Jump to content

Featured Replies

I wasnt very clear in my post , Tom has many songs to choose from and his ‘representative’ is playing with some risk!

His dance tunes are not for me but this choice is also rogue!

Edited by vibe

  • Replies 50
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • No, no, he's right, if he says it's Bobby Darin and that's a good enough reason to put it second, then I support that notion - Bobby Darin it is. nods

  • HRVY - hesitate Sam Fender - Get You Down Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One Darin - Fantasi Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin Roose

  • Only one more, and the same number as Calvin - it was Sam's mentor who played 'Promises'!

Posted Images

Yes BDC sounds great on first listen! His and Fender's choices complement each other well this round actually!

Boys Don’t Cry is my favourite single from Tom’s last album, so that’s a good choice for my tastes! In fact it’s my second highest scrobbled Tom Grennan song (behind Little Bit of Love).

Obsessed with the Calvin Harris/Sam Smith song grabbing war. cheeseblock

2 minutes ago, -Jay- said:

Obsessed with the Calvin Harris/Sam Smith song grabbing war. cheeseblock

We need David Guetta and Kelly Rowland cast next season. lol

49 minutes ago, jimwatts said:

Only one more, and the same number as Calvin - it was Sam's mentor who played 'Promises'!

Oh yes, my mistake, Calvin getting his own back then (unless the song doesn't do the business).

  1. SAM SMITH

  2. CALVIN HARRIS

  3. SAM FENDER

  4. TOM GRENNAN

  5. DARIN

  6. GARY NUMAN

  7. DAMIEN RICE

  8. ROOSEVELT

  9. HRVY

 

Haven’t kept up with Tom Grennan in years now but didn’t release he was releasing bops like this so recently. Always had a huge soft spot for a Sam Smith classic ballad too, more so than the upbeat ones they did in the early days like Latch, La La La or Money On My Mind.  

 

1 HRVY

2 Sam Smith

3 Darin

4 Calvin Harris (bit on the weaker side but is better then the ones below)

5 Roosevelt

6 Sam Fender

7 Damien Rice (his best yet but I just don't think this artist is for me)

8 Gary Newman

9 Tom Greenan (does he have to shout his lyrics at me)

1 Darin - Fantasi · Yet another absolute banger! But this time with added key change! Where has this guy been hiding?!

2 Damien Rice - Cannonball · The only time Damien will be even remotely close to the top of my votes! Always had a lot of love for this song, way before Little Mix got their mitts on it.

3 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry · Really catchy, one of Tom's best!

4 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One · This is the kind of mid-tempo ballad which Sam excels at.

5 HRVY - hesitate · As I already alluded to, I would've preferred 'Lie To Me' over this, but it's not a bad song really.

6 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire · Not a bad song but it was past Calvin's peak.

7 Roosevelt - Montreal · Ooh I'm liking the production on this one! Probably the best Roosevelt entry sent so far I guess.

8 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin · Wasn't bad, and again nice production, but it went on a bit too long.

9 Sam Fender - Get You Down · This song did get me down a little bit, sorry.

  1. Darin - Fantasi - The original is a Swedish classic, and Darin does it justice, a good clubby production on this and I love how well he is doing, more please! The Scandipop style really stands out in this round.

  2. Damien Rice - Cannonball - I do not blame Damien's mentor for playing this now, if he nearly slipped out with Amie, which was fantastic. This is a classic of course, and far better than the Little Mix cover.

  3. Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One - I do actually really like this classy ballad from Sam, much more than some of their others, the lovely chords have always reminded me a bit of Randy Newman? If it was sped up I could imagine it in Toy Story. This category is really making me look like a Sam Smith stan!

  4. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire - when Calvin decided to go trance for a couple of singles... after I absolutely adored Miracle, I wasn't that huge on Desire but still, it's decent.

  5. Sam Fender - Get You Down - Another pretty good Sam song although I'm not super passionate about it, nice production though as ever.

  6. HRVY - hesitate - was nice enough but I didn't like it as much as the last few from HRVY, hope he survives though!

  7. Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry - I remember this, as the slightly shouty chorus reminds me a bit of We Are Your Friends. I quite liked the 80s production vibe he was going for on his recent material, although again, his voice isn't my cup of tea generally.

  8. Roosevelt - Montreal - I didn't get too much from this, although it has a nice disco soundscape.

  9. Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin - Not my favourite unfortunately, I much preferred his older material.

FAVE

Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire (this sounded so good today, the bass, the beat and the melody <3)

Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin (shocked how much I liked this one, that production o <3)

Darin - Fantasi (Darin keeps delivering week after week <3)

Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

Roosevelt - Montreal

HRVY - hesitate

Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

Damien Rice - Cannonball

Sam Fender - Get You Down

LEAST FAVE

01 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

02 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

03 Damien Rice - Cannonball

04 Roosevelt - Montreal

05 Sam Fender - Get You Down

06 Darin - Fantasi

07 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

08 HRVY - hesitate

09 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

Gary still reliable for dark synth goodness even in the 21st century!

I'm generally not the biggest fan of Sam Smith's ballads but have a soft spot for 'I'm Not The One One'.

image.png

01 Sam Fender - Get You Down Fender hasn't put a foot wrong for me yet - this is another fantastic selection. heart Incredible voice.

02 Darin - Fantasi my favourite pick from Darin so far! heart love the production on this.

03 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry loving the change-up in sound from Tom here. heart Another really strong selection.

04 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin perhaps my favourite Gary pick so far.

05 Roosevelt – Montreal another fab pick from Roosevelt. Consistent king!

06 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire huge step-up from last week imo kink really enjoyed this - again, just a competitive round.

07 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One oops it feels criminal ranking this so low as I consider it one of Sam's best ballads. That said, the acts above are bringing it a little more for me.

08 Damien Rice - Cannonball again, this feels criminal since it's undoubtedly a great play by Damien's mentor but I just wouldn't choose to listen to it personally. I think he should be okay this round regardless.

09 HRVY – hesitate I'm still waiting for him to wow me. I don't dislike it, just find it a bit average compared to the rest. (sorry!)

  • Author
  1. HRVY - hesitate

  2. Sam Fender - Get You Down

  3. Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

  4. Darin - Fantasi

  5. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

  6. Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

  7. Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

  8. Roosevelt - Montreal

  9. Damien Rice - Cannonball

I try not to comment too much and remain as neutral as possible as host, but genuinely wtf @ Damien. I'd never heard the original before now and it is horrendous. I fear they made Little Mix record that as their winner's single so there was actually a palatable version of the song out there in the world. Tin can, drunk man singing shite in a pub vibes. No offence to Damien's mentor though because I'm sure it's a great pick for him going by the comments and it'll be safe regardless. selena

01 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire (fave)

02 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

03 Darin - Fantasi

04 HRVY - hesitate

05 Roosevelt - Montreal

06 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

07 Damien Rice - Cannonball

08 Sam Fender - Get You Down

09 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

Edited by ElectroBoy

  1. Damien Rice - Cannonball

  2. Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

  3. Sam Fender - Get You Down

  4. Roosevelt - Montreal

  5. HRVY - hesitate

  6. Darin - Fantasi

  7. Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

  8. Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

  9. Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

1 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One

2 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Desire

3 Gary Numan - My Name is Ruin

4 Sam Fender - Get You Down

5 Damien Rice - Cannonball

6 Darin - Fantasi

7 Roosevelt - Montreal

8 Tom Grennan - Boys Don't Cry

9 HRVY - hesitate

That's my favourite Sam Smith song, and with the Calvin collabs used up now too, they may not get this high in my votes again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.