's been a good 6 years plus since I've listened to her albums properly in full. I'll be making sure I do that soon. The Family Jewels and Electra Heart are masterpieces.
Wednesday at 08:191 day 01 Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Bittersweet (fave)02 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her03 Agnes - 24 Hours04 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy05 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide06 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning07 Adele - Chasing Pavements08 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting09 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot
Wednesday at 08:211 day Those two posts completely opposing each other Should we be worried for Marina?
Wednesday at 08:501 day Starting with the females as I’m a bit strapped for time this week and I’m familiar with all of these so gave them a quick and easy listen on the way to work:09 Agnes - 24 Hours (I feel equally about all of my top 3 and don’t really know how to split them but Agnes hasn’t had a top rating from me yet and I think this is one of her best ever, so felt deserving of the maximum at last for an artist that I adore)08 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her (could easily be a third week at the top for me, a pretty flawless pop song by one of my favourite artists of all time - 24 Hours just whacked me over the head that liiiitle bit more)07 Adele - Chasing Pavements (this has aged like fine wine, an instant classic sounding song and that final chorus is just euphoric when she leads in with the big note from the middle 8 - I think I appreciate this more now than I would’ve done aged 12)06 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet (I’ve always had a soft spot for this song and found it underrated so I’m glad to see it receiving love in this thread, lush)05 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide (is it generic for Leona? Yes. Does it still bang? Absolutely. Loving all the representation for Leonas up tempos in this contest because they don’t get enough wider world love)04 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting (again, splitting hairs at this point but easily my favourite Kate entry to date so I felt like it deserved more than the bare minimum)03 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy (the era where I sat up and paid attention to Jessie, fantastic song but pretty much every other single from this era has more of an impact on me)02 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot (I definitely loved this when it was released and it still does sound great but hasn’t aged with as much finesse as others to my ears, still like an 8/10 though, it’s just a super strong pack)01 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning (again, I hate to add to the dogpile because this isn’t a bad song but I definitely prefer I Am Not A Robot by a decent distance so I couldn’t put it anywhere else)
Wednesday at 09:051 day 01 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting02 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet03 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot04 Agnes - 24 Hours05 Adele - Chasing Pavements06 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her07 Leona Lewis - Collide (feat. Avicii)08 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning09 Jessie Ware - Hot N HeavyOoooooh I just know that something good is gonna happen 💜What a lopsided relationship I'm having with Jessie Ware so far as I've now given her two 1st places and two lasts this was a strong round for sure.
Wednesday at 12:101 day 40 minutes ago, pavi said:These Marina bottom placements are blasphemous.Hopefully she’ll pick up with some of the more alt-leaning voters putting their ranks in
Wednesday at 12:151 day Then I hope pop girlies show up for Robyn, because let’s be real Robyn >>> Marina, even in this round!!!
Wednesday at 12:261 day 11 minutes ago, Addy! said:Then I hope pop girlies show up for Robyn, because let’s be real Robyn >>> Marina, even in this round!!!Let’s not be delusional now x
Wednesday at 13:411 day 1 hour ago, Addy! said:Then I hope pop girlies show up for Robyn, because let’s be real Robyn >>> Marina, even in this round!!!I rated both low; so i guess i'm not a pop girly, or an indie boy
Wednesday at 16:481 day Author Zara Larsson - Can't Tame HerJessie Ware - Hot N HeavyAdele - Chasing PavementsSophie Ellis-Bextor - BittersweetLeona Lewis feat. Avicii - CollideMARINA - I Am Not a RobotAgnes - 24 HoursRobyn - Keep This Fire BurningKate Bush - Cloudbusting
Create an account or sign in to comment