BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cruel Summer ē Fifth Single?, Lover
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Juan Carlos
post Jun 17 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 21,211
   No Gallery Pics

Next single from Lover. Serviced to US Pop and Hot AC radio formats.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 17 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Brilliant choice wub.gif

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Jun 17 2020, 06:48 PM
Post #3
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Is this actually confirmed? Cos this is about the 6th/7th time itís been pushed on radio or Iíve seen a source like this without much else than itís been serviced and nothing happens after that aha. Afaik last I heard was that this wasnít a single/was cancelled and radio have been playing it on its own accord

+Quote Post
Juan Carlos
post Jun 17 2020, 06:55 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 21,211
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Jun 17 2020, 01:48 PM) *
Is this actually confirmed?
It's available to listen and to download on AllAccess. Also, it's close to reach the Top 50 at Pop radio in the US, so it seems that Republic is fully going with it.

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Jun 17 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

1 year too late :/

+Quote Post
StupidLove
post Jun 17 2020, 11:52 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 104,307
   No Gallery Pics

Bit late laugh.gif this should've been pushed earlier or chosen over the terrible ME!

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Jun 18 2020, 02:57 AM
Post #7
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 1,454

I love this song. I agree with the fact that it should have been released as a single much sooner.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Jun 18 2020, 09:52 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Juan Carlos @ Jun 17 2020, 07:55 PM) *
It's available to listen and to download on AllAccess. Also, it's close to reach the Top 50 at Pop radio in the US, so it seems that Republic is fully going with it.

ahh okay. ngl I'm still not convinced this is being pushed properly as a single, it feels more like the option is there to play it & its being encouraged but its not being properly pushed as a single yet.

I do think if circumstances were normal, this would've been a single rn with a video & the promotion co-inciding with Lover Fest. (there are rumours that single plans changed due to the situation in the swifties fanbase)

I feel they'll only go ahead with this properly as a single if it really takes off on radio naturally. I can't see this doing anything if its pushed as a single, bar maybe a good boost if there's somehow an amazing video. Unless we get a single remix? Ik Post Malone & Cardi B have been rumoured but I doubt either will turn out to be true. This rly should've been a single last summer but I cba to get into this again ahaha :/

+Quote Post
Monzo
post Jun 24 2020, 10:36 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 349
   No Gallery Pics

Cruel Summer didn't debut in any Billboard charts this week, so I guess it was just wishful thinking it would become an official single.

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Jun 24 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

This not being the lead single will forever get me.

Such a waste.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Jun 24 2020, 10:10 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Monzo @ Jun 24 2020, 11:36 AM) *
Cruel Summer didn't debut in any Billboard charts this week, so I guess it was just wishful thinking it would become an official single.

I wasn't expecting it to hit any charts this week but it got 0 new adds, isn't really doing anything on radio and isn't being pushed too hard so I really don't think this is an official single. I feel this is gonna be Getaway Car part 2 of speculation for a couple of months before everything fizzles out laugh.gif

also the leader in Taylor's inner circle insider group (who dropped hints about folklore & cardigan the other week) said this yesterday:
'I stand by my original statement and trust the information I was given. If it turns out to be wrong and Cruel Summer has been officially sent to radio as a single then obviously the original plans changed.'

I wonder what the original plans were?? I'd live if we get new music now that it seems confirmed that his original hints about expecting something exciting soon we're about music & not a life event.

+Quote Post
Monzo
post Jun 25 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 349
   No Gallery Pics

I think the title Cruel Summer is the problem. There could be a lot of radio DJs who'd put a connection with Covid 19 before or after they played the song, even though the actual lyrics have no connection with Covid 19 at all. So if Taylor's record company gave up Cruel Summer because of that I wonder if they got another single in mind or if Lover era is already over.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 25 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #13
(Oh na na)
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Monzo @ Jun 25 2020, 05:43 PM) *
I think the title Cruel Summer is the problem. There could be a lot of radio DJs who'd put a connection with Covid 19 before or after they played the song, even though the actual lyrics have no connection with Covid 19 at all. So if Taylor's record company gave up Cruel Summer because of that I wonder if they got another single in mind or if Lover era is already over.

At least it's not as bad as when Kesha's 'Die Young' was blacklisted from US Radio after a school shooting tearsmile.gif

Unlike the rest of the world this isn't even a fave on the album but it makes total sense to release it. Although If The Man flopped, this won't do any better. I miss long album campaigns cry.gif

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 25 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #14
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Monzo @ Jun 25 2020, 05:43 PM) *

That's such a reach it's unreal.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 25 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

That is the sort of over-sensitivity that radio would submit to though.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Jun 26 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #16

It's probably not real (like 90% of rumours over the past year) but there's rumours a track called When You Go with Post Malone is being released next Friday.

edit: 99% likely its fake but I do feel were gonna get a Taylor/Post collab at somepoint

+Quote Post
jotiko
post Jun 26 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #17
New Entry
Member No.: 89,981
   No Gallery Pics

l love this song soo much

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th July 2020 - 08:31 PM